Anyone else feel the trailers reveal too much?

ever since the “The Borderlands Are Yours” trailer it feels like so many stuff’s been shown to me that tbh i wish i saw them for the first time in-game instead. everything feels a bit too spoilery? thoughts?

2 Likes

Nah not to spoilery. Look at EA’s new Need for Speed teaser. There was a spoiler on nearly every car.

BL3 is supposed to be huge compared to previous games so while it may seem like we’re seeing a lot it’s probably a very tiny amount of the game itself.

4 Likes

I haven’t seen anything in trailers that I’d remotely consider spoilers.

1 Like

Really? Lilith loosing her tattoos? Vault Monster in Athenas? There were lots of them. Still I won’t judge them because they were working on this game for 5+ years, so I assume they know better what to show and what not.

1 Like

A vault monster?! Gasp. What next - psychos?! The depths of vehicle customization is more shocking, and also not a spoiler.

2 Likes

Yes, I know there will be few Vault Monster but they didn’t need to show how he would look like. I like to be surprised with “final boss”. Alas You don’t need to be so sarcastic.

3 Likes

idk, i have never known peace since that rhys/zer0 cut

2 Likes

It looks like Lilith losing her powers is fairly early on, since in the cut-scene they “name” the ship Sanctuary when she doesn’t have her Siren powers

1 Like

I think the trailers have enough information to carry the selling point of the game. The gameplay reveals are what gets me. I like seeing and understanding the new game mechanics but when you see “actual” game play cut scenes it takes away a small bit of the game.
The maps are huge and there are so many locations to run around in that I there is A LOT of stuff we have yet to see. I thought there were lots of vaults we hunt and developers said that there are a lot more mini-bosses.
Even after seeing the latest gameplay, I feel like I will be spending a whole day exploring and discovering more than what the streamers found in the two hours they got to play.

3 Likes

Criticizes the trailers for being too “spoilery,” then mentions 2 spoilers for those who may not have caught them… Bravo, good sir!

3 Likes

This is a common trend, and not just for video games. If you want to sell something, portray as more than it is. Another popular marketing tactic is instead of using the merits of the product to essentially sell itself, target the wants/desires/ego of the consumer, compelling them to buy it.

Welcome to marketing…this is how the advertising industry has operated for many, many years. It’s not just a video game issue.

2 Likes

You’re Welcome then.

1 Like

If anything I feel that the trailers are too much or “over the top”. The first time I saw the E3 trailer I was disappointed and discouraged…

It wasn’t until I saw YouTube footage from previews that I decided this game is different from the trailers we’ve seen. What ever happened to the days with simple trailers that got you excited rather than overstimulated and overwhelmed by fancy effects and dubstep?

1 Like

You said you have seen gameplay footage, and so I have to kind of shake my head at this a little bit. I mean, overstimulated is kind of the definition of what’s going on in borderlands most of the time. Explosions and particle effects and enemies from every side, things constantly happening. The trailers may not be specific game-play accurate. I mean we probably won’t be locking arms and dancing in circles firing off guns to the beat of a song, but I’d say the “overstimulation” is a pretty core component of what borderlands is.

1 Like

I feel the same way. I mean I guess it’s working because I get excited everytime I see somthing but at this point I feel like I know a good chuck of a game I haven’t played yet!

2 Likes

They have shown some stuff. But not enough for it to be spoilers. There are many places to travel to, lots to kill.

2 Likes

It’s like movie trailers, they show all the best parts of the movie. I try to avoid them because i don’t want to know to much.

1 Like

I don’t feel like the trailers have spoiled too much.

1 Like

Yes and no. Nothing too spoilerish but they have shown a tad more than I’d prefer…trying to go into this as fresh as possible

1 Like

Anything I watch makes me feel like I’m watching a psychological thriller, keeping me on the edge of my seat, craving more information. And gets me antsy to play the game! My excitement gets hard to contain! :tired_face:

1 Like