Anyway to make ACTUAL dialog louder than efforts and screams?

I Have High tone hearing loss (and tinnitus, and a bunch of other crap wrong with my hearing), to the point that hearing words is much harder than other stuff.

I was tired of talking being drowned out by explosions and stuff, so I went to the sliders and moved kept dialog all the way up and moved sound and sound effects way way down.

It’s great!.. except that every effort, scream, grunt, etc is ALSO amplified on the same level as dialog is. Shoudn’t these things be classified more as sound effects than “dialog?”

Is there anyway to change this (maybe a menu I’m missing, or a config file or something?

If not, is there a way we can get it added to accessibility? I’m sure I’m not the only one playing the game who has a problem with hearing words and conversation)

Also, I do (of course) have subtitles on, but they are often buggy and miss things, plus also in the chaos of gameplay it can be very hard to keep an eye on them sometimes.

Thanks!

Off the top of my head, I wonder if there’s some way using a surround sound setting.

In a 5.1 speaker setup, the enemy screams etc. are likely to be played more on satellite speakers than the central speaker/s, while echo dialog will probably be played on the central speaker/s (as will your own grunts, unfortunately).

If you have a 5.1 speaker setup, try turning down the satellite speakers. If you just have headphones or stereo speakers, maybe there’s a way you can get the game to output 5.1 surround sound, but in reality you’ll just be hearing the contents of the ‘center speaker’?

Just thinking out loud, really. I’m not at the PC so can’t check myself.

By the way, have you noticed that some sound effects don’t get affected by the volume settings? I have my sfx slider turned down to about 10%, so that I can mainly hear my Chopin, because I’m a weirdo and play Borderlands while listening to Chopin. And my PC master volume is set quite high to compensate. But the yellow Maliwan deathspheres have one particular sound effect that plays at max volume no matter what, and consequently sounds like the angels of the apocalypse blaring their bugles into my ear…

I find a lot of the dialogue is really too quiet and there is nothing at all wrong with my hearing.