Any more planned Bl2 QoL improvements for console?

Absolutely loving the HD textures pack on Bl2 for console…

Out of interest, does anyone know, if BL2 has been rebalanced on console in last two years?

Any chance of further QoL improvements?

E.g.

Fast travel from GU.
Skipable cutscenes.
Mission items for specific builds added to bosses - like in the PC community patch - as save quit rolling is just a total bore.
TVHM AND UVHM vehicle guns and health buff.
Ability to reset missions on UVHM without resetting playthrough (maybe in BL4 lol :laughing: hopefully with gun rolls and parts like BL1 with no anointments …)

Just throwing these out there…

2 Likes

The last major update to the main game was 2015. Other than various fixes for the PSVR version and the 4K/HDR, that’s been it. I seriously doubt we’d get any other improvements at this point - GBX have moved on from UE3 to UE4 in developing BL3. I mean they might conceivably do something for an anniversary but, to quote Sanctuary’s sheriff, “That would be a long shot”.

2 Likes

Well, to be fair, level 80+ OP10 + Fight For Sanctuary were the last major updates. I can see a 10 year Anniversary Next Gen release of the Handsome Collection with the Ultra HD textures as the default being a thing.

To be unfair, while those were great, there weren’t any changes in base game to go along with them, i.e., no fixes for longstanding bugs or QoL issues.
Again, as I said at the time, I’m amazed that Gearbox gave us that update, and for free (for many of us) , and appreciate it greatly. Just didn’t fix any bugs.

1 Like

That is true & damning for console players. Being on Steam, we had the UCP for nearly two years at that point, which was initially sanctioned, and addressed most issues.

I’m not sure what potential legal ramification there would have been if GBX had simply adopted some of the fixes and rebalancing in a patch to all versions of the game.

Sadly, even with easier Fast Travel the menu UI in 3 is still clunkier than 2. Menu hot keys don’t work to toggle menus once in a menu like in BL2. You can’t enter map transitions while in a vehicle like in the previous 3 games. So two steps forward, one step back.

2 Likes

i would just like gbox to fix voracidous and hyperious since they broke them in the last patch.

2 Likes

How did they get broken?

2 Likes

They inadvertently doubled their health.

2 Likes

:laughing:
I thought it was bad that handsome collection owners had to pay for the Lilith dlc to un-screw their OP levels!

1 Like

Uh……the update caused more problems than it fixed. I won’t enumerate them but just look at the tech support sections for the last 24 months. Some of them are irrelevant (Maliwan glow) but there were all kinds of frame rate, launching, loading and co-op issues — most of which haven’t been addressed.

Still, those extra points were pretty great even if they came with having all our gear broken.

2 Likes