Basic PVP Tips That WILL Save Your Life!

At @dantesolar 's suggestion, this is getting its own thread.

Oh man this could be a long list LOL I used to be so bad.

First and foremost, PATIENCE.

Never rush in if you don’t have an escape, enough survivability, and / or appropriate back up.

Play Melee characters carefully and choose your battles wisely, do not get impatient and try to rush in, especially against ranged-heavy teams.

Always stick with your team unless you absolutely have a reason not to (ie, a valid chance to flank, encircle or Backdoor, but even then, regroup ASAP).

IF YOU ARE GALILEa OR ISIC OR BOLDUR, REMEMBER TO USE YOUR DAMN SHIELD!!!

Don’t peel off to get Thralls at bad times or if you don’t need them. Stay with your team.

As ERNEST or Kleese or Ambra or even Miko for his ultimate, choose safe, hard for the enemy to reach spots for your Eggs / Rifts / sunspots / Mushroom head.

DO NOT BUY THE CENTER INCURSION LIGHTNING TURRET UNLESS YOU CAN DEFEND IT. Also, do not destroy it just for the sake of destroying it if you are not even in the area it threatens, this will just let the enemy rebuy it and feed on the experience.

If you find you are dying a lot, hang back. Gather shards, build stuff, grab Thralls. Just don’t rush in to get killed again to feed the enemy.

Use a cheap or free shard generator (if it’s a free one, make sure the negative ability on it does not affect your character).

If you are on mic with people, even if you are the only one on mic, try to call out warnings, when you see weak enemies, when you are going to try to stun someone, when you need covering fire for retreat or distracting fire for a sneak attack, etc.

Remember that back Thralls respawn every 2 minutes (28, 26, 24, etc) and that middle double Thralls respawn every 5 minutes (25, 20, 15, 10, 5).

Last but not least - IF YOU ARE LOW ON HEALTH, FIND A SAFE SPOT AND PRESS “DOWN” ON YOUR DIRECTIONAL PAD TO TELEPORT BACK TO BASE!!!

Hope this was helpful!

13 Likes

Your all over the place tonight. Lol
Good tips

3 Likes

Slept in too late.

Hangover finally gone.

DO NOT DRINK COFFEE IN THE EVENING!

runs a marathon and writes an entire novel

@lemonheadjake

4 Likes

…In this game, shields are a myth.

1 Like

goes into a catatonic state while having a traumatic flashback of Warfare Rumble

@wisecarver

…From my perspective, it is one of my main pevs in this game.
Advanced Story and high OPs missions, your shield is practically useless.
You can equip gear that grants you +140 shield, but anything that looks at you does 3k dmg.

Sure in PvP Thorn with +140 shield may have an edge, but in the games I’ve mentioned, myth.

2 Likes

Uhhhh, what is this PVE you speak of?

Lawlz…

:joy::sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@wisecarver

1 Like

I said, Advanced Story missions and any of the dlc at high OPs points.
Unless you’re Kelvin your shield is not helping, you can only survive with health adds and dmg reduction.
Well, for some characters you can do without the damage reduction but you have to dance with a skill.
Sorry if this seems like an Angry Joe review :wink:

4 Likes

I understood.

I was making a joke since I rarely play PVE.

@wisecarver

2 Likes

I assume your talking about OG, and buying the center lightning turret is a valid strategy to help push the enemy team out of mid, and like you said in your second comment, you can feed on exp if you have abundance of shards to waist anyway

2 Likes

One thing to add, which admittedly took way too long for me to realise, is that the character icon above the health/shield pools will get two yellow half-circles pulsating when you’re pinged which may help you prepare for or avoid being targeted.

1 Like

The basic example I’ll use is Kleese since this applies to him a lot in particular but helps most characters as well

When you’re learning a new character watch what other people do, or what gear they take, then when you get the chance take a look at the helixes of the character. When all else fails “monkey see, monkey do”

When you see something weird ask yourself why they’re built that way, you may see something you can use yourself

Patience is your best friend, everything has a weakness to take advantage of if you’re able to recognize the opportunity in front of you.

Learn to fight in the group but also learn to take advantage and flank or avoid the fight altogether for an advantageous position.(build a rift network behind the line so your team has a backup plan)

Again patience, wait for a good shot. Using Kleese as the example his abilities can turn the tide more with a little patience, Kleese with a phoebe and an aurox. Do you fire your mortar barrage immediately or wait for your allies to engage?(I’d say it’s more beneficial to wait most of the time because you can both heal your allies shield and damage enemies especially with bouncy mortars)

“Fight on your terms, not theirs” if I’m fighting you and I pick how we engage it isn’t going to go well for you the majority of the time. So don’t play my game, make me play yours. Think as you play, before long it’ll be second nature before long.

2 Likes

I just thought I should throw this on here. Why aren’t these threads stickies yet? 100 Ways to Survive Solo PvP

2 Likes

Idk if I could ever call buying the center shock “wasting shards.” That turret swings team fights so even if all that purchase does is cause the enemy team to stop attacking you for 2 seconds to attack the shock, in addition to the exp, that is worth it. I think the only way you can waste shards is buying the thumper or stinger by your first sentry right before the sentry goes down.

3 Likes

@loving-hatred

Are you saying that Kleese’s level 1 left hand Helix is actually a viable choice?

I’ve literally NEVER taken it!

yeah I was saying that more hypothetically in response to Flames, the center shock turret is important to try and buy when it goes down especially if you have a stealth character if you’re pushed out of mid to try and start getting a push going.

Oh I just thought of a waistful sitution! It would be a waist is if you barge through the enemy teams front line and buy it just to feed the enemy team for a kill

1 Like

Extremely situational, but yes very viable with a shield heavy character like aurox around, think of enemies fighting your aurox and as soon as the shield pops you restore it from the back line with a bouncy mortar barrage that ALSO damages enemies around who are already damaged from fighting aurox.

1 Like

suspicious side-glance

1 Like

You do realise he means hand held shields right

2 Likes

It has a weakness… Your team can screw a kill…

Mortars can deal 1k+ dmg, enough to burst down a lot of characters, but if a friend get in the line of fire the mortars will get wasted on their shields.

So be carefull the first lvls before bouncy mutation.

Edit: why i am i replying to you… thid was suppous to be a replay for @FlamesForAll

3 Likes