Any major shakeups from DLC2?

Does it buff pet damage? That’s the 1 million dollar question

Nothing in the dlc buffs pet damage thats something the people making the game have to fix the com for Fl4k that seems to be geared towards pets is ■■■■. I suspect they may not really get into fixing/buffing characters until mayhem 2.0 gets released. Only thing this dlc has is a bunch of new gear an ok story and cool new locations. If your looking character for character defining stuff for Fl4k you best keep moving.

Clairvoyance seems like it would work well pet FL4K at least. I see appeal of the Unseen threat, although I’d probably just stick with a Carrier to spam projectiles tbh.

What about relics or shields? Anything there?

There is this Pearl of Knowledge artifact, and I cannot quite tell yet what it does, but it appears to stack damage or something? Seems pretty decent so far.

2 Likes

Ooh, does it just stack gun damage or all damage? That could be really neat.

Both, it has 2 damage mechanisms. One for the stacking to the cap of 15 and a second one at cap.

This should jump you to the brief write up I did on it.

1 Like

Doesn’t sound like it would work on pets though…

I haven’t been able to get one yet, but the new DLC added the Skullmasher as well. That should be pretty darned good.

From what I’ve heard it can only be found in portal chests and grey tentacle chests.

The only interesting shield is the Old God, it’s a shield that gives you elemental bonus damage depending on the shield elemental resistance. If the shield has resistance to radiation, it gives you 20% more rad damage.

And there’s a lot of good Jakobs weapons for Fl4k. The Love Drill pistol (adds 1 ammo to the mag on crit, has 300% crit bonus and has a 20% chance to do double damage as shock), Clairvoyance as mentioned before, and all the new snipers are great.

And yes, the Anarchy shotgun is really powerful and dumb, the fact that you can 1 shot stuff shooting a wall is nuts.

1 Like

The Absorbing Torch is pretty great too. It has a really good stat layout Capacity/charge/delay and pretty cool effects.

1 Like

skullmasher destroys :DD

Anarchy for sure, Seryll Killer AR.
The Oldridian SMG is surprisingly good as well. Each time you reload, it changes elements. Pretty handy in that it covers all elements. It is Hyperion and when the shield is activated, it redues elemental effects on you.

Well I figured the new com would work well with Fl4ks Terror Anointment. Low & Behold I sold every piece of equipment with that anointment…

I have been looking for the Skullmasher too. No drops. It is apparently bugged to only appear in the portal chests. Which i wouldn’t mind but my chests wont reset on save quit.

I still have 2 pieces left. I was thinking the same thing, but it’s still an annoying gimmick, especially in light of everything we’ve learned about Gamma Burst and terror.

It could be worth it for pet damage, but the amount of damage you’d sacrifice for it is way too much for the damage it adds considering it doesn’t scale with a lot of things that make the pet hit hard anyway.

I’m currently testing different artifacts. I saw someone that the missiles from Launch Pad could as Melee Damage. If that’s true you could use 1 piece of gear to proc terror on melee with launch pad missiles and the new guardian rank perk to slam from any height. Then issue the attack command to give your pet a big damage buff.

The new class mod looks like it basically lets you dominate 2 enemies. 1 on your Meele & another on pet kill. I’m trying to figure out the best pet to use this with, I may end up using Rakk attack anoints for the 100% damage from all sources as well.

That would be cool if it works. One of my big problems with using the terror anoint is that I need to use a Facepuncher to get terror consistently, which means I need to use a weapon slot just for terror generation and still lose another slot of ASE elemental damage. If we can use the relic to proc terror then it would be a tremendous QoL change.

The way I’m envisioning a terror pet build would be a chance to terror on melee, Attack command anoint on shield or grenade, and the 90% crit damage anoint or the 50% cryo damage on the other if possible. That way, your pet has 2 elements from Gamma Burst and Terror, and FL4K has extra radiation damage with either extra crit while terrified, or cryo which shores up radiation’s weakness to armor.

My preliminary napkin math is showing that with about 300% of pet damage and no class mod, the pet should be able to hit about 22k per melee hit with both terror and GB (assuming scorcher). I have no idea what the health pools for level 57 enemies is like yet, so it remains to be seen how good that will actually be. Still, it’s exciting nonetheless.

Yeah messing around the artifact it doesn’t seem to dominate. However, going from Green+Blue to Red+Green you don’t need dominate because the com gives you pet the chance to dominant on last hit. So you effectively get use of the Cap stone without having to spec into that tree.

I think it’s suppose to function more like a Bonus source of damage than a main source. Also with 100% damage after Rakk anoint it allows you to still put out respectable damage, especially if you have ASE on shield & grenade.

I’m still trying to figure out the best Pet to use this with though. The skills on this are nice because you’re looking at a lot of free pet damage. It seems like Scorcher works well because dying from a dot caused by scorcher can dominate, the same applies to Gamma Burst.

1 Like

How are you supposed to tell the current element? Surprised a gun part or some extra bit doesn’t change color. With Amara I have so many elemental numbers onscreen at any time that I can’t reliably use them to check the element of the gun.

Seeryl and Anarchy let us know about their special effect visually, why not Oldridian (unless I missed something)?