Autoloader vs Bang For Your Buck

I prefer Autoloader (the extra reload speed is also nice) but one has to give higher DPS than the other. Which one is that? IIRC it’s Autoloader but I don’t know for sure…

Autoloader overall gives more dps. I wouldn’t recommend taking it all the time though.

1 Like

Why would you not take it all the time?

My Marquis question is do you take the recoil reduction or +2 clip size?

Both are good. I guess you should only take -recoil if you truly are having issues landing shots. Sometimes a simple recoil gear is all you need, but if you don’t want to use any recoil gear, I’d understand. I bring the Stable Executioner along to cover recoil though.

1 Like

Autoloader is best used when there’s a lot of big targets. Bang for the buck is better for when there’s smaller, squishier characters that are more susceptible to bursts of damage.

I say recoil since it helps with landing shots but if you can do that and still handle the recoil, go for the +2.

1 Like

Sorry Suneater, I didn’t get to fully answer this question yesterday. My answer may overlap with others.
I would go with the extra clip cause you will need it in many situations. clearing minion waves killing a Battleborn. If you reach a point of when u get used to his recoil I think the reduction is not necessary. Training yourself to aim at small targets, crit spot, without the reduction is the fastest way to get used it.
I remember you were asking me about attack speed. I don’t focus on it cause my play style is all about how much damage I can get on one shot. When you’re up against good players using small characters, three shots are by average all you are gonna get to hit. Increasing attack speed dramatically kind of screws with my accuracy too. I like a 5%-8% increase. On helix 7 i always take right for more damage.
So when it comes to damage vs speed, in the end I think it’s a personal preference. But for me, I just like more damage with less shots cause it’s not easy sniping small targets.

1 Like

I must be the only Marquis to go for the Variable Scope :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think the Variable Scope thing should also come with increased zoom speed (so decreased zoom time). What I mean by that is, reduce the amount of time it takes for Marquis to look down his scope. That way this becomes a viable option for both close-range leet quikscopers and regular sniper Marquis’.

1 Like

I didn’t know that you had a forum account too, Bisco! Nice…

Uh… I hate Marquis no matter WHAT he takes, if he is in skilled hands. Snobby penguin hater…

1 Like

I love Marquis. Literally every single thing about him. Every. Single. Thing.

2 Likes

Oh yeah…? How about his lack of a soul?!

1 Like

Yep, it fits me, so it works out.

1 Like

The fact that he was subservient to that snobby know-it-all, Phoebe?

1 Like

Yeah, and now he can pop her skull open any time he wants with Bindlebane. And he laughs at it.

2 Likes

Okay, okay… One more and then i will concede…

The fact that he’ll never know what tea and crumpets taste like?

1 Like

Totally okay with that, tea and crumpets isn’t my cup of… tea…

1 Like

That joke was awesome…

2 Likes

I always take the clip size. I don’t notice much effect on recoil with Marquis.

1 Like

I like it the way it is. It would’ve been a nice buff, the one you’re suggesting, if it wasn’t for aim assist. If aim assist was removed altogether (which I would like, but that’s another discussion), then I’d be all for it. Don’t want aim-assist exploiting by quickscoping Marquis(es…?) :no_mouth: