Are the community day Skins/heads available?

I tried on twitch, unfortunately I just got into BL2 with the handsome collection, after getting Salvador and Krieg to 73, OP8… I saw the 2013 community Day heads and Slins. GearBix says by subscribing to the twitch it will be available, but I can not find the link. I love this game and the presequel. I’m still farming for clap traps Empr Trp head… But I’m told there is no way? To get the Community Day Heads? PSN JackUnion76.

1 Like

I always heard that you could randomly find these although I never did…I’m sure that someone has them somewhere though. I never held on to heads and skins sorry…The Community Day Axton head and skin are probably the best in the game IMO.

Thank you for responding! Yes all the western looks are amazingly unique, hoping to find them somehow

When I was on PS3 I did find Axton’s head in a skag pile in Lynchwood, but that’s it.

If they do or know how to get them please let me know. Also, can anyone confirm the Empr Trp head drops off the sentinel raid boss? (zarpadon never dropped it). Thanks to all for any help!

PSN. JackUnion76

You can try the following link: http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1187/community-day-2013-digital-bonus-pack . Also, the following link: https://secure.twitch.tv/products/gearbox/ticket .

However, you should first verify that this will work for The Handsome Collection. IIRC, it is a one time subscription fee of $19.99 USD. You would get the info sent via email. It took me about 12 hours to get my Shift Codes, not 1 like the site says. I subscribed to get the Community Day 2013 heads and skins, but that was a while ago and I play BL2 on Xbox 360. So, I am not sure if it still applies and is available for The Handsome Collection on PS4 / Xbox One.

EDIT: Well, it looks the the second link for Twitch isn’t working properly. Perhaps that page was moved? You might have to send a support ticket to Twitch asking if there is another link to use to subscribe.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

That is extremely helpful, thank you! Yes I noticed the twitch was not working as said. I know duping is frowned upon, but is there any other way to obtain these on the handsome collection? I’d even respect my Krieg build after getting that reach for the skis

IIRC, the Community Day 2013 heads and skins cannot be traded between players. And if you attempt to store them, they will disappear when you re-load the game. I know becuase that happened to me when I found a Krieg head or skin and didn’t know what it was at the time. This was before I subscribed to Twitch. However, they can still be obtained as very rare drops.

The only way for someone to “give” you one would be for that person to find one in-game, message you and invite you to join their game. Then, you would have to pickup the head or skin, use it and then save and quit.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, have you linked your Shift account to your PSN account?

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

Thank you so very much! Everyone is so helpful. My only regret is not playing this game when it first came out. I have the handsome collection, the tell tale games, and so many t-shirts (even my elementary age school children call my car Butt-Stallion, due to the stickers) so this would be the cherry on top

Yes shift codes are linked, used all I could find. Was hoping there is a legit way like with shift to get the community day heads and skins

I got my Community Day skins through the Twitch subscription thingie, but it was almost a year ago. Keep in mind that you’d also get access to the remastered version of Homeworld before release as part of the package, so now that Homeworld Remastered has already been released I’m not sure if the promotion is still going on with just the skins as a reward. It’d be smart to check if they’re still giving away the skins and if it works with the Handsome Collection before buying the subscription. They’re unlocked through exclusive SHiFT codes, so I think they should work with the Handsome Collection as well. Also, a word of caution: It took a while for me to get the codes after buying it. I actually had to file a support ticket to get them sent to me, cause it was taking too long. Once I did that, I got them very fast and they unlocked with no problems. One other problem, though: I think my credit card was cloned through the transaction. I started getting some very suspicious, very small unrelated deductions on my bank account after I bought the subscription. I actually had to cancel my old credit card and get a new one. I’m still not sure if that’s what really happened and I’m positive it wasn’t Twitch’s or Gearbox’s fault, but there could have been a few security issues back then.

Anyway, the Community Day customizations are awesome, they’re my favorites in the game and I don’t regret buying the Twitch subscription to get them. It’s practically impossible to get them as drops in the game. Now I only need to get my hands on the Goliath heads from the limited edition Diamond Plate Loot Chest and the customizations from Poker Night 2 and I’ll have every single one of them. Unfortunately, those are out of my reach. =(

Hey where you ever able to get the heads and how do they drop in game? Sorry for all the questions but I’m in the flame exact boat as you just later and can not find a exact answer

To the best of my knowledge they are just VERY rare. As in, sit a few expert BL2 players down at computers and have them play non-stop for a year and you might see one or two. Over a year, with several people playing non-stop.