April Fools Day?

(weirdsciencex) #1

Spotted this on https://borderlands.com/en-US/community/

1 Like
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #2

I think it would be just like Randy to drop the actual release date on April Fools Day. September 13 happens to be a Friday. Second, every single borderlands has dropped on a tuesday. In AMERICA. But every other country gets them on Friday. So, HRRRMMMMMM…

1 Like
(Rumplebunny) #3

I don’t see it there now, so either that was an April Fools troll or an “oops.”

I mean, honestly, Sep 13th is within the time frame of the rumored release date unless they push it back to the next fiscal year. I wouldn’t doubt that this was meant to seem like a joke when it’s actually close to the truth.

Won’t hold my breath however.

1 Like
(weirdsciencex) #5

Yeah, it got taken down pretty quickly but a lot of people saw it and Tweeted about it before then

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #6

It’s also quite possible that that is the page that’s supposed to go live in 2 days, ie the “more info on april 3rd”

(jelmerjt) #7

Golden weapon skins pack lol. This has to be a joke.

1 Like
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #8

Or not. Are you forgetting about the gold skins?

(Rumplebunny) #10

Oh I see it was tweeted and then deleted. Yyyyyeaaaah I’m going with “oops”. :slight_smile: I mean, most April Fools things are obnoxiously obvious like “BORDERLANDS 3 EXCLUSIVE ON COMMODORE 64!!!”

3 Likes
(jelmerjt) #11

Oh crap right. Well who knows then. Bit worried about microtransactions though :frowning:

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #12
(weirdsciencex) #13

If it was an April fools joke why delete the Tweet and revert the website … hmm

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #14

The tweet.

(jelmerjt) #15

Hmm thinking about it a bit more, would Gearbox really allow us to bling out ANY gun? Even uniques and legendaries? I mean Gearbox Golden Guns are one thing but this is something else.

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #16

Well, since this time around we’ll get what we wanted and be able to swap out gun parts, I don’t see why not.

Because the fans are rabid for any scrap of information and it would be an even better joke if people had more reason to believe it was a mistake and the info was legit.

1 Like
(weirdsciencex) #18

Possibly but I’m calling it as legit, I mean I know Gearbox like to have fun with their fan base but this rings true

Plus the inclusion of the EPIC logo on the trailer …

1 Like
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #19

One thing I saw was that possibly this Is legit, and gearbox dropped it like they did to gauge reactions to it being on epic/get the outrage out of the way/decide if it’s worth it. Notice how it wasn’t mentioned at pax where it was going to be.

1 Like
(Idle Phantom) #20

sorry can someone point out where the epic logo is