An Update to Battleborn is Rolling Out Thursday, October 19th, 2017

Play through the story, dojo, or bots battle a bunch and really understand your character before jumping into PvP.

5 Likes
(Obliterated in the Man-Barbecue of Combat) #289

Wait… is this the Fall Update?

What’s gonna happen with the narrative (people who’ve ran all of Ekkunar know what I’m talking about)?! :cry:

(Kamakazi1995) #290

Read all the characters and skills in command.
Play the story.
Do the incursion tutorial.
Try out all characters in the dojo.
Get teammates before you jump into pvp.

If on xbox I can help this evening if you want to learn.
If on pc/ps4 lookup the groups on there and ask if anyone is willing to teach you the game.

4 Likes
(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #291

Which platform. If you’re on PS4 or Xbox someone from there might be able to point you in the right direction for one of their groups. If you’re on PC https://discordapp.com/invite/battleborn is the link to the discord (if you use discord, that is).

(ClkwrkCuttlfish) #292

With any luck we will all meet again in “Battleborn 2: the search for more money”

(The Red Bar Observer) #293

You may have to wait 25 years for David Lynch to direct a followup DLC.

3 Likes
(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #294

It’s going to rot in the corner until someone decides to try to milk money out of people who fell in love with this, and then folks will revive the desiccated corpse of Toby to waddle over and pick a consumers pocket while they try to distract us with magic tricks at pax

1 Like
(Obliterated in the Man-Barbecue of Combat) #295

Okay, I’m not one for conspiracies, but that theory about 2K Games sabotaging Battleborn from the outset makes more sense by the day.

Like… NDAs when you need people to know about the game in order for it to work (if one particular video is to be believed)?! That’s monumentally [adjective I can’t say out of fear of divine retribution from aforementioned 2K execs].

5 Likes
(Deandes in crime ) #296

i changed my forum title. didn’t you notice? and dont go looking for the other half. you’ll never find her!

2 Likes
(The Red Bar Observer) #298

I think the rumours of a troubled development have a lot of credibility. The thinly-suppressed frustration of the devs has been palpable on these forums at times (remember Jythri and the nail-in-the-eye emoji?)

4 Likes
(Obliterated in the Man-Barbecue of Combat) #299

No I don’t actually. Looks like I have some digging to do…

2 Likes
(Deandes in crime ) #300

Okay GBX, imma make you an offer.

take away all these borderlands skins i got from being at pax. they are worth 2K plat each. Then i want you to give me in exchange the Deande cyber skin, and i want you to give one to @Phoenix-2613 as well. that is all.

despite what people say about the previous magnus skin, how it’s the McDonald skin, or the ketchup and mustard skin, i absolutely adore the skin. But I don’t need to look like the joker as Deande as well.

1 Like
(The Red Bar Observer) #301

It was in response to last year’s controversy over 2K publicly implying Battleborn was a failure, or however that scandal went (long time ago now.) Someone asked Jythri if the way the marketers treated the game made him want to stick a nail in his eye. He posted a smiley and an ASCII nail.

As I remember it.

He also wanted true free to play, which evidently they never got permission to do

4 Likes
(Jennerit Supremacist) #302

Surprisingly enough I went quite a while with playing very little Rath. Ps4 got to the point where the only decent games could be done in private matches. When that happened I started to diversify my character pool. Rath is still my most played, by far. But I’ve been playing other characters lately including OM, WF, Caldarius, Attikus, El Dragon, all the supports and even Toby. Last night I did Deande/Rath with Nemo in what feels like the first time in ages though. It was fun and nostalgic so I feel another Rath binge coming.

3 Likes
(Obliterated in the Man-Barbecue of Combat) #303

Wait, I just thought something far more harrowing…

Is… is this it? Is this the definitive end of Battleborn? Is the plug being removed from the socket or do we still have time to pray and say our last goodbyes? :fearful:

1 Like
(Velocitas est Vita) #304

Nope. This is the little bandage being ripped from the irritating scratch, which unknowingly will cause the game to slowly but truly and painfully bleed to death in a sad but inescapably slow end.

2 Likes
(The Red Bar Observer) #305

I’m sure the Battleborn IP is beloved by the devs who stuck it out. I’m also sure it is not universally beloved at Gearbox, as it has proven another blow to the reputation of the company, fairly or not.

However, the distance between what was allegedly promised at PAX and the contents of this patch, and the desperate pricing of the BL2 skins, suggest that enthusiasm and resources drained out even quicker than the (dispirited) BB faction expected.

I’d be really surprised to see a Battleborn 2. Gearbox has been cautious about a sequel even to its most popular and beloved franchise. A BB sequel would just reopen this particular wound for them - it’s not as painful as revisiting Alien or Duke Nukem, but it’s still going to invite all kinds of “failed hero shooter Battleborn to receive the sequel nobody wanted” type articles.

I am really sorry about it all.

10 Likes
(PSN:Santbech_2038) #306

Battleborn Is like a bad lover. . .
d12e92c9-9839-424f-8c90-25338b5972b5

2 Likes
(wisecarver) #307

Just tested Shayne in Bots with some of the peeps here, Oh man she rocks.

(CTT | Beta | Firstborn | Founder | Savior of the Universe) #308

Anybody still wanna try Kelvin’s lore in Botbattle?