Any advice for getting Rakk Attack's cooldown to operate properly?

Obviously Rakk Attack’s cooldown is horribly bugged, no surprise at all with this game being what it is. Sometimes a charge refreshes after 5 seconds, sometimes it refreshes after 30 seconds. Sometimes using a charge when there’s 2 seconds left for one to come back makes it take 17 seconds until I actually get another charge. Sometimes taking damage when I have 12 seconds left makes it so I get a charge back after 2 seconds. The only thing consistent about when I get charges is that it’s wildly inconsistent, and sometimes exiting the game and relaunching it helps, sometimes it does not.

This is true with and without Rakkcelerate being present, or points in head count, or Eager to Impress. No matter what I do, I cannot get a consistent recharge rate for Rakk Attack while in combat. Any advice on how, if at all, I can get this to work properly, or is it just busted beyond hope like so many other things in this game?

It’s a shame too, when it works it’s pretty cool and pretty fun, sad they haven’t gotten a core mechanic of a baseline ability for a character to function properly a year and a half after release.

3 Likes

This is the unfortunate fate of Rakkspam.

One thing I have noticed is that I didn’t like over 3/3 Head Count as it seems to really overlap the cooldown, or at least on XB1S thus seems to be true.

1 Like

Might be the guardian rank that increases AS cool rate with your shield full, it has a noticeable impact

3 Likes

Yep that was definitely it. With it disabled it consistently takes 15 seconds to get a charge back, for each charge, with it thus taking 30 seconds to go from 0 charges to 2 or 45 seconds to go from 0 charges to 3. Unfortunately that’s way too slow for my liking so I turned that back on and am just leaning into the bugged nature of things stacking up cooldown reductions and hoping and praying I get back stacks rather than them bugging out. Regardless thank you very much for the insight.

1 Like