An Update to Battleborn is Rolling Out Thursday, October 19th, 2017

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #410

That seems weird. Some of the gear has stats about CC duration?

I do believe I’ll be playing PvE exclusively.

About currency: there seems to be a few different kinds? Am I missing any here?

• Blue (cyan?) coins in the UI (are these from the large blue coins that sometimes drop from bosses or lurk in chests?)
  • Gray coins in the UI (are these from the, eh, credit balls in some of the game chests?)
  • Yellow coins in the UI (are these from enemy deaths that decay quickly?)
  • Shards in the game (for building things only?)
(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #411

Normal Credits, for unlocking characters (if you haven’t got any - only applies to non-season pass holders or free players).

For building and unlocking gear mid-match.

This is the premium currency, platinum. Used for Magnus packs, skins and Ops if you need them.

These ones I don’t remember seeing.

1 Like
(Zen Disk) #412

This won’t be an issue since you’re going to play PVE. You don’t need a team for PVE, any number of players will do.

1 Like
(Zen Disk) #413

Also buying loadouts, bank space and loot crates.

2 Likes
(Guajiro Pandoreño) #414

Thanks for the help!
The normal credits: are these only good for unlocking characters, or can they be used for other things? In this shot, it looks like the characters cost both currency types. Is it both?

What do the yellow numbers mean here (the yellow 60 next to Battleborn, and the lower numbers next to each character)?

What’s a Magnus Pack?

edit - also, some of the gear says, “while shields are depleted”. Does that mean when you don’t have a shield equipped, or you have one equipped but it’s worn completely down? Specifically: does Melka (when she hasn’t picked up a shield) get that bonus constantly?

(UnrealXistenz) #415

Better start a new thread “I’m new, million questions!” than keep being off topic here

PS: This is a friendly advice, not a grumpy comment. Welcome to Battleborn! I would have been more than happy to show you around if you were on XBox… :slight_smile:

3 Likes
(Magnus Whisperer || ISIC's s.o.) #416

Comment above you.
DLC characters can be bought with either currency - blue Credits or the yellow Platinum. Both can be earned for free by playing the game, but Platinum can also be bought through microtransactions.

Skins, taunts or helixes you have unlocked for the particular character.

A Platinum-only lootpack that will always drop gear items with a “Flair”. Flairs were recently added to the game and while wearing a gear piece with a flair your character can be seen to wear a hat or horns etc. It’s just cosmetic. Magnus packs also drop premium (marketplace) taunts and skins, as well as three type of skins (120 skins in total, 3 different for each character) that can only be obtained from a Magnus Pack.

A “shield” in this case means the light blue bar above your character’s HP bar on the HUD. Eldrids like Mellka do not have a shield and will not benefit from items that have a secondary effect activated after the shield depletes.

By average, a Battleborn has a 300 point shield. After you take 300 points of damage, your shield is gone and the secondary effect of your item will activate. Shield will start recharging after a while without taking damage.

Not to be confused with an actual shield that some of the tank characters have that you activate by pressing MB2.

2 Likes
(Natsume Ryu) #417

Ill take a poke at it. :stuck_out_tongue: id like to try it again today, since Lucfal restarted his system (neither window mode was stutter free for him) and had better performance, to see if a restart helps me.

and to @Adabiviak ill be on pc this evening and am always happy to toddle around with newbies. :slight_smile: id dont mind answering a million questions and spending hours in the menu. ive done it before with others :slight_smile:

2 Likes
(Guajiro Pandoreño) #418

These don’t let you carry more than three items into combat, do they? What are the extra loadouts for? I’m guessing it’s like TF2 where they don’t actually pull from your inventory, but are just a list of what you want to bring into combat, and extras just mean that you don’t have to shuffle your gear around when you want to change it?

Aww. If she’s packing one of those temporary shields and it runs out, would I get the effect while it was still active but waiting to recharge?

Ok… I may wait a while to do that. There’s a fair amount of content here for a solo player without those characters.

