Any Update for fixing issue on Xbox One X?

Not sure, I use an external HD on my Xbox one x, which is the system not able to work with BL3 as far as I know. I havent noticed players saying it’s an issue on standard xbox one.

1 Like

WOW,that’s really bad…

1 Like

Your Xbox is died,I dead from laughing :smiley:

3 Likes

Will anyone from gearbox with a spine please post an official statement about the issue?

3 Likes

There is absolutely 0% chance that anyone from GBX will respond to this “officially”. Since that would probably open them up for damages caused to people’s Xboxes however they probably have some sort of binding arbitration clause just from buying the game. Also this issue will not be fixed with a hotfix/micropatch, it will have to be a full blown patch and perhaps even a patch for the Xbox OS itself as well. I do hope they slyly release some sort of fix in the patch as this does happen randomly for me when joining MP games, with no thermal warning when it comes back up.

3 Likes

Hi Gearbox, just checking in to see if by chance there is an update on this issue?

I am sure there isn’t, but I figured I would bump this post in case a Gearbox forum staffer has just been out sick for the last 30 days and that’s why there isn’t awareness about this issue.

I know it isn’t sensible, but neither is the blatant absolute silence from the developer in acknowledging and addressing this issue while being transparent about it.

3 Likes

Tell me where to sign on the class action suit.

Gearbox is the Boeing of videogame makers.

3 Likes

Game was released September 13th.

I made this original post October 6th.

It is now October 24th - No news, No patch, no response. I have left a review on the Xbox Store, I mentioned this issue on twitter with GearBox and Borderlands 3 tagged, and I started this post on THEIR SUPPORT FORUM.

I pre-ordered the ultimate edition of this game before launch and this is how they treat their valued customers. I CANNOT PLAY YOUR ■■■■■■■ GAME. FIX IT.

3 Likes

They truly dont care at this point. In their latest post of patch notes it says “fixed an issue with players crashing during load screens”. That’s a flat out lie.

Someone link me to where I can file a lawsuit please. And I suggest others do the same.

3 Likes

Rooting for complete financial failure for Gearbox from this point forward.

Please make another Battleborn.

1 Like

Just gotta make sure these forums get archived so we can warn others during any other GBX & 2K game release. Just link people straight here so they can read the disaster people have had with this game since launch.

1 Like

They just told me call Microsoft, not 5hier problem…bull. we all deserve a refund…

5 Likes

Ironically, with UE4, Outer Worlds ALSO , among countless other games, runs better on PC than BL3 does. Imagine that. What does that tell you guys?

1 Like

I dont even care anymore I wish a mod would delete my account. I am over shady ass gaming companies.

1 Like

I must of played 15 hours straight of The Outer Worlds over the weekend… not one issue or crash.

I can only dream of playing 15 minutes of Borderlands 3 without a crash…

Most people would of moved on by now. Maybe I should.

3 Likes

I honestly dont know if its luck, but since the last patch, which didnt specify a fix on the false overheating message, I’ve been able to play without crashes. An hour or so, I havent had time to do a 3 hour stretch or anything, but not one complete shutdown of my system that I would get within 10 minutes. I’m wondering if the fix was actually one of the patch notes and they just wont identify it as such for legal reasons. I’ll continue to monitor, but yes, Outer Worlds seems to be a win.

1 Like

This is driving me crazy. £90 down the drain on a game I can’t play and not even an acknowledgement from Gearbox. If you mention it on Twitter you get blanked! I have a Project Scorpio Xb1X and I can get about 2 seconds into the Borderlands 3 starting before it shuts my Xbox down completely as it thinks it’s overheating. It’s not. It’s not even warm. It doesn’t even struggle for a second with every other game I’ve tried, even if it’s being used all day without being switched off. It monsters through anything but anything more taxing than a title screen in Borderlands 3 and I might as well be trying to run it on an Amstrad CPC 464.

3 Likes

AWESOME! I hope you are right! Let us know if it has resolved the issue for you. Also, just curious, are you playing on the a Project Scorpio or a different Xbox One X?

I’m noticing a lot of people reporting problems while playing on their “Project Scorpio” editions. I hope there’s not a correlation, but I am curious. I’m still certain it is a problem with Borderland 3 itself and not the hardware.

So, I have a standard xbox one in my living room. Game has always played fine. I have an xbox one x in my man cave, which is the system version they kept crashing. However, since the latest patch, I’ve been playing for over an hour, sometimes two or more with no issues. So, I really dont know if its resolved, but the latest patch did address various crashes. I haven’t gotten that message about system overheating, but I’m not ruling anything out. I’d like to think its resolved, at least for me, but still hear others with the issue ongoing. I’m only assuming they wont specifically state that fix in the patch notes and will likely word it such that it doesnt say anything about the false overheating issue.

@Jarhead0331, have you been playing online co-op on your 1x since the patch?

If so, have you been hosting the games or joining friends games?

If you have been playing solo, offline, or playing as the host, you have not been recreating the ideal conditions for the crash to occur.