Anybody else miss Goliaths

One of my favorite time killers was to run around and create GOD-liaths in BL2 but the ones in BL3 just seem like stupid bumbling oafs that just are not even entertaining.
Miss the cussing out, irate ones :roll_eyes::confounded:

5 Likes

YOU BETTER GODDAMN SCREAM FOR ME!
yeah good times I miss those too,Goliath in Bl 3 are not nearly as entertaining plus the GODliath in bl2 have a very high chance to drop epic weapon

3 Likes

You’re worse than the midgets…Midget lover…

Def miss them :frowning:

1 Like

One of my favorite things to do is in the Dust, go to the area right below Mobley and Gettles spawn location. Level up a GOD-liath and lead him up to Mobley and Gettle. I’ve yet to get two GOD-Liaths up the hill.

I’ve actually been re-visiting BL2 lately. There are a lot of things I miss.

4 Likes

I made this same exact thread a while back:

Not only is the loot bad, their lines not as entertaining and their pathing bad but I frequently find that there aren’t even enough mobs in an area to level them up to god-liath status which makes them pointless. I rarely had that problem in BL2 iirc. I used to level them up in BL2 all the time but I don’t even bother in BL3 as it’s a waste of time. I just knock off their helmets to create a brief distraction but that’s about it.

1 Like

“I’m gonna gouge your eyes out”

:joy:.

STFU and eat Norfleet.

2 Likes

I’d like to miss Billy the Annointed and The Warden also if we’re missing Goliaths…

And yes, creating mayhem inside the ranks of the opposition with a Goliath is still one of the funner things to do inside BL2.
And for me the absence of Nomads is also sad. Cuz I miss my midget… and Don’t loot my stuff. I guess Heavys are the nomad replacement, but they’re just not the same.
–RoA

2 Likes

Bury me with my gear,…

Too politically correct to get any humor any more out of this game. It is why South Park remains one of my favorite shows, they, just, don’t, care who gets offended, because it is just a cartoon. Don’t like it? Don’t watch it. Their games? I can laugh all the way through them. Albeit, the Stick of Truth was best. Same thing, don’t like it? Don’t play it.

4 Likes

Definitely! My favorite enemy type from BL2. Gearbox ruined Goliaths and Loot Midgets. Should’ve just left them alone…the new versions of both, suck.

2 Likes

The only thing I miss is their proficiency at leveling up. They’ve still got some good lines, and their red hulk-out looks better I’d say. But they used to be better at smashing bandits and powering up.

Oh… and loot/slot goliaths… whatever happened to those?

1 Like

South Park as well as Family Guy have a great stance when it comes to humor. Either you can make fun of everything or nothing. The moment you deem one thing off limits that’s when you actually start making statements on what’s “good” or “bad”. When everything is open to humor then there is no hidden statement.

That being said, I miss the Thousand Cuts mission where you have to kill off the Hyperion robots with the turrets, while trying not to run out of them due to enraged Goliaths bouncing all over the place. I liked trying to see how many I could enrage before they ran out of baddies and came after me. :joy::joy::joy:

Not sure what they made the health flip happen the moment the helmet comes off. It make then super easy to weaken and kill them before they even get a chance to kill enemies. Honestly they need more HP, and revert the HP flip to happen when the Goliath is able to attack again. The “can we kill it before it rages” was a great game to play in BL2. Just shoot his head immediately and see I’d you could then kill him before he healed. Goliaths made the Slaughterhouse far better. I also miss Old School Bruisers. “COME ON LITTLE ONE!!! TIME TO DIIIIIIE!!!”

3 Likes

I’m glad someone mentioned this here as it’s definitely one of my pet peeves with the game. Leveling Goliaths is a huge pain and not worth trying. Their pathing and attack ability sucks, their aggro is very unreliable, and they die too fast. If you’re lucky enough to manage to level one up all the way, the time and effort isn’t worth the loot you get.

While not the biggest priority for the game, its something that should be addressed in a future patch or hotfix.

1 Like