Id Like to see SMGs buffed in the game generally, but i had a specific idea for The Boomer that would mean that it remains unique while improving it.
Lets start out with the issues of the boomer.
- Poor Base damage numbers - at around 4-5k a bullet it just cant compete with so many other splash weapons.
- Locked to Fire or Non elemental - i wouldn’t change this, it is just a negative of the gun.
- Low DPS - combined with the base damage it also has a small mag and this means the dps is very low.
Compared to the Kaoson, its closest comparison, it is out damaged because the Kaoson effectively hits twice. And the flipper out does these both on ammo cost and damage output.
So here is what i would do.
- Increase base damage on a level 60 version to around 14k per bullet - an annexed version would be around 11-12k per shot x2
- Increase Ammo cost to 2 per shot (3 for annexed version)
With these changes i think it would be slightly better than the Kaoson currently, and would rival the flipper as a good splash option, as a higher ammo cost, but higher accuracy gun.
It also makes sense that big exploding bullets take up more space and would be “2 ammo per shot”