Battle PS4 July Tournament Rules (Not finalized)

(roytrujillo12) #41

Space lasers is still banned, haha

(PSN: SirWalrusCrow) #42

It’s somewhat strange how OM’s Airstrike and/or Space Laser has come into debate after his primary attack’s base damage was buffed. Suppose it makes sense though if more players started playing him as a result which made more turn attention to the rest of his kit as well.

He used to be what most Deandes & Thorns are now; Just a triangle.

His invisibility is fine. He needs it to distinguish himself from other characters to fill a unique role as the only stealth based shooter.

His airstrike, and by extension Space Lasers, is also fine. The rockets are widely scattered, no player will conceivably get struck by all of them. It’s a fantastic area of denial tool, clearing large waves, but is limited in going for specific targets as well as just not being able to use it in areas with relatively low ceilings. Space lasers mitigates those shortcomings, but it also removes the area of denial aspect of the ult and may be a hindrance for waveclear depending on how the wave is scattered.

His grenade is also fine. -ish. I would’ve liked for the initial radius of the AoE to be returned, but that’s another discussion. It’s fine in the sense of not being problematic.

His base attack damage however, is not fine. It’s too strong in relation to his lack of direct counterplay & applicability of said damage.

Unlike other ranged DPS characters, he can effectively be used as a pseudo CQC character, popping around corners with ease to tear someone or something down that’s right in front of him.

His relatively small size allows him to pop in and out sporadically without much punishment short of general CC, his small projectiles allows him to be more precise against a crowd and he with the ACOG scope he can maintain his damage at sniper distance should the target survive when close. No character with such a kit should pack such a punch as his baseline damage

Whiskey, who otherwise also fits that description, has to juggle 2 major buffs. One’s situational, the other one’s specific. But I’m not even sure if he even breaks even at this point w/ Oscar Mike’s damage. I could imagine early game, but wouldn’t be surprised if Oscar Mike comes on top late game. That’s obviously just speculation though.

As for the backdooring potential, I don’t find Oscar Mike himself to be too much of an issue for the most part.

I can’t say I like playing “Where’s DongStar Mike?”, but I don’t find it to be much different than “300 vs. Desperate Persian Housewives” or getting the vaccination “Bye-SICk”.

At this point, I’m just curious as to why

when

I somewhat question

because Shayne at level 10 has around 3000 effective health, which would take Space Lasers 4 seconds to cut through, not 1.5.

Battleborn PS4 July Tournament (Updated 7-1-2018) | Watch this space for updated information
(Not a "Li'l Assbirb!") #43

Fair enough; it is his insanely high DPS combined with his high-damage ult that makes him such a pain in the ass in regards to backdooring. In truth, the damage buff pisses me off more than his backdooring, because Oscar Mike now melts Toby faster than Montana, from farther away, and with less ability to counter him because of his size… :unamused:

Battleborn PS4 July Tournament (Updated 7-1-2018) | Watch this space for updated information
(BM tutor) #44

His entire kit works together entirely too well. Not just one way to tone him down.

(Jennerit Supremacist) #45

Just replace OM with another WF clone. Problem solved.

(PSN: SirWalrusCrow) #46

Amen. It’s rather obnoxious to see more veterans picking him, and then proceed to chase you way hard. Thankfully the rate’s declined, but it still happens.

He’s all about damage. Nerf that, you nerf his entire kit.

• Reverse the 18% damage increase to his basic attack.

• Potentially nerf airstrike to redjust for the attacker bonus to bring the damage more in line to what it used to be so it doesn’t deal 5.2K+ damage to sentries at 10.

Not sure about the last one, I’m somewhat indiffirent. Haven’t run the math to find out how much of a decrease it’d have to be or what the base damage would be at 10, so it could be useless for all I know.

I’m down. “Vodka WolfSprout”?

(Jennerit Supremacist) #47

No it’s gotta be phonetics. Alfa, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, Hotel, India, Juliett, Kilo, Lima, Mike, November, Oscar, Papa, Quebec, Romeo, Sierra, Tango, Uniform, Victor, Whiskey, X-ray, Yankee, Zulu.

I personally vote for Papa Victor.

(PSN: SirWalrusCrow) #48

Stickig to that theme then, I’d vote for either Alfa Zulu, Papa Yankee or Golf Echo.

With that last name, I’m now just imagining a Whiskey-esque character wearing a typical posh Scottish golfing outfit with a golfbag full of guns which are all equipped with silencers which in turn fires golf balls to the sound of faint applauds.

(Not a "Li'l Assbirb!") #49

Screw that, let’s see a female… Uh… Whatever race Oscar and Whiskey are (I’m ashamed and disappointed that I can’t remember right now):

Juliett Kilo Lima (JKL = “Just Kidding Loser”)

(Darth Huggles) #50

I think gearbox needs to buff el dragons hp by 18% to counter oscar.

Ernest also needs his lv5 wound to apply to his quick melee

… I’m serious about the second one I want it

(The Title Master) #51

Alpha Sierra Hotel Bravo Whiskey Echo Hotel. Can’t think of a better name!

Will Nihilism be banned?

(roytrujillo12) #52

Yup, made a new post with current teams, free agents and rules. Im still adding to rule set so its no finished.

(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #53

Please continue all relevant discussion in the following thread.