Ah… I have some orange thing with less stats than some other items, but it does say it comes with a hat. :cowboy_hat_face:

:raised_hand:
I may take you up on that, but I’m about to start the weekend at my girlfriend’s house, and won’t have access to Battleborn for a while. I may have a bunch of questions nonetheless. Add me on Steam (or let me know what your handle is).

(Cheersploding as I type!) #419

I think it’s time the advice got moved to a new thread, please

(The Villain) #420

I have the video…

I’m ashamed.

4 Likes
(the one person that likes capture ) #422

“Boldur Bot will engage in combat”

at least the new micro transactions are working fine.

3 Likes
(Penguin connoisseur.) #423

So, @AncientBelgareth and i just ran an anti-gravity Toby Vs. Thorn 1v1, to see who’s character got nerfed the worst…

It turns out that touching the height ceiling in Gravity Rumble will now kill you instantly…

We were not happy…

6 Likes
(The MONTANA!!) #424

Thanks for all those awesome fixes gearbox. So glad you decided to make it so people die when they hit a certain height. Glad that you made it so people couldn’t abuse reaching that height, cause it was a serious problem that really needed fixing. That and the micro-transactions. We totally needed more of those. Very good update you gave us loyal fans that decided to have faith in you, and stick it out until the end.

We are all so happy with this plethora of amazing balance changes. The ones that are supposed to help go away from the current stun meta.

Also so happy that someone took the time to extensively tell us exactly what the update changed on all the characters in the patch notes.

I loved the part that informed us how Thorn does 22% less damage with her main attack. Because that is defiantly what everyone that actually plays the game wanted done. But her ult is still in a perfectly good spot, as we all know it’s so hard to use. You are so good at balancing things.

Can’t wait to hear what else was amazingly balanced with all the other characters. From the people that actually play the game. Cause going through character damage and comparing them to pre update is what we all wanted to do with our time. It’s so much more exciting to find out how a character was gutted, (oops I meant to say balanced,) by hearing it from other people that loved this game. Cause reading all the changes in the patch notes is so last gen. It’s so much better to let the playerbase figure out all that stuff.

It’s good to know you at gearbox care so much about your fans. The ones that stuck it out until the end. The ones that trusted something worthwhile would be done.

We are all so happy.

19 Likes
(Zen Disk) #425

Cute. Now I’m disappointed too. Boldur bot fix was the only thing I needed from this patch.

3 Likes
(RelatingThrone) #426

Exactly what everyone is feeling rn (besides the few people who like the stun meta ew)

Thanks for being brave enough to say that °-°

I 100% agree, I’d stand by your word even if I were to be banned from Battleborn

4 Likes
(Cheersploding as I type!) #427

Read the forum rules, folks. You have a voice here. If you want the devs to take your posts seriously, avoid sarcasm. Please.

(the one person that likes capture ) #428

i don’t know if you’re being sarcastic :rofl:, but It doesn’t bother me much. It’s just the fact that they talked about balancing all heros and from what it seems not much has changed so far besides thorn currently(kind of hit her in the wrong spot too imo), CC changes were talked about in march nothing, said boldur bot was fixed incorrect.
Orendi ultimate unfixed, unsure about beatrix wasn’t stated so i will assume no. What bugs me is on top of it they manage to cram in taunts finishers and 60 skins inside an rng pack that hardly anyone will get because their drop rates are crap and are quite costly.
Unless you are into skins so far the only good i can see from this update really is shane fetch fix and possibly the thrall changes seem interesting.

(wisecarver) #429

…um, BL2 and Battleborn are both predominately sarcastic.
How can we as fans of both games be so serious? :blush:

1 Like
(Cheersploding as I type!) #430

Because this is the forum. Not the game. There are swear filters here, too, even though the language in BL is delightfully filthy.

If you genuinely want the devs to listen to your feedback, my advice is to give it in a way that they are going to want to hear.