Anyone else have modifiers randomly change today?

I’m not sure if it was from right after the hotfix or just now since I’ve been farming Ruiner (for the customizations) and only noticed it in the last run. My Zane always runs buddy system, chain gang, Healy avenger, and speed demon. On the last run, one of the crabs had a buddy system and survived after ruiner died. After killing it, a laser spinner appeared on the ground. Sure enough, my modifier changed from chain gang to laser fare.

No one joined my game but I had been running split screen the entire time. I think this is another instance to consider letting us reroll them individually. Who knows how long it’ll take for me to get all four rolls back like I want?

1 Like

Chain gang was removed for this event.

Wait what? Is this confirmed?

Wish that would’ve been in the notes. Either way, still another reason to let us reroll individually.

2 Likes

Twitter from borderlands.

2 Likes

Well shoot. Guess I’m not loading back in until next hotfix. Spent almost 2 hours rolling modifiers yesterday since I decided to play some co-op. Not doing that again.

3 Likes

Hahahaha, apparently chain gang was causing the loot tinks to spit out unlimited legendaries. Sad I missed out on that.

6 Likes

More proof that they aren’t properly playtesting their own game.

And that Twitter post is filled with comments asking for the ability to turn off modifiers completely. If they still haven’t gotten the message by now, they never will.

8 Likes

What’s really frustrating is that there are are so many issues in the game that need fixing and have for a long time, and are yet to be addressed. However within hours of the the event going live they disable chain gang!

Makes you wonder if the current state of the game is intentional? Or they truly dont care about the player base As they can clearly address issues (weapon nerfs, alter drop rates,remove modifiers) when it suits them but not for the community.

3 Likes

Just enough (maybe less than enough lately) to keep some people in the game. But actually more interested in trying to sell the game to new players and pleasing the casual player.

1 Like

Yet another communication fail by GBX.
Removing a modifier is not a small thing.
No doubt it is part of the “stability” fixing, but there are other modifiers killing my PS4 besides this one.

2 Likes

Yeah I def did. I was running lootsplosion, healing avenger, drone ranger, post portem. I loaded up the hotfix yesterday and drone ranger was replaced with pool party. Super weird

2 Likes

whaaaaaaaaaaat… how is that even possible? I am really curious how they coded thelseves into this

1 Like

Yup, first mob i killed i noticed something wierd, modifiers change so just shut the game down. I’ve been through the agony of trying to change these before, takes way to long. So long story short just delete this nightmare, stay safe all👍.

2 Likes

During the last week event it’s what I used and always used in 2.0. You know… I think it’s time YongYea or other gamers cover this on YouTube to bring awareness on this game. Enough is enough. The loot is bad, modifiers gets in the way of difficulty settings, the events aren’t permanent upon most people request like the Cartel event and the event weapons aren’t dropping nor in vending machines.

Only reason I’m still always lurking even though I stopped playing is because I really want to see improvements that could pull me back in. Not just for me but for many others who quit.

If it takes a gaming/drama news on YouTube to get this game on the spotlight then so be it. Something going on with Gearbox and I’m sure I’m not the only one sensing it

2 Likes

Happened to me. I find myself reflecting on the state of this game. It has all these great elements but the way they play together just isn’t working out as fun as BL1 and BL2 did. I hope they can get their act together…

3 Likes

Happened to me yesterday to. Chain Gang got replaced with the laser spinner one. It does slow my runs down a little but it isn’t the worst. I am more of a stickler for non-elemental immunity ones, having speed demon as my easy, and post mortem as my very hard (I really don’t like the other options), so since none of that was affected and I can catch second winds off of the spinners, I really don’t mind.

Although they should have been more transparent with the update, it really isn’t major

By not having mayhem 2.0 actually planned, but it being a reflex response to how cheesy the game had become due to crazy op anointments interactions.
Rushed decisions

1 Like

This and I wish they would communicate with the community a bit more. At least something like “we know you don’t like coms and relics, we’re working on ideas” or “we are planning on rework the annointments”… But there is just nothing.

1 Like

Not surprised by this at all. Fun was detected and immediately obliterated. Meanwhile, split-screen has been dealing with the same bugs for months now and they won’t even acknowledge them, much less fix them.

But why should they care? They already have our money, so it’s not like they need to keep us playing. Just focus on new customers and the next sellable DLC.

1 Like