Battleborn D&D Homebrew!

(Natsume Ryu) #21

Tonight’s game went wonderfully! We had quite a bit of chat interaction on twitch near the end, and A LOT of 1’s and 20’s!

The VOD is up on twitch, and a reminder that one slot is open for Kit’s second BB campaign - if youre interested let me or him know! Here’s the discord (link is for 24hrs from post): https://discord.gg/Yg8jQh

That Tuesday game is scheduled to start this upcoming Tuesday (2/26), so expect a stream then, in addition to the current Thursday game!

3 Likes
(Natsume Ryu) #22

We won’t have a stream tomorrow, since it’s the first game for this group and therefore their tutorial game. I’m still trying to figure out if I should have a seperate thread since it will be a completely seperate adventure with seperate people and I’ll be providing synopses for both games and I don’t want folks to get them confused. But it’s the same rules and will be in the same universe (I have been told sometimes Kit’s games affect each others’ adventures). I can make a second thread if it gets too confusing. :slight_smile:

Game 2, Eldrid Game Players:
Dr. Scimitar “Crackers”, the Aventail (a Macaw Aviant) played by Benedict_87
Zulkas, the animated Aztanti Golem played by Dave
Takeshi “Moonflower” Tolguacha, the Aelfrin played by Dr. Infinity
Rankine the Pangol (Pangolin inspired species) played by NatsumeRyu

3 Likes
(Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon, that is a glorious wingspan!) #23

I WAS DRUGGED!!!

4 Likes
(Natsume Ryu) #24

I wish I had streamed tonight, we had a blast practicing in war games with the LLC.

Various fun snippets:
Takeshi drugged Crackers…twice.
Rankine snuck in a base by posing as a saleperson and later demanded to speak with a manager to try and keep them from discovering Crackers hacking attempts.
Zulkas performed the ultimate ding-dong-ditch distraction by hitting a wall so hard he knocked a hole in it, and then led the LLC retaliators on a crazy run through the woods.

3 Likes
(Natsume Ryu) #25

I’m afraid we had two players have to drop for irl reasons tonight, so no game today! I’m going to hop on Battleborn, so there will still be a stream :slight_smile:

2 Likes
(Natsume Ryu) #26

Tuesday game in 10 minutes! Join us! (I’ll edit this with synopsis afterwards, I think that might work best for future posts to keep the posts numbers down)

3/5 Tuesday Eldrid Game 1, post training exercises!

We take our team’s ship, lovingly dubbed “Uyidim,” out into darkspace. The coordinates lead us to…A building? With a perfectly in tact landing pad for our corvette? As we exit our ship we’re greeted with a host of old minions itching for a fight, thinking we’re some kind of enemies - we dispatch with them only to be greeted by an AI that welcomes us into this…Museum of Natural History. The AI uses a striker bot to give us a brief tour of the museum, also taking us to the food court. This building is a strange place - Crackers notices that as we’ve been walking the rooms in the facility have been shifting. He asks the AI about this, to which the AI, named 5H4UN (Shaun?), replies that he wants to take us directly to the rooms we’re interested in and not through any rooms we’ve already visited. Crackers mentions his interest in the Aviant exhibit…
Our team is led into a room filled with minions, and plenty of machines to process new exhibits, the exit closing behind us. 5H4WN refuses to let us leave.
Our team handily deals with the onslaught of bots only to have the struggle of escaping looming before them, else 534N continues to send bots until we are overwhelmed and a part of the museum. Stuck in a building with moving rooms and an AI in control of many various defensive functions of the facility, we force open, break through, and hack our way along multiple corridors finally breathing the sweet air of freedom outside, with our poor ship locked down and 5H4UN’s voice still echoing around us…

(Terrible grammar I know, but I’m behind on these synopses and I’m faster at them if I do them straight after game!)

4 Likes

Just curious, did you deliberately spell Shaun’s name three different ways?

(Natsume Ryu) #28

Most deliberately!

2 Likes
(Natsume Ryu) #29

Our fourth Thursday Jennerit game is in ~3 hours! Join us! I don’t think we have any idea what our next mission bit is!

3/7 Jennerit Thursday Game 4:
Having just left the lab, fairly beaten down, chasing down what appear to be escaping thrall, our Jennerit team rushes outside only to have the Thrall turn on them and unleash hailfire. So. Many. Bullets. Before we can do much, it feels like we’ve all thoroughly taken a beating, but we still fight back - if we can keep these thrall from running away, maybe we can find out what they were here for?

There’s an enforcer among their ranks which we immediately try to gang up on, Vespillo dispatching a number of smaller thralls along the way. As soon as we feel like we’re getting the upper hand on the Enforcer, however, he takes off, his fellows covering for him. They continue to rain shots down on our clustered crew, and we begin to fall, struggling to keep each other up long enough to whittle them down, as they mock us in our weakened state. Even so, we managed to survive the encounter and hurry to our cruiser to try and catch the escaped thrall.

Having been stuck struggling with the lackeys we had a lot of ground to cover, and got off to a rough start, crashing our ship shortly after take off. Thankfully we had called in some backup beforehand and hopped on one of their cruisers to continue pursuit. The chase brought us up through the wind and clouds covering tempest to the highest echelon cities, where we struggled to navigate the towers looming overhead. In a last ditch effort we tried to mimick one of their signals to send them the wrong way so we could catch up, which worked…until we clipped their ship and both of us went crashing down. Now we’ll never find out from their own mouths what they were there for, and why they were doing it…Our crew barely survived this mission…How will they come out the other side?

