Attacker / Defender / Support Buffs Clarification Please

Ok, so the three character classifications on the character select screen are now “Attack, Defender, and Support”, right?

Attackers get 15 percent extra damage against only non Battleborn, or against everything / everyone?

Defenders get 15 percent extra damage reduction against only non BB, or everything / everyone?

Do Supports get a bonus?

Finally, which characters are listed as which class?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Supports don’t get a bonus only attackers and defenders. Not what I call “balance”

Attackers get 15% against ai - anything that isn’t a bot bb. This includes deployable from other bb

Defenders is same as attackers but for defense

1 Like

@keadron

What?

Why even play a support then?

For the love of healing? The only real reason is a love of being a support, a specific character, or that a team needs one and someone needs to bite the bullet. In this game it sure as hell won’t be because of balance

2 Likes

Because most supports don’t need a bonus. Does Alani, Kleese, Ambra, or even Kid Pampers need any help clearing minions?

4 Likes

@keadron

Wow.

Just…wow.

Ok my initial questions still (mostly) need answering though please and thank you all kindly.

The character selection screen is organized according to these classifications.

3 Likes

Attackers: Benedict Caldarius Deande El dragon Ghalt Marquis Mellka Oscar Mike Orendi pendles Phoebe Rath Thorn Whiskey.

Defenders: Attikus Boldur Ernest Galilea Isic Kelvin Montana Shane Toby

Support: Alani Ambra Kleese Beatrix Kid Ultra Miko Reyna

1 Like

Look at attackers and defenders did they really NEED help against minions? From a balance standpoint all three should have gotten one.

It also helps in both pve and pvp btw

1 Like

Actually, many of them did. Oscar Mike, Whiskey Foxtrot, Montana and Caldarius come to mind immediately. They can shoot those little bots all day and still not kill them.

3 Likes

I don’t main those characters so I can’t say for certain but when I’ve used them they didn’t seem to have issues. To each their own I suppose. Doesn’t make it balanced though

1 Like

Mellka? but this went to ALL the attackers even the ones who probably didnt need it like Benedict and orendi. Though i understand them trying to define rolls. If certain characters are lacking they should also take a closer look into those characters too i’m not saying you’re wrong!

2 Likes

Ok, so, from the replies thus far, it seems like the Attack / Damage Reduction bonuses DO NOT apply to other Battleborn, only Minions, Thralls, etc?

That is correct. Though it does apply to deployable from other bb such as Ernest egg

1 Like

@keadron

Ok, thank you!

Thats what i have been asking myself since the begining of the game.

Everyone is like: wow!! X player is the best attacker or x person plays a nasty defender “those players can carry a team”.

The first time someone said i had one of the best reynas was @FATTYMCFAT1985

3 Likes

I haven’t played Melka in a long while, but yes, I would say she needed it, too. Her gun will have the same issue as the others, it will take 2-3 full magazines at level one to bring down just one little bot. She has her spike, which used to clear them out quickly, but then she won’t have it to use otherwise. Similarly, Caldarius has his grenade, which works well at low levels with blind and bloodied. But that doesn’t seem to scale, so it becomes increasingly difficult for him to clear out the waves as they become stronger. Benedict and Orendi definitely did not need the help. They will probably come out in a couple of weeks and say that they are clearing minion waves far too easily, just like they did before the big AOE nerf last fall.

2 Likes

I agree. Thats what i was concerned about. The people that are already doing alright or are well off will now be put in an even better spot and will likely be nerfed to make up for this update. Orendi Has already been getting hit with a plethora of nerfs lately.

1 Like

Imo the supports need a 5% buff to attack and defense.

1 Like