Any chance that we might see pilot view in the future?

Don’t worry, I got it to work now with his correction, thanks BitVenom.

But for camera adjustments, this is a toggle for how the camera behaves on a focused object right? So if I got this right the only things we can change are the fixed angle and the zoom to the object, right?. If we pan the camera I’ll lose the focus thus disabling the follow, is that correct?

Yeah, just to clarify if it wasn’t clear, my message was about the keybindings.lua file, sorry

Precisely - because once you ‘move off’ the object, it isn’t focused any longer. It was a quick hack ages ago…

The full camActions_ toolkit can allow you to move the camera and still ‘chase’ the focus object, etc - but again, I’ll get to explaining that - just not this week for sure.

Cheers!

1 Like

Alright, I’m sure I’ll pester modders eventually to bind simple camera adjustments to the numpad or something, but for now this will do nicely.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

You won’t have to pester anybody :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It’s nice to see that others want something like this too, I’ll be looking forward to it.

It’s just that I like to do UI stuff, simply because it’s not something many people do, and there was no documentation about it in the first place, so the challenge/discovery was especially high in the beginning ^^

1 Like

After playing with it for a bit I noticed that the camera is still influenced by the environment, which is fine for regular but it isn’t really what I’m looking for. Like for example when it gets too close to an object it will still try to move a way even when locked to a target, thus ruining the angle and defeating the purpose.

I wonder if there is something in the toolkit to override that.

-superZoom
-screenshotcam

2 Likes

shorcut commands I suppose ?

Yes, shortcut commands

-superZoom   lets you zoom until the camera is at the origin of a focused object
-screenshotcam   makes it so the camera can pass through any non-focused object

Using both or either can have odd effects on NIS sequences. Playing the tutorial with these commands is a pain in the rear.

1 Like

Can’t wait to start using these functions :wink:

camAction_LoadActions()
camAction_PlayAction()
camAction_SetActionRate()
camAction_EnableMirroring()
camAction_StopAction()

1 Like

The CamAction are very cool, see my utube for their result in making videos (defense field frigate video uses CamActions:

However, if you can add them to UI can these functions be called in a mission map to create in game Scenes? e.g. is there some way in a mission LUA file to call the CamAction to do its thing from an AddCamera point of a specific SOBGroup? This would make making scenes for missions very nice!

-B8factor

2 Likes

That’s a good question !
I don’t know if those CamAction functions can be called in mission file. Not all the functions are useable in the mission files if I remember correctly, and I’m clearly not an expert on the mission side of things, so it will difficult for me to answer that :confused:
Perhaps @Mikali could help on that part ?

I don’t see those functions in the wiki, so I have no idea.

Just to be clear in case you misunderstood, we were not talking about the question in the title of the thread at all :wink:

Doh. :frowning2:

No problem, don’t worry ^^

Hey rayner it’s DivinerSage I don’t know how to pm on this site but I’m saying what’s up man.

1 Like

Just open up his profile and click “message” :wink: