Are any Moxxi weapons worth using in BL3?

I’ve played around with different guns like the Crit, Hail, Slow Hand, etc. but none of them worked particularly well both in terms of damage to enemies and healing to myself. Back in BL2 Moxxi weapons were a massive part of the endgame meta to quickly get above healthgate since they healed a % of the damage dealt and player health didn’t increase with OP levels, while weapon damage did. I understand if Gearbox didn’t want to return to that model, since swapping weapons to heal could be pretty annoying; but now 3 out of 4 playable characters just have straight up lifesteal skills which are honestly more OP than any Moxxi weapon was in BL2 (Zane might as well have a Grog Nozzle permanently equipped if you spec into Salvation, for example). Would be nice to see a buff to some of these weapons, even if they didn’t become amazing healing options, but just had a small healing effect as a bonus while having decent damage. Or am I wrong and are there plenty of good Moxxi weapons already in the game? Or would the game be going down a dangerous path with even more ways to heal while shooting enemies? Just looking for opinions, I rarely see anyone even acknowledge there are Moxxi weapons in the game and I thought the topic might make for a good discussion.

Knife Drain Artifact + Face Puncher Shotgun = Grog Nozzel

You can also use weapons infused with the Lifesteal anointment for healing.

1 Like

Most of the Moxxi items aren’t really worth it anymore. Aside from the fact that characters have far more effective lifesteal skills and FFYL is basically a buff at this point with GR perks, they just don’t have the gimmicks that made them great. The Hail doesn’t get splash, I don’t think the Slowhand can come x3, and none of them have been specifically buffed (some of them may have gotten the manufacturer specific buffs) so they are destined to fall by the wayside until they are actually looked at.

2 Likes

The Creamer is probably the top of the heap of Moxxi weapons IMO. It’s a little Sawbar-ish with a sweet spot for damage, but it can pop pretty good with a Splash annoint.

I often forget Moxxi weapons even exist until I see a Heartbreaker drop in DLC2. :slight_smile:

I never use them because there just doesn’t seem to be a need, there are plenty of other ways to heal and the “OMG GET ABOVE HEALTHGATE NOW!!! GROG+CHAIN LIGHTNING!!!” element of BL2 doesn’t seem to be as urgent in BL3.

2 Likes

Probably not. Most of the characters have plenty of survivability without them (unlike Bl2, where some characters like Zer0 basically relied on them to stay alive) and the Moxxi weapons we do have in the game aren’t all that good.
None of the Moxxi weapons I would rank to be in the top tier for their weapon class, some of them are made even worse by janky mechanics or bullet patterns (the Hail, the Crit, the Heartbreaker), so I just don’t think they really are worth using outside of a normal mode playthrough.
I think the only Moxxi item I have gotten some use out of was the bouncing pair grenade which was somewhat decent, though I mostly used it for the grenade throw anoint and to get my Transformer filled up a little, occasionally.

1 Like