Axe-assin - Boldur PVP Build Guide (Updated on 1.05)

(alltheshinies) #1

I made a build for Boldur I call “Axe-assin”. Here’s the guide for it!

Prerequisites:

Character Rank 7 (Desperate Rage helix)

Helix Selections:

1 - (RIGHT) Crash Helmet
2 - (LEFT) Long-Distance Dash
3 - (RIGHT) Deft Defender
4 - (LEFT) Hatchet Man
5 - (MIDDLE) Desperate Rage
6 - (LEFT) Axterminator
7 - (LEFT) Wildblood
8 - (LEFT) Aegis of Anger
9 - (LEFT) Death and Axes
10 - (LEFT) Axe Mastery

Incursion/Meltdown Gear:

◄Survivor’s Regrowth Serum►
+14.00 Health Regeneration per Second
+7.00 Health Regeneration per Second after surviving for 180 seconds

◄Bola’s Target Finder►
+9.10% Skill Damage
+5.04 Attack Speed
Damaging enemies with skills increases damage dealt to them by +5.60% for 10 seconds.

◄Symbiotic Gauntlet►
+8.84% Attack Damage
+204 Maximum Health
Gain up to +8.84% Attack Damage based on current percentage of max health.

Face-Off Gear:

◄Survivor’s Regrowth Serum►
+7.00 Health Regeneration per Second after surviving for 180 seconds

◄Cognitive Protector►
+9.10% Skill Damage

◄Symbiotic Gauntlet►
+8.84% Attack Damage
+204 Maximum Health
Gain up to +8.84% Attack Damage based on current percentage of max health.

Capture Gear:

◄Artificial Vitae►

◄Cognitive Protector►
+9.10% Skill Damage

◄Antiquated Ekkuni Wristguard►
+9.10% Attack Damage
-140 Maximum Shield Strength

3 Likes

(killer.dale@gmail.com) #2

I think this is the standard boldur build.

0 Likes

(Vech24) #3

Build looks pretty dope. I’ll look into slotting Attack speed to see what kind of results I get.

Also it was helpful to learn about:

• Holding L2 (shield block) while using the basic attack R2 to for better DPS.
  • The Ultimate granting a free axe return if you have just thrown it.

EDIT: (6/29/16)

I’m in love with Boldur now. I run this build and it does wonders except my gear loadout looks different. I’d like a Rune that does % Healing Received and Skill Damage but no luck yet on drops:

Eviscerating Ability Catalyst (Epic)
+6.04% Skill Damage
+4.84% Attack Speed

Survivor’s Symbiosis Rune (Rare)
+12.32% Healing Received
+8.62% Healing Received after surviving for 180 seconds.

Vow of Vengeance (Legendary)
+9.80% Attack Damage
+5.60% Attack Speed
Stack +.98% Attack Damage with every melee hit. Max 10

0 Likes

(alltheshinies) #4

I updated the build for version 1.05 of the game.

1 Like

(froz) #5

This kind of gear (-max shield strength) decrease the total Overshield you get from Level 1 Right Helix. :frowning:

1 Like

(alltheshinies) #6

Ahh crap you’re right. You can see how much Face-Off and Capture I play, I didn’t even notice lol. I’ll fix that above and add a note on the video, thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

(froz) #7

You are welcome, thank you for all your hard work on this video and build, congratz!

0 Likes

(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #8

I play with a very similar helix but I change the level 7 to the regen, and I use all regen gear with it. After level 7 I consistently have about 60 regen

0 Likes

(Cade) #9

But if you don’t run full HP gear how are you going to do 500+ damage a swing at 10?

0 Likes

(beta382) #10

Depends. What are the actual values that Axe Mastery gives now? I know it’s broken right now so that it’s much more than advertised (and more than it was before the “nerf”). Before the “nerf”, taking Axe Mastery gave 2% every 100 health, iirc. This made a standard +280 health piece give you +5.6% attack damage. Compare that to +9.1% attack damage if you just took a gauntlet instead.

Without legendaries, you can stack a blue gauntlet and two purples with secondary attack damage for +27.96% attack damage, plus 280 max health (purple Jennerit vest). You can alternatively stack for +910 max health, plus 9.10 attack damage (purple Eldrid gauntlet). At level 10, with Death and Axes at full stacks, Boldur should have 3245 base health if I did my math right.

With the old Axe Mastery, this would yield +118.18% attack damage for the AD stack, or +99.76% attack damage for the max health stack. Axe Mastery would have to grant roughly +85% attack damage (yes, you read that right) per 100 health to make a max health stack more beneficial than a max AD stack, in terms of raw damage output (of course, a max health stack has benefits other than making Axe Mastery pure BS).

Math:

1.091 * 1.0546^3 * (1 + ((3245 + 280) * x/100)) = 1.091 * (1 + ((3245 + 910) * x/100))
x = 0.843

0 Likes

(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #11

See the reason I quit stacking max health was because I just play him as an unkillable boldur, 60 health regen almost constantly means I almost never fall back for more than a few seconds

0 Likes