Battleborn Crashing

On PS4 BB continues to crash every 5 or 6 matches. Does anyone know if this is something else that has to wait for a big patch? Between the crashes and disconnects it’s becoming impossible to play.

Should I be sending error reports to Sony every time this happens?

3 Likes

I consider you one of the great BB faithfuls, part of the true faithfuls here.
That being said, imagine my rage for these issues that are on-going.
Every since the Amazon thing, nothing but server problems.

1 Like

I don’t understand why I still enjoy playing, just setting myself up for the frustration I know will come. Too stubborn I guess. I can’t say I understand the Amazon connection and don’t understand how it keeps BB from working properly. Does it keep all games from working, or just BB?

2 Likes

GBX uses Amazon’s AWS cloud service to host the servers. There was an outage of their billing system a while back that effectively also took down huge swaths of their actual cloud servers, shuttering multiple web sites hosted on the system. Things got restored, and Amazon claims no data was lost, but the servers do seem to have been iffy since then. There was also the winter update though, which included a bunch of server side updates, so it’s also possible some unintended consequence there. And then there’s always the possibility that some doofus is deliberately targeting GBX game servers with some sort of attack, but who knows?

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s been happening 5-6 times a day for me the last few days, as well!

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Sad to say, but I suspect the problem is with the winter update. Surely Amazon hosts other games and I think we’d have heard something if they are all having problems.

1 Like

Amazon claims no data was lost, and I suspect that’s correct since the admin error on the billing system simply shut down the servers, rather than doing anything serious. I would imagine the GBX programmers are pulling their hair out about this situation right now; they have to track down problems that could be the result of odd edge cases or memory leaks between their own code, how the AWS servers operate, and how all that interacts with the PSN/Steam/XBL networks. Not a trivial task at all.

3 Likes

…I’m playing Bots right now with people saying their Solo/Duo queues are not working.

1 Like

I thought Solo/Duo was Wednesday, not Thursday? O.o

It’s a box of bees

True but it was active this morning, right now it’s gone.

Passed this on to the team for investigation. Thanks, guys!

2 Likes

Soo… is there any word on this? It’s been several days, and more than half of my matches devolve into packet loss hell. The servers are just awful, for many weeks now.

2 Likes

Hi Matt,

I’m going to PM you to see about getting a few more details.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Joel,

If you need details, then specifically what info do you need? It’s been crashing for me and most everyone else on PS4 quite a lot since 2 hotfixes ago and it would be great to know this info before hand rather than after the fact :slight_smile:

Any specifics you can offer would be helpful, such as:

-When this happens
-Is there a specific action that seems to cause it (Example: “I select PVP and then the game crashes”, etc.)?
-Steps to reproduce the issue can be hugely helpful
-Any relevant screenshots

Hey guys,

Checking in on this. The team is working hard to reproduce these crashes in testing, and you guys can help us. We need to see if we can get some support IDs from you as many of you as possible. Any other details that might help us reproduce this would be helpful too (mode you were playing in when the disconnect happened, wi-fi or hard connection, anything else that might be notable, etc.)

Thanks!