Any Unique/Niche Builds? (That Are Also Viable)

Damn this is making me realize how boring all my builds are…

Max health, skill damage, attack damage, regen…

I might have to start using legendaries to spice things up

2 Likes

Movement Speed and Cooldown Time builds on Deande. They may not have as much Burst Dash damage potential than the usual Maximum Shield Strength/Skill Damage loadout, but they’re still fun to use.

3 Likes

^^Implying a melee Marquis build isn’t a viable option^^

Though this was pre quick melee nerf, this is how I always played my Marquis - All atk speed and damage close range with the pistol. I usually went about 15-5 KD

7 Likes

I get up to about 38 hp/s with my regen Montana XD
Standing next to a heal chair Kleese or having a pocket Miko is just ungodly frustrating for the enemy

3 Likes

In theory you can get up to 100+ with gear and helix combos

1 Like

Well there’s always Spamgate Phoebe:

And than Sanic Rath:

Lately I’ve been having fun in pubs with what I call “Full Agro Reyna”. You take the homing pulse at level 2, the heatsink at level 5 and stack either cooldown gear or attack speed gear (whichever you prefer) and just melt someone with the homing shots. If you have an Ernest on your team or a Beatrix you might as well be more lethal Benedict without wings. You can melt Mellka, Caldarius, Benedict all pretty quickly. It’s more fun that I expected when I first tried it.

6 Likes

Oh, and the Mobile Assassin Mike:

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Use these gear pieces and take his movement speed helixes. Fun stuff.

3 Likes

Thas pretty good

1 Like

I’d like to see some builds with specific gear (no legos)

1 Like

All shard gen loadout can help any character and allows spamming buildables

1 Like

I think it’s time for team Swifters to make a comeback, eh @Darth_Huggles?

3 Likes

I saw a damage reduction Pendles that looked pretty fun. Health regen plus DR, max health plus DR, and DR plus regen. They also took the lifesteal at level 3.

The damage on it is pathetic, but you have no problem getting the shield off the sentry and even damaging it a bit while your team holds the frontline

2 Likes

Also, movement speed builds are always fun. Although not viable, it’s a blast zipping around the map and in and out of their base

1 Like

Movement speed builds can be viable. Base raiding assassin Boldur is a popular example. Movement speed is the core of team swifters after all =p

4 Likes

Boldur is untouchable with movement speed. xD

2 Likes

(Bitchy teenage girl voice):
Boldur is untouchable regardless… Have you seen him?! Like, grooooss!

7 Likes

-Sigh-

I know… :laughing:

3 Likes

Huh. I’ll have to try this one later.

What I usually use for Mike is as follows:

View on lowlidev.com.au

(or any white shield pen gear, preferably flawless)

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Take Hollow-Point Round (5L) and Disruption Rounds (7R). This gives a flat 67% shield pen, with 100% pretty much any time you reload (which should be often). I’m not sure if the shield pen works on Galilea and Boldur, however, so watch for that.

Wait… that’s not really unique or niche, is it?

1 Like

I rarely see any sort of shield pen build, so in my eyes it is!

I’d like to see some sort of shield pen melee type builds but can’t really come up with any myself >.>

1 Like

Probably because there aren’t many melee characters that can take advantage of the gear. Rath is the only person that immediately comes to mind and only if he specs around Crossblade.

But then you’re left in that weird void of whether or not the novelty of such a build is worth it when you can either specialize into another, possibly more effective area, or build the character in a general sense (stacking attack speed, for example) and get better results with less effort. It can be quite the conundrum. :confused:

2 Likes