Attikus is OP, Galilea is balanced

I’ve heard every possible argument to defend Galilea, and I don’t understand why someone would other than to save a favourite and frequently played character, you just can’t justiffy her broken kit.
She has access to every CC in the game short of bind (which is just a modified stun) including hasten and healing, she has a LOT of self-healing, the only AoE pull in the game, the highest attack speed buff at a ridiculous 35%, and shoots lasers out of her sword which is ludicrous. I’ve seen many a Gali “sniping” down range on Incursion, get too close and she pulls/silences/stuns then you’re stuck in the ring of death with a damage debuff. Her ult makes her invulberable to all but a few exceptions and heals her for 350HP which is a lot, she has a shield for the walk of shame until she gets her lasers back and can do even more damage when she’s without it. Since release she’s been the only character with wound and she has two skills that can activate it.

I disagree that she’s “OP” as such, but she is definitely broken. The only thing I’m okay with is the stun, it just makes sense. GBX haven’t nerfed her four times and they’re not working on reworking her entire kit because she’s “balanced”

Perhaps I should have specified though for the most part I tried to make it obvious with my constant emphasis on the word “PROOF” and it’s variants, but this is satire. I do think Attikus is underrated and underappreciated, but I don’t believe there is any possible justifiable argument in favour of Galilea’s current state.

1 Like

Does… Um… Does no one see the irony in the original post? It’s… satire. I mean, isn’t it? Sure, as a neurodiverse person I can’t always tell but this set my parody alarms off pretty hard. Are… Are we taking this seriously?

It’s a satire thread making fun of all the people who’ve been so sure (factually and literally) that a character is OP or not based upon the incredibly subjective data of whom they were beaten by or they beat.

It is that, right? Isn’t it?

1 Like

Attikus is pretty much the juggernaut of the game, but he has the iconic problems too. First of all he needs to build up momentum (aka levels) to begin his onslaught and secdond it is hard to get out of a fight if the odds turn against you.

And of course you choose for Attikus on level Tenacity…it is +12% damage per subsequent punch…people go crazy about Vow of Vengeance, while this is 1200% more powerful!

1 Like

I cant speak on Attikus being OP because 1.) I’ve never played as him and 2.) I’ve managed to kill every enemy Attikus pretty easily. Maybe I haven’t ran into any good ones yet.

Now Galilea on the other hand (Sista Solja is my nickname for her) feels perfectly balanced. I got this game 2 months month after it released and I went to go see the old patch notes to see what they changed and I couldn’t believe how Op she use to be!

Attikus is essentially all of the top-tier legendaries in the game. Like legendary gear it takes time and patience to activate his potential, but when he glows he shines. [quote=“Precursor, post:24, topic:1540732”]
Now Galilea on the other hand (Sista Solja is my nickname for her) feels perfectly balanced. I got this game 2 months month after it released and I went to go see the old patch notes to see what they changed and I couldn’t believe how Op she use to be!
[/quote]

Having been nerfed in the past doesn’t mean she’s balanced now and just saying it doesn’t make it so. I stated many reasons why I don’t believe she’s balanced, she’s still worse now than Alani was on release. There is no possible justifiable defense one can make in favour of Galilea.

1 Like

Having been nerfed in the past doesn’t mean she’s balanced now and just saying it doesn’t make it so. I stated many reasons why I don’t believe she’s balanced, she’s still worse now than Alani was on release. There is no possible justifiable defense one can make in favour of Galilea.
[/quote]

I guess it all depends how you play and who you play against. Then again I’ve been playing this game for about 2 weeks now so maybe I haven’t seen all the cracks yet.

My previous comment explains it all, mainly about her endless CC, unique attributes, and frickin’ lasers.

What is the point of this thread Slif… Are you trying to say Galilea needs more nerf and Attikus needs a buff?

I’m confused. :confused:

Just some humour to lighten up the forums, but it didn’t go as planned lol :confused:

Attikus is fine IMO, but Gali… Yeah, Gali…

I dunno. I don’t have any issue with her unless she has a Miko keeping her “Dangerous to go alone” constantly up. That will probably be fixed with wound being given out like candy on the next update. What do you think on her particularly needs nerfing?

