Angry Joe BL3 review

8/10, loves everything except the main story.

2 Likes

The rating he gave is a spoiler, but nevertheless thank you for sharing the video;)

2 Likes

Sorry, fixed

1 Like

I don’t know how anyone can watch this guy for more than 10 seconds.

4 Likes

Yeah the calypso twins kinda lame and some of the jokes

2 Likes

I 100% agree with his review …though im not as hard on the twins but got dang i hope ava is not gona be a main borderlands character…thought I am one of the ones who has had big stuttering performance issues but even still love the game so much

2 Likes

…joe mama HAHHAHAHA

“amazeballs” was actually said in a videogame. can you believe that? i cant

The Angry Joe Review was as accurate as can be. Gearbox really needs to investigate why their story well… sucked.

6 Likes

For a fan of the franchise the game is a 10/10 - or it would be, if the story and jokes were better and the technical issues were fixed. So yeah, I agree with Joe almost completely.

2 Likes

I actually enjoyed the twins, though I do wish they had hit different notes of their characters during the game’s story, and kept the theme/feel that they had during the first quarter of the game going throughout, rather than only using it as background explanation/cover.

As for Ava, I get that people/gamers don’t like kids, especially in their games, and most especially not semi-normal acting teens (So excluding Tina), but I personally thought Ava was done well. I don’t think she was given command over Sanc III, since that’s kind of a stupid thing for anyone to do, giving a teen command over a spaceship and all, but I do believe she could grow into a good, interesting character in her own right, with pretty good mastery over her powers. Especially since she seems to have a different spin on Phaselock, being able to create shields of energy around herself/others, potentially in addition to Maya’s somewhat limited experimentation with her abilities, considering how she never seemed to bother using her powers for more than holding/throwing people around.

I didn’t mind any of the ‘cringy’ jokes or whatever, since I felt they either made sense, or I knew that would’ve been a joke I’d make if I was present enough, though yeah, some of the things said were pretty bad, but those are kind of rare, like, one or two lines of dialogue for ever hundred or so, or whatever. I also though that for antagonists, they did the Twins pretty well, since by the time I got to Eden-6, I literally had to take a few hours break because I wanted to kill them so badly, and with their constant taunts/flagrant disrespect for life, especially after them killing Maya.

1 Like

While I agree that the humour is disappointing and just being annoying isn’t funny, I’m not sure how that makes it different to Angry Joe videos

2 Likes

One is parody on the internet and one is commercially sold entertainment.

Yeah ok, I’m not saying BL3 humour is good (and it tries to be parody too). I’m just saying that I wonder about the complaint that it tries to be funny by being annoying when the author of the video does just the same.

1 Like

Angry Joe is using parody differently in his review. It isnt for laughs so much as to satirise the issues with the game’s writing.

Whereas Borderlands 3 goes for crass humor with very little parody and almost no satire… Its really just a farce looking to sell itself on Siren “lore” and turd farming jokes.

Again- one is free and one cost $60. That’s the biggest difference to me.

1 Like

yeah borderlands 3 sucks…
no humour
and glad i didnt buy it

Hmm humor is the key to a good looter shooter rpg… No wonder Anthem didn’t do well

1 Like

its made clear …borderlands 3 story sucks balls.
also false advertising was used to sell it.
where is brick???

Welp, this guy knows. We should all just stop playing now. The starwarts guy has spoken.

1 Like

Which is a shame because Borderlands 2 was full of parody and satire humor, which I loved. Not to mention the dark humor.

That’s why I refute the claim that Borderlands humor didn’t age well, it’s not the same level or type of humor at all in Borderlands 3.

2 Likes

There are a few moments in BL3, but overall its not the same.

1 Like