Attack Speed Gear Nerf

So attack speed took a major nerf today and I am beyond frustrated on where GBX is headed with this game. I am using stolen edge of acryvnorr (Legendary) and it gave me a total of 19.6 attack speed. That 1% nerf decreased that to 16. Its not even with 1800 shard anymore considering there is blue gear that surpass that now.

They should just decrease the amount of shards on legendary depending on its usefulness.

1 Like

[quote=“Xelaris96, post:1, topic:1540902, full:true”]Its not even with 1800 shard anymore considering there is blue gear that surpass that now.
[/quote]

They nerfed all of those stats for all gear; not just legendaries. A blue sword is going to provide 12.6 (8.4 + 4.2) attack speed, which is the exact same proportion it provided compared to the SEoA. Also, SEoA also provides crit to go along with it so…

I can understand why they nerfed those stats though. With those reductions, the opportunity cost for taking move/sprint, and other less-than-amazing stats will be less.

Also, they’re still absolutely amazing items. They’re slightly worse than they used to be but they’re still flipping amazing.

3 Likes

Yes but legendaries took the biggest hit considering their absurd cost. They are not worth it anymore.
Gear as a whole is becoming a joke now.

1 Like

The problem is gear is literally getting nerfed every other week

2 Likes

Not much of a difference considering the cost difference of a blue gear and a legendary is too big. Criticals got a small buff that made no difference whatsoever.

[quote=“Xelaris96, post:3, topic:1540902, full:true”]Yes but legendaries took the biggest hit considering their absurd cost. They are not worth it anymore.
[/quote]

Uhhh… Proportionately, they took the exact same hit, which is what matters. If they had buffed those values, would you be complaining about legendaries being OP because they got more of a buff out of it?

Also, legendaries are still absolutely amazing, imo. They reduced the value of all gear with those stats, which means that anything carrying those stats decreased in value. Legendaries are, proportionately, just as superior to low level gear as it used to be.

They nerfed 4 offensive attributes by a fraction. Attack damage went from ~20% on a legendary to 19%; speed went from ~20% to ~17%. If they hadn’t said anything about it, you would never have noticed it and I doubt that, even if you look for it, you won’t notice any difference in how everything plays.

You’re complaining about numbers being reduced a tiny amount when the gameplay is going to be pretty much identical.

6 Likes

From what I have read the gear in this game was supposed to provide a small bonus that isn’t too noticeable. It gives you a very slight edge in combat. Like sharpening your sword (as opposed to adding another foot of blade). So if the effects of the gear are too noticeable then expect it to be nerfed. None of the gear is supposed to be gamechanging.

2 Likes

Could always play OW and just not worry about gear stats anymore…also free up some forum space for ‘constructive criticism’. The constant complaints and whining are killin my buzz bruvah…this game is sweet as they come. This glass is totally half full man…not empty at all. People tend to forget what life was like in the hero shooter market before BattleBorn!!!

2 Likes

I get they took the same but legendaries are just not worth their price anymore. Their value is lessening every week. [quote=“Kitru, post:6, topic:1540902”]
If they hadn’t said anything about it, you would never have noticed it and I doubt that, even if you look for it, you won’t notice any difference in how everything plays.
[/quote]
Actually I would have, there is a big difference and I am already noticing it as I am testing it now.

Did I mention ANYWHERE that they should buff these values? No, so quit putting words in my mouth.

19.6% to 16.8% is not a “tiny amount” considering it cost 1800 shards.

It’s ONE FREAKING PERCENT! You’d think the sky was falling.

I can’t comprehend how an item could be worth it before but not worth it now, even with a stacking effect.

4 Likes

Here is some constructive criticism in case you didn’t read my OP.[quote=“Xelaris96, post:1, topic:1540902”]
They should just decrease the amount of shards on legendary depending on its usefulness.
[/quote]

1 Like

Definitely true that some are much more worth it than others. I wish there were a smaller number that were more equal, personally.

Everyone has the right to their opinion, and a right to voice it as long as they do so in a civil manner.
Xelaris doesn’t seem to be overly aggressive about this, just voicing his concern over the nerfs to gear.

2 Likes

What happened to the parrot? Stealth nerf?

He’s disabled for now due to unintended effects, we’ll look into it. Should come back soon™

1 Like

Once again, it’s a qualitative assessment. They’re still, proportionately, just as good as they used to be. You can whinge about losing 3% attack speed, but you’d be losing the exact same proportion of attack speed whether you were using a legendary or not. It’s making attack speed less valuable; not legendaries as a whole.

No, you’re not. The fact that you read about a change existing is making you think you can detect it, but humans are only really capable of accurately noticing differences above roughly 10% (e.g. if you’re swinging 100 times per second, you’re not really gonna notice a difference until you’re swinging 110 times; the reduction is from ~120% to ~117%, which is a 2.5% difference, well below the conscious threshold).

The changes are so small that you would have no idea this happened if you hadn’t been told about it.

[quote]19.6% to 16.8% is not a “tiny amount” considering it cost 1800 shards.
[/quote]

Yes, it is. Once again, you’re whinging about the price when it’s still, proportionately, just as good as it used to be. The stats are now inferior compared to what they used to be, not the gear itself.

shakes fist at the heavens

Noooooooooooooooo!

3 Likes

Maybe we’re just gonna have to adjust to a new microeconomic reality in game. You get a couple percent less for your shards than you did last month. Art imitates life; Voila, INFLATION!

Unless we have a good, informed argument for a fixed shards-to-performance ratio for our gear, I don’t see the point asking to lower the shard cost of activation.

But go on and do that. At the moment, GBX isn’t selling shards for microtramsactions, and they don’t seem to gain/lose anything with shard activation price adjustments, so no harm in asking for it. Who knows? Might just strike gold, and then we’ll be thanking you. :wink:

1 Like

Yes I know the number seems small but legendary’s that have attack speed, its a big difference. For example, Deande’s attack speed currently on mine is now 7.20% with a 3.60% cool down and a bad unique ability. Not worth 1800.

1 Like

Yes I am. I use SEoA on alani, and I could sure tell the difference of speed she throws out her torrents now. [quote=“Kitru, post:16, topic:1540902”]
but humans are only really capable of accurately noticing differences above roughly
[/quote]

Maybe you should have bad eyes? Don’t lump me into a group. Everyone is different.

1 Like