Bad framerate, unplayable

Hi,

I am experiencing heavy lag. Mouse cursor lags, and frame rate is so bad that this is unplayable for me.

I have just bought a new laptop, i7-4720HQ, GTX 960M 4GB, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, so this should run smooth on FullHD resolution and with high settings at least. According to some benchmarking sites i should be able to run even on ultra. I have GeForce experience program that also recommends to optimize with Ultra settings with my system.

Is my laptop really capable to run on at least high settings without lag, and how can i try to fix this?

I have already gone through settings and disabled almost everything, and still it is lagging so much that i cannot play. Even the mouse lags a lot. I lowered the resolution which helped a little, but not much, and i still think my system should handle it better.

I would be thankful if you could help me! smile

Hmm.

1.Check your power settings, make sure it’s not on power saving mode or anything. Set it to High Performance.

2.Ensure you are starting the game with your Nvidia GPU and not the integrated gfx. Right click on the game shortcut and select Nvidia. (this isn’t on all models).

3.Update your drivers?

1. Check your performance in task manager when game is running.

Some people have been reporting low framerates when there shouldn’t be any.

I’m like 90% certain the game is defaulting to your on-board graphics and not the 960M.

Make sure the the game is set up in the 3D settings manager thingy.

Hi,

Yes, now its working. I had Nvidia settings to automaticly choose between integrated and seperate graphics card. I have now set gtx 960m as default. No lag on ultra.

Thank you so much! :slight_smile: