Battleborn Compatiblity Requirement Question

Hello Gearbox Staff and as well as Borderlands/ and Or Battleborn Fans I have a question about Battleborn that has been on my mind ever since The Announcement of a PC version of the game. I have an i7 Inspiron Laptop windows 7 will Battleborn be compatible to an i7 Inspiron? Please Respond. and I know that if I love Borderlands then I will Love Battleborn.

i wouldnt recommend playing an mmo-ish game on a laptop, especially on high, but you should be fine.

I’m sure Gearbox will publish system requirements closer to the release date of the game. Lots of optimization happens during the last few months of development when software is feature complete. Can you play Borderlands on your laptop? If so, you should be able to play Battleborn, since both use the Unreal 3 engine. Keep in mind, requirements for Battleborn might be higher than Borderlands being a game designed with the newest consoles in mind.

1 Like

Both former posts make good points - games like Battleborn or Borderlands are difficult to handle for most laptops and notebooks.

@TigerShard made a good point: If you can play “Borderlands: The PreSequel” without lags and stucking effects, your laptop should be able to handle Battleborn as well.
The PreSequel has quiet high requierements for computers and I had alot of friends who got insane by lagging on their laptops and I´d assume Battleborn could have even higher requierements, at least for multiplayer. (For me bad internet connection will be the worst problem…)

@Ganjamira @Tigershard thanks for your Opinions and yes I have played Borderlands on my Laptop it was Borderlands 2 that I played, I have never played Borderlands The Pre-Sequel on my Laptop yet… I was trying to make sure that Battleborn would be compatible for my Laptop before I Pre-Order it

Thanks @Poisonedbite and hopefully it will work just fine because I purchased my i7 Inspiron Windows 7 back in fall of 2011 and since its been that Long I was trying to make sure that its compatible for it so I can Pre Order it from Steam. because I sure don’t want to waste 60 dollars on a game for my laptop and it wouldn’t be compatible

You can also just not preorder it, but rather wait and see if it will run on your hardware when its released.

Understandable^^ Well, then I think its best to keep eyes widely open for any new info they may release in that matter. Its still much time for pre-ordering and gathering crucial info.

the borderlands games have very low minimum requirements. its the physx that’ll kick your ass, as there’s a lot going on on high.

I’m not sure about final compatibility stats to be honest, but I’d be happy to look into it for you!

This is more or less accurate. We/2K won’t have system reqs/recos ready until a bit closer to launch. If you can play a lot of current games on your laptop without issues, you’ll probably be alright though. We’re not making anything that’s out there to destroy machines!

cough cough witcher 3 cough cough

thanks everyone for your opinions I find them very helpful… you all have pretty good points

BTW: here are the recommended minimum specs for the upcoming Closed Technical Test:

Processor: Intel Core2 Extreme CPU Q6850/ AMD A8-3870k (Quad Core CPU’s)
Memory: 6 GB
Hard Disk Space: 70 GB free
Video Memory: 2 GB
Video Card: AMD HD 7700/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or better, PhysX support
Sound: DirectX 11 Compliant

Damn, my laptop meets all that except the video card. I was hoping I could play Battleborn on my laptop without it dry heaving.