Anointment Question, bonus elemental Damage

I have a sniper rifle that has cryo damage on it. It also has the anointment of “on action skill end, the next two magazines will have 100% additional bonus Incendiary damage.”

Does this mean that it will add in incendiary damage, or simply multiply the incendiary damage the gun already has (which is zero)?

If it does just add incendiary damage, what number is it pulling from? 100% bonus what? Just for skills or something? The wording is very confusing for me and I can’t seem to find this question asked anywhere.

A simple 100% bonus added based on the card value - for “DoT” may be a bit different

1 Like

Best explained over here
[Guide] Bonus Elements Breakdown

2 Likes

I really appreciate this man. I’m still a bit confused on all the different applications and such, but I imagine in time I can learn it a bit better. I believe this section has answered my question.

" These are bonus elements that apply only to damage coming from gun sources. Their notable characteristics are:

• Cannot receive boosts from Splash damage.
  • Receives boosts from Weapon Type damage.

Character specific anoints such as While Gamma Burst Active, While SNTNL active and While Auto Bear active all fall into this category and follow the same rules. When referencing Next 2 mag anoints in this guide unless specifically stated otherwise you can assume the same applies to these anoints."

So it only applies to gun damage, and since the sniper has no incindiery damage, it’s effectively worthless. That’s what I thought when I read it and tested it, but I wanted to be sure. Thank you again, I’ve bookmarked that guide for future use.

1 Like

Update I was incorrect here. It actually adds bonus damage of whatever element it says based on your guns dmg. For example if your gun does 100 dmg and 200% bonus Cryo damage anoint for 2 mags, that would mean you get your base 100dmg and 200 cryo dmg for those magazines. My mistake for reading things incorrectly, sorry if I mislead anyone who read this.