Backup saves help

I made a back up saves through steam because of an issue with my keyboard not responding so i want to switch my original saves and my back up to see if that will solve the problem. but in the back up it has 16 folders thats named file named Disk_1-16 and in the original save data file it has no save file named like that or 16 folders, so how do i switch the back up and the original? do i just take out whats inside the save data and switch it with my entire back up or do i have to switch out a specific folder with another folder?

YEAH, you backed up your entire steam library I’m guessing, to have 16 disks. check the file sizes on them. a BL2 save shouldn’t be more that 100 kb or so.

The “Disk_1-16” is the game files backup.
For your game profile/character saves should be in - Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData and you can copy this folder for backup.
If you accidentally deleted you local game files, you can use the steam backup and restore feature to restore your game back from the Disk_1-16.

Thanks for telling me that, can you also tell me where i put my back up files if i want to replace that for the original game files. I would also appreciate it if you would tell me where and if i put my copy of the SaveData folder in my back up game files.

I’m not sure if this is the correct answer for your question but you can put the game backup files and save data anywhere you want. Maybe in the same folder for easy access.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8794-yphv-2033

Thanks for answering, but no that did not answer my question. I would like to know how I can use the backup files and the copy of my save data. I tried just dropping in the back up files and the copy of my save data after removing the original folders(WillowGame, Binaries and Engine) in my borderlands 2 folder but after I start the game up again it just made exact copies of the original folders. so do i have to uninstall my borderlands 2 once and then drop the copy of my current data and what can or do i do with the game files backup?

I’m sorry because i’m not sure what the problem is. Maybe this link can help you.