An Update to Battleborn is Rolling Out Thursday, October 19th, 2017

And now I’m sad that I missed it, because I almost couldn’t keep my eyes open anymore when my download finished. :frowning:

0 Likes

(Augustus Benedict) #350

no szechuan sauce!?

0 Likes

(A euclid-class anomaly) #351

‘Not a bang, but a whimper.’

I mean, I understand the expectation of shooting high and accepting low but come on… this was even less than my jaded expectations could imagine. My sympathies to the BB team that almost certainly got their production time and money choked off.

Friend and I were even talking about running some missions in honor of the last patch… we played Dead by Daylight all night instead. Ah well, so it goes.

2 Likes

(the one person that likes capture ) #352

it’s nice that till the end we will still be able to chain stun people. I like being able to do nothing but watch my death unfold before my eyes. I just sit there and watch. like i do when i’m waiting for a match in a lobby, at least the suffering ends a bit quicker this way.

1 Like

(wisecarver) #353

…Always a pleasure.

1 Like

(Hitman01232) #355

I remembered that they were going to balance all 30 characters. Guess i was wrong.

1 Like

(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #356

I know people feel strongly about this final patch (understatement of the year, I know) but keep in mind the forum rules apply to everyone all the time.

There’s been a lot of flagged posts so if people need a refresher, here you go.

1 Like

(Kain Zilla) #357

I respect the hard work that you mods have ahead of you at this moment, @Tokesy97

Unfortunately, it is only going to get worse. Salt is at an all-time high and there is literally nothing to ever desalinate the situation coming. This is the end. So we’d all best expect that people are going to give their last big middle finger before peacing out of the forums, banned or not.

4 Likes

(Ckx00000) #358

I dont think anyone cares at this point.

Or are the character balance changes still coming down the pipe?

A way to deal with the CC chain meta?

Anything else that was promised besides the microtransactions?

2 Likes

(Natsume Ryu) #359

Since so many folks seemed to think the FU promised cc changes…

i hate to break it to you, but that was the SU promise. Youre behind an update.

As far as i can tell, they couldnt get the technicalities of it worked out while they had a team still together.

And for those asking for AI for other modes-
This is not a ‘flip a switch’ solution. Someone actually needs to be paid to not only put in pathing for each map, but objective ai for each mode, and then each bot has its own tailered ai on top of that because of skills (im pretty sure the reason KU throws drones at enemies is because they only had time to copy/paste his ai from another character, so he doesnt know to target friendlies with it.)

2 Likes

(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #360

I would love to be able to answer those questions, there is a number of things I wish Gearbox had done with Battleborn. There’s a number of things that I personally hate in Battleborn (Microtransactions and pay for rng being two that really stand out) but I don’t know what pressure and contractual obligations have been enforced through the games development cycle.

However, the moderators are all only volunteers, we’re not privy to information that isn’t publically available. We don’t have a hand in the development of any of Gearbox’s titles any more than any other community member, the closest we’d come to directly shaping the game is the possibility of an Easter Egg about any of us.

6 Likes

(wisecarver) #361

Well stated Toke.

Q: Friend and I just did the Phoebe dlc at 100 OPs and neither of us got the commander pack.
Update broke this?

0 Likes

(Deandes in crime ) #362

I find these comments highly unacceptable. If someone loves a character in this game they’re okay in my book, regardless of any gameplay. I can respect the dedication.

9 Likes

(Deandes in crime ) #363

Kids need to learn adversity.

0 Likes

(Grippy) #364

I’m happy battleborns final update came out! I’m
coming back on in just a bit. Are the 30 skins cool? Also, no new map? :sweat: I thought they were adding another? :frowning:

0 Likes

(Deandes in crime ) #365

Do you like spending money?

1 Like

(face) #366

blindly spending money has nothing to do with love for a character. But it does certainly have someyhing to do with supporting a cause that refuses to support you back-this is a symbiotic relationship,the consumer needing the producer for entertainment and the producer needing the consumer to stay relevant.

in this case, the producer takes and takes and takes-and gives nothing back.-meanwhile people still throw their money into an empty pit-its about being a smart consumer-u wanna buy skins and dlc throughout the year?thats up to yu-but if your going to just act like everything is ok and continue to throw hundreds of $ away on something that is CLEARLY taking advantage of consumerist habits-that is something i will not standle idley by on and keep silent

5 Likes

(Kain Zilla) #367

Respectfully speaking, friend, it is out of your control what somebody else chooses to spend their money on and you have no right to tell them otherwise.

4 Likes

(The Title Master) #368

But this does

2 Likes

(face) #369

good thing this is a forum where influence is created and words are put on a screen-words that your forced to read-so rights aside-nothing of what anyone says or does matters

1 Like