Are you bored? Random builds

I don’t know if people know this but,

If you back out of your map as far as it will go, there is a challenge tab. You press right on the control pad on Xbox. It shows your progress for achievements that give you eridium when you complete. Yes I know it’s the, " %100 perfection thing", but this actually shows your habits for playing.

All your rank 5 completed stuff is obviously what you’ve been using. So, to the point, I go through and pick the rank 1 or 2 challenges to see what I can do to pool completing them as fast as possible. Right now I’m running a semi auto DaHL smg build with artillery/singularity grenade mod. And a DaHL assault rifle I have have to use crouching. Apparently I don’t use sniper rifles either lol. You might run across something OP

3 Likes

I’ve poked at that before, always vaguely entertaining to see what I’ve done a lot and what i’ve ignored.

1 Like

Where are the random builds? The thread title promised random builds.

2 Likes

I don’t do “random” builds. But hey I play with a huge variety of builds. Yesterday I set up a Jakobs Pistol only Rakk Fl4k build for example. I do a lot of things like this, Jakobs Pistol only is not an optimal way to play but it’s fun and I can still complete the tough content with it even though it’s not as easy as it could be with another build. On top of that, within the build itslef I could just run around with only the Maggie and it wrecks but I also like to use all the other Jakobs pistols I have with it like the Calls, Wagon Wheel, Companion, Duc etc.

As far as the challenge tab well I aint got much left there to do even though I’ve never looked at it… A few things left like kill with barrels, spiked shields and melee while buffed by roid shield. Don’t really wanna do melee tho :smiley:

1 Like

I am here for the random builds. :rofl:

OP is trying to tell you to make a random build in order to take on the challenge list and cure your boredom :medal_sports:

2 Likes

Looked to me like he was just suggesting using different weapons for a bit. Generally speaking, that doesn’t really require any change in build, random or otherwise.

1 Like

It is best to always take topics at all angles of context for max humor whilst bored at work:

4 Likes

I thought this was going to be about randomly applying skill points haphazardly and rolling with it. That’s how my nephew plays every game :joy:

4 Likes

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

This is one part. Kills with Maliwan Beam weapons. Sooo find a beam weapon and build around it.

1 Like

Oh I totally didn’t realize you could change the filter, I was only looking at combat challenges. Looks like I have a lot more stuff left to check off.

There’s a lot man. Happy hunting!

Those are per character challenges, I believe. I have too many characters to really intentionally bother with them. If progress was shared account wide, it’d be different. Or maybe if they unlocked skins or something.

1 Like

I was gonna post about my attempts to make a GitM/Consecutive Hit anoint build but i guess this isn’t the place for that :confused:

I haven’t even looked at the challenges tab WHOOPS. if there is something with alien-barreled weapons maybe I’ll go for it.

1 Like

I tried a COV pistol build with Zane. Wasn’t a big fan of it but then again, I don’t have a Skeksil. I had Blue/Purple x2/x3 COV pistols with SNTNL Cryo and Linoge with barrier anoint. Not a fan of the Linoge because of the slow projectile speed and the x2/x3 pistols just consume too much ammo. You don’t have that problem with the Q-System for example.

I also played around with a Clone/Drone build with Jericho + Red Suit shield and I was having a blast spamming around the big radiation mirv mortar bombs and I want to try this in the Slaughter Shaft. I’m still looking for a lvl 53 version with the clone swap +130% dmg anointment. Don’t use a SNTNL Cryo one because you will kill yourself. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have an idea for a load out that is all jakobs fire weapons like the companion/kings call, hellwalker, Rowan’s call and now the wedding invitation called the jakobs hellrazer just cause it sounds fun. Not class specific, just a cool theme.

1 Like

Against boredom, I have the personal rule to play every character with different brands and weapons. So I never use the same weapon (also if the weapon is a must or op)