Are the controls terrible or is it just me?

So I started TftB the other days and ended up rage quitting after about an hour. When I tried beating off the first set of bandits I could never get the reticle to the right spot fast enough - it always moved sooooo sloooooowwwllllyyyyy. Am I doing something wrong or is this just a thing with this type of game?

1 Like

Never had any problem with mouse.

I have never had a problem with it being slow, and i play on 360

No problem here and I play on a PC w/a 360 controller.

I think if they swapped left and right stick controls it would feel better.

So… left thumbstick is now camera control and right thumbstick is movement? If that’s what you mean, having configurable controls would be better IMO than a single setup that’ll alienate a good chunk of the players.

Finally picked this up and played through ep.1. Also on 360, and had a few control issues. It seemed like the RS “look” function had some kind of scaling on it so that initially it moved very slowly, then picked up speed. As a consequence, I either failed to get to, or overshot, the target a number of times. Couldn’t find any settings to adjust sensitivity, which could be fixed. (Then again, that might screw up the timing on the quick time events so…)

My bigger problem was adjusting to a “look” control that only moved the cursor within the FOV and didn’t turn the character around. That, and the fact that I wasn’t always expecting some of the control moves/button mashing, and screwed up. I’m sure I’ll adjust eventually, though!