Asking for ideas: how to fix Borderlands 3

Let us kill Ava.

8 Likes

Abandon this mess. Learn from your mistakes. Start Borderlands 4.

3 Likes

Like this ?

2 Likes

Problem 1 - Mayhem 2.0:
Almost nobody likes it. Release Mayhem 3.0 with a smaller increase of enemy health (something like M1 +100%, M2 +250%, M3 +500%…M6 +2000%) and increasing numbers of enemies and harder enemies. Remove the weapon scaling. Seriously. It sucks. M1 weapons has to be the same like M6 weapons. And remove all modifiers from the game. It isn’t fun at all. Higher Mayhem increases the Drop Rates.

Problem 2 - Items, drops and anointments:
A legendary should feel like a legendary. The world drop rate is way too high. Remove all anointments from the game. They are way too powerful and the system adds an unsatisfying layer of RNG. A legendary should be worth keeping without anointments. Give us an opportunity to modify our weapons. (Details in Problem 3 - Endgame)

Problem 3 - Endgame:
Give us something to do. And give us the feeling that it is worth our time. Let us farm materials in Proving Grounds and Circle of Slaughter to modify our weapons. Changing the Element or adding Burst Fire. Something like that. Or a token to increase weapon damage by 1% permanently or fire rate etc. Like that you can boost your weapons you like. So more mayhem levels can be added in the future.
Add hard raid bosses for multiplayer. Which leads to problem 4.

Problem 4 - Multiplayer:
Matchmaking is not working. There has to be another way to find people. I have no BL3 friends. I have to play alone because of this mess.

2 Likes

Keep NVHM as it is, change TVHM as M4 was and make a single mayhem mode as m8 or maybe m10 is. All, without weapon scaling depending on mayhem level.

My main wish is to make mutators fully optional.

But I’d also like a session browser, a bit more replay factor to proving grounds (with better loot tables), a way to farm stuff without savequitting, some long term purpose for currency, and RNG mitigation (mainly in terms of anoints)

3 Likes

Very much agree.

I think that’s an excellent idea.It would make the airborn anointments much more viable and fun to use. Imo this is the perfect solution. Much better than simply buffing their damage into oblivion.

I completely agree. It feels like a legendary bargain sale in BL3 they get thrown at you everywhere, they should tone it down.

I think they should nerf all anointments to a point where they are bonuses and not the sole focus of this entire game. BUT make them rerollable. You have to pay Eridium to reroll anointments so there would still be a tradeoff.

1 Like

an actual response you want though I would say have every single dev read every topic in the forums all of them then invite a certain amount of players from each group from hard core to casual and so on to a discussion not a short one either than have them take dedicated notes make sure the people they gather can agree on subjects but have a posing opinions and take their time also no public test servers this may sound stupid but pay for actual testers you know like back in the old days when a buggy mess of a game was mainly just a Bethesda thing I joke but that way people get jobs the American economy gets a small boost and we get a properly tested patch or hot fix

1 Like

As long as damage values range as much as they do now with anointments, balancing a difficulty level will be impossible.
Let’s say you want to create content completable in 20 minutes. What do you base enemy health pools on? The player with perfect rolled items with the best anointments or the ones with the base items with random anointments?
In the first case casual players will call the content too difficult or tedious, in the second case people who have a lot of time to farm or that have a good network of traded (or crafted…) items will clear it in 5 minutes and call it easy.

I say eliminate everything that makes damage fluctuate so much and work from there in creating gameplay mechanics that are fun and require thought while playing.

1 Like

@Tramonto Do you think this could be fixed if anointments were A. re-rollable or B. less powerful than they’re right now?

I think if they were re-rollable everyone would run around with his perfect anointments and you could create a baseline on that.

If anointments were less powerful the gap between players with perfect anointments and peeps with non-optimal anointments would be more narrow making it easier to determine how strong opponents need to be. Everything would be more balanced.

1 Like

My ideas I like which it would keep me playing

• Gun Grinder & recipes (rng stays to make the chase worth it)
  • Anointed Grinder & recipes (rng stays to make the chase worth it)
  • No insane nerfs. This is not a PvP. Let people use what they want to have fun
  • Shields and Grenades needs to be bit more fun. (why isn’t a legendary rarity of “Cloning Maddening Tracker” exist yet?)
  • Action Skills needs to be powerful. I wouldn’t mind if AS has a longer cooldown for all in exchange of better strength. Just so AS can be used when it’s needed

That just my things that I like to see that obviously would help. Of course this game needs important fixes ever since this game release

2 Likes

Yes to material farming and modifying
No to endless power system

Of course my suggested power system needs a limit.

I would rather have like anointments be that kind of upgrade and something to farm and permanently attach to the weapon
It’s more interesting than +1,+1,+1,+1

1 Like

tbh I hate to say this but I do agree now that anointments were a bad idea sad thing is I like them but some one pointed out the truth they just add another layer of rng :frowning:

1 Like

It could work but I’m a firm advocate for the devs to have control over the game as much as possible so they can create more engaging mechanics.
We need more differentiation between high powered single shot weapons, fast footing ones, area of effect ones, etc… Imho

1 Like

Ofc that’s important
But the overall DPS should stay the same
Also low ammo weapons like shotguns should deal more damage than SMGs
Ammo is a very very rare resource in this game for some reason

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with the shotgun thing they should at close range destroy medium do some acceptable damage but nothing special and long range do basically nothing

1 Like

It’s simply the pellet count
If you are wasting like 4 ammo and shooting 12 pellets into someone’s face, they should take more damage than with a shot of a pistol or something.

2 Likes