An Update to Battleborn is Rolling Out Thursday, October 19th, 2017

(Gearbox Licensing Human) #1

Hey everyone!

A new update for Battleborn is rolling out for all platforms tomorrow, October 19th, at 12pm PT/3pm ET!

The update includes a ton of new content, including:

• 6 Borderlands-themed skins featuring Alani as Maya, Caldarius as Maliwan, El Dragón as a Psycho, ISIC as Claptrap, Orendi as Tiny Tina, and Rath as Zer0!
  • 60 new Color Skins
  • 10 new Taunts
  • 4 new Finisher Boosts

Additionally, the team has implemented a variety of in-game updates and bug fixes, including a subtle but far-reaching change to the way in which skills grow throughout a match. Many of these updates were tested by members of the community, plus some of our favorite tournament teams! Their help was instrumental in making the game stronger and more balanced!

Check out the update notes for a full list of changes!

If you received a code at PAX West for a free set of Borderlands-themed Battleborn skins, your skins should appear in Command upon completion of the update.

If you missed out on a chance to redeem your PAX West code, don’t worry! You now have until November 1st to do so! Go to gearboxsoftware.com/pax_west_2017 to redeem the code on your giveaway card. You’ll receive a SHiFT code for the platform of your choice, which you can redeem by going to the SHiFT menu under “Extras”.

If your skins don’t appear in Command, or you have any issues redeeming the code, don’t worry – our Support team will be happy to assist you via http://support.gearboxsoftware.com

22 Likes

Last Battleborn Patch?
Nemo's Breakdown on the Patch Changes
(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #2

I win.

5 Likes

(Velocitas est Vita) #3

Yet somehow, we all still lost…

16 Likes

([In Memories Delusional]) #4

Well, I should’ve expected it, but it’s depressing that the story content will remain relying on shoddy servers :confused:

6 Likes

(The Villain) #5

I feel really bad for this community.

9 Likes

(PSN: SirWalrusCrow) #6

I’m rather torn…

On the one hand I’m happy we finally got a release date (and so soon).

On the other hand, I’m somewhat dissapointed by the lack of balance changes. Was looking forward to an overhaul to the meta :confused:

9 Likes

(UnrealXistenz) #7

I didn’t see anything in the patch notes about Kelvin’s “Micro Macro Mist Me” challenge now being doable in Bots Battle!?
If this has not been fixed, I’m really not happy about it… goodbye forever 100% Battleborn completion, we would have been so happy together. :sob:

6 Likes

(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #8

I’m going to be honest, I’m somewhat disappointed to see that there’s no cross-platform for bots or story - I know I was expecting something that was almost guaranteed to not happen, but as a PC player I’m genuinely disappointed.

I’m not a big PvP fan, and I think I’ve hit as much as I can get solo out of the game. There’s not many PC players are either into story, or even around at times that are really convenient to me (though I don’t know the spread, it seems there’s more NA time zone players than not) so I was hoping for cross-platform of the PvE and PvB aspects.

I’m also surprised we haven’t seen anything to try and make the bots able to do the likes of Face-Off or the other gimmick modes. I think they’re all ones which require full parties, and as someone who doesn’t like PvP enough to put in the time or effort of looking for a group where I’ll probably be the group punching bag (and 1v1 or 2v2 versions of these don’t sound as fun as the full parties would be) I’ve never got to try Gravity Rumble or the other modes.

All in all. I’ve enjoyed what I’ve gotten out of the game, I’m somewhat disappointed the game had to go through what it did, and that the negative light cast on it stopped people appreciating the game for what it was but I’ve enjoyed the last year and a bit.

11 Likes

(Deandes in crime ) #9

Boldur Bot will engage in combat

Now the game is finally complete.

6 Likes

(Rick is my Spirit Animal) split this topic #10

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Last Update Bad Posts

0 Likes

(Deandes in crime ) #11

Actually, most importantly, my Holotwin will now have cat ears. That’s double the adorable for those of you keeping track at home. And nobody messed with my Deande in any negative way. Nemo wins this round.

9 Likes

(Zstreet17) #12

Thanks for the release date.

@MereAtGBX Any word you can give us on how to obtain the 60 new color skins? I’m assuming since they are new colors they are not premium like the Borderlands ones.

2 Likes

(Jennerit Supremacist) #13

Well… I can play shayne again. So thanks for that I guess.

3 Likes

(Deandes in crime ) #14

I swear to ■■■■■■■ god if they’re in Magnus packs I’m going to throw my console out the window.

8 Likes

(30% more flak) #15

Oh. Is that… Really it? There’s no balance changes? Nothing?

3 Likes

(Zstreet17) #16

You and I both know they are. Which means they are of course unobtainable.

3 Likes

(Alansandbucketga) #17

how do i read the update notes? the link leads to a rather confusing page :\

0 Likes

(PSN: SirWalrusCrow) #18

I’m im denial of this possibility and desperately hope they’re tied to time spent on the characters or matches played on them (counting both PvE & PvP).

0 Likes

(David White) #19

The update notes link is broken, here is the working link:

3 Likes

(Deandes in crime) #20

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that Shaurox was fixed, but nothing on Orendi’s Paradigm Shift? :cry:

5 Likes