Any chance of a festive hotfix?

I never really got into this game until recently (though I’ve had it two years) and would like a chance at the Avalanch roid shield :smiley:
I am well aware this game is not expecting any additional content but I would love to participate in the traditional christmas festivities like Odjurymir. Looking forward to holiday baddassness!

5 Likes

I really want them to put some festive cheer into the Borderlands games this year. I see no reason for them not to, but its unlikely

1 Like

I have no idea, but the Avalanche dropped for me from a random Eridian in the Holodome. Don’t know if that’s an intended drop, but yeah, I’d also like to see some Christmas-y stuff for the old games, as unlikely as it is.

1 Like

The first year the game came out they did a halloween and Christmas event. The enemies dressed up and had pumpkins on thier heads. And there was candy dropping. Dead lift turned into undead lift. It was so awesome. The Christmas event enemies dressed up with santa hats. But they only did it the first year. The second year it was just shift codes. And also they did change the secret boss, iwa again to the harder version. Wish they would do it again like the first year.

2 Likes

There spending alot of time on Battleborn. Thats the reason. Perhaps they have forgotten that others play this game to and not BB. I to miss the festive hotfixes.

1 Like

Kind of a pity they didn’t think to make Odjy a random spawn at least when jumping in the pit.

1 Like

That would screw up farming runs. A lot. Imagine you really want a cryo hail with a vlodof grip, jakobs stock and torgue sight. You drop into the arena and BAM. No iwa, and instead you get his replacement boss, with different drops and resistances

1 Like

How inconvenienced you would be for a week! Instead, you get a chance at something that’s only a world drop for the other 358 days of the year. The nerve.
Also, if you farm for specific sights along with specific parts you are a brave soul and I wish you luck.

1 Like

Some holiday love in TPS would be nice. But I’ve accepted that this game is done and I don’t expect anything more from Gearbox besides Shift codes at this point.

1 Like

All they needed was two moonstone pedestals at the top. Put in 5 to 10 moonstones at one pedestal and get Iwa. 10 to 20 at the other and get the holiday version. Boom. Done. And that system would have allowed us to do faster runs of that room. It’s pretty annoying at the moment to have to save/quit reload in order to fight him again.

2 Likes

Hadn’t played in a long time, figured I’d see if he was there but nope. :cry:

1 Like

They should really try to think of the game from the “farmer” perspective this time. They should get in contact with one of the guys on this forum who like to hunt down every legendary and ask them what they would like to see in Borderlands 3. Don’t tailor it too much to people who likely won’t even finish the game. What gives these games longevity is a long end game and tons of reasons to keep playing even at max level. And tons of reasons to replay as other classes. Those players stream and tell friends and get them on board too. Hence more purchases of the game + likely DLC purchases.

6 Likes

Good point^

2 Likes

Yeah i had my eyes on there twitter page and well nothing. They did it before for BL2 but not this time around it seems.

1 Like