Surprise, the wiki is wrong! It states:
Once the second playthrough is finished, it is impossible to gain any more SDUs from the Claptrap Rescue Missions. The only known legit way for a character in playthrough 2.5 to gain SDUs is to finish the Claptrap Rescue Missions in a multiplayer game hosted by a player who didn’t finish the second playthrough.
This is untrue, but I am not yet sure exactly what IS true. Right now, I have a Lilith in PT2.5. I did the normal PT1 rescues for 42, and the first five PT2 vanilla for 57.
Then, I completed PT2 (killed the destroyer) and started doing DLC. Yesterday I sprinted through the Claptrap DLC in PT1 for the skill point…and guess what? I got the backpack SDU from the “rescue” mission. This is supposed to be impossible. So - out of curiosity, I sprinted through the Zombie DLC too…and got that one as well. Both of these were on the first try, so it seems likely that these are guaranteed regardless of what playthrough your character has completed. I also have gotten the one in the Claptrap DLC in PT2, while in PT2.5.
So - there are some holes and I’d appreciate some help filling them.
- PT1 start - 12 slots
- PT1 vanilla - 10 rescues (guaranteed SDUs), 42 slots
- PT1 zombie (guaranteed SDU even in PT2.5) - 45 slots
- PT1 claptrap (guaranteed SDU even in PT2.5) - 48 slots
- PT2 vanilla - here is where the questions start!
– first five are not guaranteed but are possible - 63 slots
– are we REALLY sure that none of the other 5 can yield SDUs? I would think that if these were possible, someone would have noticed…but I’m questioning it.
- PT2 zombie (not guaranteed, but possible even in PT2.5?) - 66 slots
- PT2 claptrap (not guaranteed, but possible even in PT2.5) - 69 slots
- Lockdown Palace PT1 “or” PT2 - 72 slots
– supposedly you can only get this one time. This doesn’t make sense to me…none of the others work this way. Are we REALLY sure about this?
I think I’ll try to get 75 in my current playthrough. Anyone else feel like giving it a shot?
PT1 DLC SDUs with a PT2.5 Lilith: