Attikus too Strong?! (Not Really)

At first I thought Attikus is a little too strong, but then I just realized that I was a little salty about how I could do nothing.
I get it guys. my bad. I admit I jumped the gun here.

2 Likes

ahem

U WOT!?!?

5 Likes

It’s his ultimate, and he has to have 5 charges to do it.

Not OP.

2 Likes

Get to know him before you actually say he is OP. Have you played him in any detail? He is a slow burn character. He peaks at level 5 when he can use a fully charged ultimate for some survivability. The damage on his ult isn’t that good and it needs 5 charges to be effective.

4 Likes

Attikus is OP?
Oh wait, you’re serious?

4 Likes

If you played Attikus in every single game solo you would not do that well because he’s a huge character and melee, big characters already have a hard enough time even if they’re ranged. Every game I play with or against and Attikus they get snipped and focused down to death much like a Galli but even easier to hit and Attikus’s in particular often gets denied a lot of EXP in the early game since his spells aren’t big nukes you can drop nor does he have a shield to block DMG like Galli. Of all the melee characters i’d say he’d be the most vulnerable to just getting slaughtered if caught out of position and there isn’t a lot of places he can be without a fully charged ultimate.

That team in each clip of what you showed off were not at all on the same page and were split up in each part and there wasn’t even that much damage coming out to begin with in your team comp. That was just an bad match, not Attikus being OP.

1 Like

this is how you attikus :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Can’t tell if serious or trolling. You know this is his ultimate right?

Why don’t you try actually playing him a couple rounds. Come back and tell us how OP he is then lol.

The consensus is that he’s one of the weakest Battleborn at the moment.

1 Like

Not gonna lie, your pic made me laugh, then I laughed at myself for being dramatic! Thanks for the reality check!

2 Likes

At least you have humility about it. But you took the vid down? You should leave it up.

1 Like

Really? Why?

Glad to be of service :sweat_smile:

It’s pretty easy to get caught up with the frustration of a particular character that’s played well, I know. Ambra, for exemple, doesn’t normally pose a threat to me/the characters I play. 2 days ago I got wrecked by an amazing Ambra player so hard I’m still in shock. Attikus can be a monster on the right hands, but he’s generally considered one of the lower tier characters. There have been plenty of calls for him to be buffed, but you’re the first to even suggest that he’s OP

1 Like

Hey, i’m the first? Do I get a medal? LOL If you don’t mind my asking, do you think Shayne/Aurox are kinda weak too? just cannot do consistently well with them. I try to play aggressive, I try conservative, flanking, leading the charge, but I get a 1 to 1 k/d tradeoff when I use her. What is your opinon of Shayne/Aurox, in Versus Mode?

Shayne & Aurox are the bane of my existence. I really need to get around to playing them to get my head around their skills. I get caught out only because I don’t understand their skills though. Knowing your enemy is winning half the battle, right? Someone like Attikus I’m wary of because that pounce has caught me out plenty too. I’m be chasing him while he’s low on health and then he’ll turn and pounce>stun and then I’m screwed. I try not to engage him until I’ve seen him use his pounce on another player/minion and I know I’ve got a window of opportunity while it’s on cooldown. You should run a few bot matches with him yourself to familiarise yourself with what he can and can’t do and how specific the circumstances have to be to perform well

1 Like

Will do, Thanks for the feedback and courtesy. Good luck with Shayne/Aurox. I was not fond of them.

1 Like

He’s a weaker Battleborn, but hardly a weak character. Just takes some getting used to using him and how to practically brawl with the guy. Once you have that down, along with realizing his skills are for very seldom use, you can wreck face with him very easily just at level 3.

Don’t really like him in Incursion. I play Meltdown and use the Shepard over shield for all it’s worth. Besides, Meltdown tends to be much more forgiving for late game characters, and Attikus experiences the most growth in strength from leveling of any Battleborn. Maybe save Boldur.

2 Likes

Very true. If you play Attikus on Overgrowth and the enemy has a few ranged characters it can get pretty nasty. I’ve tried it before and just felt like a target all game. Meltdown seems a lot kinder to Attikus.

2 Likes

There are times when Attikus feels like he never dies no matter what you throw at him. I’ve lost left click spam fests to him as Rath and felt pretty bad about it. He just straight up out tanks you.

Then there are times when Attikus dies to a sneeze after leaping in. No idea. Maybe I’m finding aimbotters heh.

I have done significantly better ever since I’ve decided to only use pounce to run. Better to leave the damage and not die later. I occasionally use it to chase, tho. Or confirm a kill.

1 Like