Any patch on the horizon?

The June 24 patch created a framerate problem for the latest consoles.

When should we expect a patch to correct this issue?

Also, when was the latest hotfix?

3 Likes

Last hotfix appears to have been the one that dropped alongside the update:

1 Like

I would suspect that there will be two more patches, as I think the cards will need a patch (Unless they can deploy via Hotfix).

But with the spin off game on the way I cant see there being much more beyond that. unless Gearbox surprises us with another DLC or something. This game feels finished in terms of new content.

4 Likes

Based on the record to date, I doubt very much if gbx plans to ‘fix’ anything. Or, if they try, I doubt they’ll succeed. They don’t seem very adept at ‘improving’ their released software.

3 Likes

That’s exaggeration. BL3 improved in many ways from release. I think what happened with the June 24 is some sort of accidental old code merge, or something unforeseen that only affected the way newer consoles do things. Makes me wonder if they’re testing it enough on the seriex X and ps5 though. Their track record is a best with Borderlands 2, sure. But you can’t throw out the good with the bad.

3 Likes

I don’t agree.

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering that too - maybe with the switch to WFH whatever code check-in/out system they use got b0rked and someone pushed the new fixes to an older version of the cumulative update? It would explain the sudden reversion of the ultrawide UI fix on PC amongst everything else.

1 Like

They should not abandon the game bug fixing wise since I think there are several immersion breaking bugs appeared with all the new patches/content updates. Just a few:
-Low gravity jump while sprinting makes the weapon holster animation play twice
-Moze run n gun skill animation bugged. It will show the regular animation for a few seconds before stopping the sprinting
-Galaxy challenge menu overlap bug
-Echo replay broken with gehenna audio logs
-Fl4k loader skin not applying
-Zane Moze skill previews bugged
-HUD UI scale not working at all
-No mission counter for Gehenna and Krieg DLC
-Moze sliding has an extensive camera shake and if you are playing with controller you will notice that for moze the controller vibrates much more intense then for the other characters)
-Item of the day preview no longer works at vending machines (when you are near one, no preview will pop up)

(With the exception of the DLC ones, none of these bugs were in the base game)

So yeah…I have submitted these to support BTW. (and even more, that I won’t mention here)

2 Likes

so i assume we will no longer get patches for the game until vault cards hit
it has been over a month since the last one, and since we get like 5 guns buffed by 5% and 1 buffed by 500% i can assume the 1 person doing the balancing is now gone.

rip last balance person, you will be missed

1 Like

If I were a game developer and kept reading “developer doesn’t fix anything” posts I’d be reluctant to put more resources into fixing the game. Hopefully Gearbox recognizes that kind of post doesn’t speak for the majority of players, we DO recognize the many hours and dollars they’ve spent fixing what is broken, and trying to make the game more appealing to more players in numerous ways.

Sure, seeing bugs that have been around a relatively long time can be annoying at times. Some people seem to have more serious problems, and if more than a tiny number of players are having trouble then I think those should have been fixed by now (But the fact is, not all problems with a game running are about the game; some are about faulty hardware or other software on the machine in question. If something like 1/2 of 1% of players are having serious trouble, then all Gearbox - or 2K - can do is look for a solution, but it simply may be beyond their control because the problem isn’t in their code.) I’m not giving Gearbox a pass on the issues that still exist in the game -

But neither am I going to fail to recognize what they have done already.

6 Likes

There communication to us about things has always “sucked”. And i know it will never change till they change themselves. Which i highly doubt they will unless there cash is drying up or something.
There going to do the same crap on the Tina game to you just watch and see.
If i was a company i would do a better job communicating to my customers/fans. If you don’t do that then how are you going to survive your next project if they are unwilling to buy it due to lack of communication. You won’t make it at all and your business will suffer for it. Word of mouth on how GB is acting will spread and people will get fed up waiting and move on and not buy there next game because of it. Sorry for the rant but its true. Eather you keep your customers wanting more and there satified or you show them you don’t care anymore by your actions.

6 Likes

Unless the new cards implemented some of the gear thats been sitting around unobtainable the new vault cards will have to be done by a patch as they can’t add new things via hotfixes, only edit existing stuff, hope that makes sense

3 Likes

I think this game has been seriously mismanaged. In my opinion, those making decisions about it don’t seem to be players of it.

1 Like

Sure. BL3 has had some issues but I easily got the value I wanted from it and more (I got the base game + season pass 1 as preorder and then the season pass 2, so my total is around $120 or something, forgot exact number).

Unlike Outriders which I have heartburn from spending $60 on.

And even though gearbox dropped level cap increases in a way that bugs the crap out of me, I still love the damn game. And even though we don’t have a good way to recycle legendaries for parts or a grinder or a level up machine, I still played the crap out of this game. Yes, I wish the game had some more looter shooter quality of life stuff. See outriders, diablo 3, destiny 2, division 2 or even the presequel for examples of being able to have your loot have more value than just cash.

I’m going to preorder the Tiny Tina game, and every borderlands still. But I also don’t preorder most of the big name stuff like COD or Battlefield or even Halo. I don’t even have a COD on the Xbox one.

edit: my main point is. this is my main video game series.

6 Likes

In my opinion, you’re wrong. They DO play the game.

But, wait, is it really just my opinion that they do? Or is it the fact that everyone on the dev team that gets interviewed says they play the game? Yeah, the fact is, they DO play the game.

As far as the game being “mismanaged” - it was managed well enough to release a game that was playable and fun for most of the people that bought it, on release. And while the game had and has bug issues, really, most of the complaints come down to players that have personal preferences about how they think the game should be as opposed to how the developers made it. These are not real problems; they are entirely subjective. The saddest part of that is not how well the game was or wasn’t managed, but that so many people think their opinions are facts, that what they want is somehow “right” instead of the equivalent of having a preference for one flavor of ice cream over another.

6 Likes

It’s is not an opinion that multiple things in this game (items, skills, menus, co-op) have been broken (not functioning as advertised/intended) since launch, and most of them are still broken today. That is an objective fact. It is also a fact that, regardless of rank, someone(s) at GBX consciously decided those things weren’t worth fixing.
Fixing 50 things isn’t an accomplishment when you willingly released something with 100+ problems. You don’t get credit for fixing something that you broke, especially when you only fix choice parts, if/when you feel like it.

7 Likes

Really not quite sure why you don’t see it, but that’s fine. The post above mine provides a fine summary and they’re not even the points I think about when I consider the game being mis-managed.

1 Like

Don’t see what?

If you read both my posts, you’ll see I clearly think they don’t deserve a pass for the long-standing bugs still in the game. I said that, plain as can be said. And what I said about it being “mismanaged” was that it was “managed well enough to release a playable game people enjoy”. I didn’t say, in any way, that their management was entirely free of problems. It really can’t be denied, Gearbox, much as I love their work, has a quality-control issue.

But “seriously mismanaged” games don’t get released, or don’t work when they are released. I simply disagree with the level of complaint you are espousing.

3 Likes

“Seriously mismanaged” games don’t get released? Like… Aliens: Colonial Marines? Hey, who made that game, btw? :thinking:

2 Likes

thought so, that means that unless gearbox has a surprise up their sleeve we only have two patches (unless they deploy VC3 with VC2 but not release VC3 till a later date).