Angry about Marquis players exploiting on Overgrowth? Here's something to cheer you up!(video)

It’s nothing major,just some unexpected justice.

Enjoy:

The video is around 3 minutes long(only editor I had was Movie Maker and it’s buggy as hell,wouldn’t let me cut the video no more after the first cut.) In case you’re wondering,no,it’s not public,it’s set as unlisted.

If you’re impatient and want to know exactly what it’s about go to 2:10. Sorry for the music,I forgot to take the music player audio stream off the capture software I have(Explicit text).

Some people think it isn’t an exploit, but it IS- even with ranged characters on your team as long as they’re not Marquis themselves there is no counter to that whatsoever.If you engage him he just fires back at you and takes every shot he gets at the sentry when you need to back up to recharge shields/heal. If you Manage to consistently shoot him off or dive him with a melee he’ll just move to the healing station behind his sentry and continue.If he dies he’ll be there 10 seconds later and just stick to the healing station. This is not a legitimate “tactic”. It’s counter-fun and it’s pure exploiting of something that was overlooked, maybe because GBX with their pure hearts never imagined scumbags like that in the game.

Exploiting is sort of like stealing- it robs the enemy team of the fun, robs your team from a legitimate game and is done simply because it can be done. Most exploiters are most likely thieves who steal everything that isn’t watched over and nailed down.I wouldn’t be surprised.

Shame,shame on you(no,this isn’t naming and shaming,players can change names on steam as much as they like and they can block all communication form anyone they don’t want to receive messages from.) This is just an example of something that should be done in every game where someone exploits.

3 Likes

Wait, so you surrendered because the Marquis on your team was exploiting the map?

yup. I believe in fair play but I didn’t have much hope when I called it.

Thankfully the others on my team respect fair play as well. It’s rare that I have a big smile on my face seeing a defeat screen. Made me feel good so I posted it so maybe others do too.

■■■■ exploiters, don’t stand by and support them with your silence people!Stand up to them and show them you want to play a legit game dammit. Exploiting is no better than hacking.Like I said in the previous post:just because you’re able to do something doesn’t mean you should.

oh,also,way to spoil the surprise :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

now the only novelty of the video is a 100-88 defeat screen.

2 Likes

GG, man… G f***ing G… :acmaffirmative:

2 Likes

how about sweet revenge on an aimbotter

5 Likes

Nicely done.

2 Likes

To quote Brick,

THAT. WAS. AWESOME!!

3 Likes

As a Marquis player, it annoys me to see people giving the char a bad name with this cheese. There are tactics to stop this or limit it, but it takes a coordinated team effort and I think your response is equally justified in letting those cheesers have the “win”.

1 Like

there should never be a need to have a tactic to stop cheaters and exploiters

1 Like

Unfortunately, with the realities of Xbox and PS4 patch approval times there sometimes has to be.

1 Like

i hate how these boards never show well when i or others are replying to others. i was replying to the person above me

1 Like

@bluehasia @_Mojo
You guys give me faith.

2 Likes

You just need to hit ‘reply’ on the post of the person you are talking to, and not reply on the thread as a whole… Then a little ‘reply to’ like icon shows in the top right of your box… (Hopefully mine shows that I’m replying to you right now, haha :wink:)

1 Like

Lol well done! I tried something similar two nights ago, we had a “MarCheese” (Patent pending) who I tried to body block but I was using Thorn so he easily got around her small frame. So I tried to surrender but only the guy I was partied with voted yes, the others were apparently okay with winning via cheat/exploit. We just ran around hassling Marquis until finally their tanks pushed through and killed him, then we sat back and watched as the enemy team destroyed our sentry. It was at this point that the rest of the team voted to surrender LOL.

3 Likes

this I’m all for. It’s about damn time more of us got on the case of f these types and made it clearly known exploiting or the like don’t sit well with us. Major kudos to you guys @bluehasia and @_Mojo for doing what you did.

Fun fact we just axed several members of my clan today after I got vid and word they were marques cheesing for wins. I’m not having it so I booted em. You may think, well no biggie. Accept I axed em from the clan tourney so they lost all shot at our prize pool. Which was over 200. So I’d say justice was served. And the winning team got there by playing fair. All five of em got bigger psn prize cards as well.

Let’s all be vigilant and do what we can. Least till GBX can get the patch done.

3 Likes

I do

strange that time it did it XD

2 Likes