Her kit as a whole needs to be reworked. The pull on Desecrate and the lasers are the two biggest things that need to go, and her 35% attack speed augment could do with a big reduction, the closest anyone else comes to that is 20% and that’s on Phoebe and Attikus at level 7 while Galilea’s 35% is at level 5. The silence isn’t as problematic as it was, but that with the pull turns Desecrate into a double CC and a debuff when in the field, which you can’t avoid when you’re pulled into it then stunned by Shield Throw. It’s such a simplistic yet devastating combo, way too much on one ability. That’s a start anyway.

Attikus is op? Really? Hmm… Ok let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time, our enemy decided to pick Attikus in Overgrowth. So looking at their pre-made comp without any good healer (Mellka, Whiskey Foxtrot, Ghalt, Alani etc) we were gonna stomp them. Mind you we were on a 9 game winning streak as we were pre-made and almost ended every game around 10-20 mins. Our team comp was pretty balance with support Alani and healer Miko, front line Montana and damage dealer Caldarius and OM, a comp that let us went on a winning streak.

So I told my team I did not like that Attikus because everytime when Attikus is picked, he’ll end up racking dozen of kills regardless win or lose. So we started like every other game, focusing Attikus where I landed my Geyser and stunned him, we ended up with first blood and three early kills. Montana and Caldarius began to snowball and they each had 5 kills and 4 kills around 6 mins mark. I tried my best to push their wave out and we managed to kill their first sentry by 12 mins as I sacrificed myself to deal the killing blow. P.S. we were killing Attikus like no tomorrow, he had about 6 deaths when the first sentry went down.

However, our Cinderella is about to lose her pretty dresses and glass heels. As soon as Attikus hits level 5, we felt like a wave tsunami and earthquake hit us. I flew up and down, it was never ending, by the time I was on the ground…oh wait, that’s my corpse! I’m dead already???

The nightmare did not end there. Attikus went on a steroid rampage and he got a quad kill and our 1st sentry was gone. By the time he got another quad kill, our 2nd sentry was gone. His end score was 19/8.

History repeats itself.

kbyethanks #nerfATTIKUSPLEASE

It’s satire, clearly, please read the discussion taking place in the comments before shooting your mouth (fingers/thumbs) off.

I’m going to edit this topic with “satire” as it seems to not be obvious enough and is lost on some people.

2 Likes

I think im the only aatticus players that doesn’ttake any lifesteal helix . Imo they really dont keep me alive enoug .

That Marquis so bad

Pretty please stop with the Nerf requests, you guys are giving us PvE players an ulcer.

1 Like

She’s not that much trouble for me anymore regardless of my character her cc is her only useful aspect damage wise. Without it she’s not threat so if you can get it to proc then she’s vulnerable. Being unable to shoot her feet even though they’re clearly uncovered bugs me though. She’s great in team fights but otherwise I just steamroll her. She may escape rarely with the shield though. and her ult doesn’t make her invincible just harder to hit and reduced damage but it’s never been a real problem.

My best memory of playing against Attikus as Oscar Mike, on Incursion, Overgrowth:

I’m pretty sure he was level 7 at the time.

Attikus runs in the main entrance to our first sentry (still alive), by himself, and heads for the accelerator. I turn and begin shooting him in the back, as do our Sentry and turrets. He kills the accelerator and jumps to overlook platform with the turret and healing station. I follow, shooting. He destroys the healing station. I keep shooting. He kills the turret, circle-strafing around it. I’m still shooting him in the back. He jumps down, runs by the Sentry, and kills the turret by the sniper’s nest. I continue following and shooting. I’ve emptied 5 whole clips, mostly in his back. He leaves via the sniper’s nest stairs at ~33% health.

Woo :slight_smile:

I’m not saying Attikus is OP or whatever - I’ve played tons of games with tons of people who owned with various characters, but that was the best Attikus I’ve played.

Even better, the stacks don’t gradually disappear if you are only hitting once in every 2 or 3 attacks, and stay on for a good 3 seconds before you lose them by not hitting at all… which resets as soon as you do hit again.