Attikus- tips, tricks, N' balance discussion

(PSN:Santbech_2038) #22

Omg lvl 5 should be left not right!! Get the health regen… I dont know why it says left… I never use it

0 Likes

(Undead1) #23

Im gettin confused, what are you two talking about? Lolz

0 Likes

(Pain_Parade) #24

I use this build…focus on area of pounce and the slow effect. also ARC as much as possible to reduce the enemies damage output and chain arcs to the group. never stop punching and keep your meter full. Most of your damage is coming from arc, melee and, your ultimate. I run with attack damage, attack speed, and cooldown reduction gear.

http://battlebornforum.com/pages/battleborn-helix-build-editor-attikus/?rows=-1,-1,1,-1,-1,-1,1,-1,-1,-1,

0 Likes

(Kiddmewtwo ) #25

I find that interesting i usually use a different set of helixes although i do find 4, 6, and 8 to be really dependant on who am i fighting i do prefer quickening arc for 3 because it helps me seal some kills on characters like ambra also i run with attack damage and attacks speed but i do run reduced damage

http://battlebornforum.com/pages/battleborn-helix-build-editor-attikus/?rows=-1,-1,1,1,-1,-1,1,1,1,-1,

1 Like

(Pain_Parade) #26

i always enjoy the increased range on my pounce to make sure i catch you with slow…pounces damage is kinda negligible compared to what i’m gonna do with arc and melee. if ya wanna really get nasty you can exchange attack damage gear for boots of the brute…if you are slowing THAT hard then your speed vs. how slow you’ve made them can make the difference up. whatever works is best though :wink:

0 Likes

(SnazzySquid) #27

Does anyone know if Energetic Burst works with Staggering Pounce? Having an escape skill that also slows would be nice.

0 Likes

(PSN:Suii1221) #28

Vow of Vengeance ( potentially 18%+ Attack Damage )
Vow of Zealous Fury ( potentially 20%+ Attack Speed when combined with VoV )

Throw in Lifesteal from L1 & M2 Helix 45%
R3 - another 60% Damage potentially
L5 for some Regen ( up to 35 hps ) or M5 ( Depending on situation )
R7 - 20% more attack speed

Then whatever you feel works best in the mix and you’ve got one nasty beast

1 Like

(Undead1) #29

So ive played tons an tons of Attikus, hes the best, top pick no contender for my favorite still an the love grows more an more with every punch :wink:
However, im really starting to think he may need a little buffy buff in the pounce area, it does very little damage, (i kno i kno use it for escaping but hey when u see a character with low health you go for it) an it only silences when full stacks. Well im always using my stacks on my arc and ult, meaning the silence literally never comes into play. An when it does its when im full on stacks an taken damage hard an bounce outta there an then i just a: wasted my stacks an b: silenced sum grass around me.
So my idea for a buff, is either give pounce the silence ALWAYS an give him back the stun at full stacks (making using the stacks for pounce worth it) because Attikus is a large lumbering guy, he is easily spotted an shat on by range, hes weak to CC’s an other then that 1 sec silence that you’ll actually use maybe once every other match MAYBE, he has no CC’s unlike almost every other BB.
My other idea is give pounce a juicy DMG buff an increase the silence with stacks to 2+ seconds. Mostly because you were silenced for one whole second an unless that disrupts a skill already active it didnt matter at all considering Arc takes a second to charge over the gauntlet. Or you cld have hit them 1.5 times with your regular primary punches.

0 Likes

(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #30

true, I’ve started playing attikus recently…but I just use the level 5 regen choice and punch things to death(i’m amazed at how well that works for me) but maybe he’ll get some buff love in the future!

0 Likes

(Undead1) #31

Watch out for Galilea she’ll wrek Attikus.

1 Like

(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #32

thanks for the advice but ambra was my first mastery so i’m always wary of galilea!

1 Like

(Undead1) #33

Haha!! Im trying to get my lore for Attikus before i get my Ambra done, an i only need 460ish self heal points to finish her off so ive bin avoiding using ambra like shes the plague lmfao!
Right now im workin hard to get all the Jennerit characters lores done. Their my fav faction.

1 Like

Once you get your hands on his legendary, I hear it’s one of the viable ones. My friend that plays Attikus uses that and the Doomsday Key with a 0 cost generator. When I pocket him he adds Boots of the Brute in leu of the generator. If you aren’t a fan of legendaries, then I suppose more common attack damage, attack speed, or move speed would bode well

1 Like

I am reading Attikus’ abilities as we speak, and it says here that the pounce doesn’t have to be full charge to silence. Just figured it was worth mentioning in case you wanna take a look for yourself

1 Like

(Kennysded) #36

Full stacks gives increased shield damage. 200 at level one, I believe. The silence is just short. If you electrify your jump, it’s even better. His ult makes every first hit with electricity slow, per character hit.

1 Like

(Undead1) #37

Well slap me with a wet rubber chicken, your right. I mustve misunderstood when i read it.
Regardless, 1 sec of silence is just flat out not enough. After you land the pounce its takes a full second just to regain LoS because almost nobody just stands there as you land on them.

1 Like

Yeah. Well, one second is better than nothing. I was actually playing against 3 Attikuses (Attiki?) in chaos rumble yesterday and that silence was giving me a hard time. And it’s easily accessible. Idk, just playing devils advocate lol. The slow from his legendary also helps follow up after you pounce. I know my buddy relies on it a lot.

Also what’s LoS? I’m drawing a blank lmao :upside_down_face:

1 Like

(Undead1) #39

Lmfao well in chaos rumble im sure the silence wld be more aggravating in lue of the 3 seconds of overall silence per team fight/skirmish(cuz theres 3 of em) but in a normal match permitting of one Attikus per team the one second does nothing especially compared to any stun or slow or even Ghalts naughty hook.
LoS is Line of Sight.

Maybe after i get the legendary ill change my opinion, however everyone is crying for a competetive mode with no items at all so ill be right back to this issue if that ever happens lolz.

0 Likes

(Undead1) #40

An plz, nobody think im trying to say that silence isnt viable. It for sure is, i enjoy having silence in my arsenal of CC’s but in my opinion 1 sec is not enough to do anything with.
I want like 2.5 secs of silence. That be perfect. Obviously others with more experience or better understanding of the games overall balance may differ on this, but no one can say one second is fair an balanced especially compared to almoat every other characters CC’s.
An this is also not me wanting Attikus to be the best character in the game, he will always get wreked by stuns,slows, and ranged (that big ol’ noggin, how cld he not be?) but id like him just that much more viable.

0 Likes

(Kennysded) #41

If you (for some reason) got the damage at start of jump helix, I’m thinking that would also silence. Am I wrong?

1 Like