Attention Gearbox about Lasodacty

Im trying to farm Lasodacty for a light show but it and those others in the cave with it are on crack! They’re flying around at super speed and when it drops its loot it shoots it to a ledge to the left of the entrance i cant jump to. Kind of ridiculous to go to sanctuary after every kill to see what i got.

1 Like

Atleast you get him to spawn, he won’t even spawn for me!
I just resorted to farming ruiner as he can drop all the DLC drops.

Whoa, hes always spawned for me. What platform are you on?

Epic games. I made a thread about it and was gonna upload a video of it but forgot. But yeah, I run into the cave and those alien dog things spawn and drop a bunch of eridium and legendaries but no lasodactyl flying about

Just asking but do you think you’re in the wrong cave? I dont have any dogs just flying enemies. Do you spawn at the old lady in the forest every run, thats where it is.

For Lasodactyl, you just let him come to you and then kill him. All of the Scourge flying around are a PITA but I usually just ignore them, kill Laso, pick stuff up and quit the game.

I farmed him for a bit last night after the new patch and I gotta say that I’m a bit disappointed. He doesn’t seem to be dropping as much loot as he did pre-patch.

I’m at work but I’m… fairly sure its the same cave where I fought him before. It spawns those alien dog things that the deputy had a pet of instead of the bird. Okay, this time I’ll make a video when I get home. Now I’m curious if I AM in the wrong cave, but like I said, I don’t think so. It’s kind of a peninsula with 3 enemy holes at the end surrounded by, well, empty space that a flying boss could probably fit in. Will check later.

1 Like

You’re in the wrong cave.

This is so sad.

I thought for sure I went to the one with the hunter icon in it >:(
Well, now that those useless annoints were removed I should be able to grab a nice lil cryo annoint light show :3

1 Like

Thats why im posting, its not happening like that. The loot goes flying right to the ledge everytime and they fly in super sonic speed. You’re right tho i let him come to me but this is the result for me.

Use this to find stuff. It’s really a very useful site.

https://mapgenie.io/borderlands-3/maps/gehenna

1 Like

I kill him when he’s coming at me and the loot usually flies right at me. It is kind of weird how the loot seems to fly from him instead of just dropping.

1 Like

That’s the lootsplosion mechanic that applies to every boss loot drop - it explodes out and then falls. Sometimes the direction is a bit… off. In BL2, for example, Knuckledragger’s lootsplosion can end up in all sorts of odd places depending on where he is and which direction he’s facing.

I think this is different , i havent mentioned this yet but sometimes and i mean sometimes 1 or 2 times in say 15 runs in falls directly down. The rest seem glitched going in the same direction everytime. And as i said before they fly really fast, like i’ve never seen before. :thinking:

It may depend on how close Lasodactyl is to the ceiling?

I noticed everybody in DLC3 has lower drop rates. Not sure if this is intentional or just a side effect of the changes to loot drops.
Was pretty disappointed in my DLC3 farming last night.

Manosaur only dropped 2 Flippers in about twenty runs, in Ashfall Peaks was looking for beacons and Compressing Roots - nada after multiple runs.
Ruiner used to be a literal Lootsplosion. Now he is just a mild sprinkle with a chance at one DLC3 item :frowning:

1 Like

I didn’t have time to farm anywhere else but this is very disappointing if true. The one thing that I was really enjoying about DLC 3 was the drop rates. Leave it to GBX to secretly nerf the drop rates.

1 Like

Yea, this happened to me last night. I had to jump down the cliff and do some photo mode shenanigans to retrieve my light show lol.

1 Like

I think it might be a flying bug, I just went and killed the Lasodactyl , since I was farming him already, and yes they are flying much faster. So is Zanes Drone, that thing is zipping around like crazy, it’s doing laps around Zane like it was in a Formula 1 race, I also think it has increased fire rate or boosted damage or something (but to be honest I never really noticed before), it just took out most of the Hydragoian camp on it’s own, sadly the copies stopped dropping Eridium it seems :sob:

1 Like

Eww didnt think of that! Ill try that next time. Thank you!

I think it might be a flying bug, I just went and killed the Lasodactyl , since I was farming him already, and yes they are flying much faster. So is Zanes Drone, that thing is zipping around like crazy, it’s doing laps around Zane like it was in a Formula 1 race, I also think it has increased fire rate or boosted damage or something (but to be honest I never really noticed before), it just took out most of the Hydragoian camp on it’s own, sadly the copies stopped dropping Eridium it seems :sob:

Havent farmed him till now so cant speak for before the patch but i ignore them mostly. Once i kill him i try to see what i got then retry. They are stupid fast!

1 Like