4 Likes
(Natsume Ryu) #30

Apologies for the late post! I just got home for the first time since basically last game. Tonights game was cancelled, I’m sorry I couldn’t forewarn you guys. :frowning: We are currently still on for this Thursday, but it may become a character building day since we all still have to finish our level ups and I think Kit wants to talk with everyone about where they want to take the characters. At the very least I hope to do some drawing (I think Kutcha may be next in line for a token) so I can stream that if everyone likes. :slight_smile:

3 Likes
(Natsume Ryu) #31

We’re doing our character upgrades atm. If we get done early enough so I can draw I’ll stream, otherwise, I’ll see everyone next Tuesday!

3 Likes
(Natsume Ryu) #32

Our Eldrid crew return tonight! Will they become stuffed exhibits in the museum? Or stuck entertaining 5H4WN to extend their lives? Tune in to find out!

3/19 Tuesday Game 2:
How terrible! We fight off more of 534N’s bots and are forced back inside to find 5H4UN’s core to shut him down, and free our ship so we can leave…You’ll have to watch to see what exhibits we passed through…and destroyed on our way to the core. Zulkas high fived 5H4WN at one point! Unacceptable!
We did manage to shut him down…eventually. We return home with information on the beacon, and warn them to NEVER FOLLOW ANY BEACON WITH THAT SIGNAL, EVER AGAIN. 534N sucks.

3 Likes
(Natsume Ryu) #33

Our DM Kitru has another obligation for most of the night, so rather than have a short session we have voted to wait till next week :frowning:

I’m considering hopping on bb tonight to stream instead. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
(Natsume Ryu) #34

Sadly, real life has gotten in the way of several of us again, so we’ll not be having a game today. :frowning: See you on Thursday!
I am streaming bb though!
Also, I’m quite curious if anyone has any thoughts or comments on the two campaigns so far! I have seen likes, but folks have been quiet. :slight_smile:

You may have also noticed I havcent started releasing these on youtube yet. I’m considering editing them into episodes to release to cut out dead air, add music, etc.

3 Likes
(Natsume Ryu) #35

I can’t stream tonight but I am recording our Jennerit game! I’ll get it uploaded when I am home again! :slight_smile:

It is on Twitch! I need to add a synopsis here later!

Jennerit Thursday Game 5 3/28
Our team of Jennerits gets a neato nutrient-rich location sent to them that they decide to investigate. It’s a lava planet, and as we approach we find a facility (with a landing pad) that still exists in tact among all this lava, so we drop off here and set our craft to wait above where its cooler.

Our crew splits into teams of two to explore the outer area - as soon as one team investigates the threshold leading down into the facility, lava critters pop out and attack us! Split up, the teams struggle to dispatch the toasty beasties, Charonte especially coming out in some pain.

Heading down into the depths of this mining facility, where some of the cooling systems are now failing, there are a few breaches into the hull where lava spews forth. Lavalings, as we have now dubbed them are milling about. They love Vespillo, Vespillo does not like them. Our team tries out all their new abilities they learned after our last adventure, and handle the lavalings in the entryway. (unfinished)

4 Likes
(David White) #36

It is totally acceptable to high five someone for saying souls are useless. I thought it was pretty funny.

3 Likes
(Natsume Ryu) #37

Find out where the Eldrid campaign goes tonight! Join the stream now!

4/2 Tuesday Game 3:
Rankine has received a personal message of distress from an old teammember & friend, Razza, and asks her team to help her check it out…The coordinates take us to a cold, frozen planet out in darkspace. We see where another ship landed, and park nearby, but we don’t know where the ship has gone - we get readings of bits of Eldrid ship pieces moving throughout the landscape. The team investigates a nearby canyon in hopes of finding one of these ship pieces that are moving around, only to be ambushed by a decently sized group of arachnoid beasts that spew freezing cold. The lovingly dubbed “Scabbugs” are dealt with with out too much trouble, and we continue exploring the canyon. Zulkas finds a cave entrance not too far in, which we decide to explore into before continuing along.

Inside is a very large number of Scabbugs of varying stages of life (Dr. Scimitar did some research!) and some bodies that we can’t ignore. Zulkas gets pulled in very deeply by the larger, older scabbugs, forcing the rest of the team to take some risks to ensure team survival. The biggest explosion yet to date went off without a hitch, and the team finishes the few remaining bugs to be able to inspect the bodies.

Dr. Scimitar decides to look up if the three distinct figures (a human, aelfrin, and helician) were part of an eldrid exploratory group - to which Rankine, who was reluctant to give up too much information earlier, privided that Razza was a Mephitid, in case it helped with the search. Crackers finds out that a team of such a composition was sent out on an exploratory mission not unlike our previous one, to this planet…Their bodies have been looted for technological devices but are otherwise in tact, and the bugs are certainly what killed them…Where is Razza?

We leave the cave…

3 Likes
(Natsume Ryu) #38

Big oof, we had two drops again today right before the game :frowning: So no Jennerit game tonight. Not sure what I’m going to stream in it’s place. Might do some BL:E.

You can watch last week’s game, which was not streamed, in the meantime!

2 Likes
(Natsume Ryu) #39

Help Rankine find her old friend on tonight’s stream!

–NOTICE!–
Dr. Infinity sadly had some irl things crop up that prevented him from attending several games ago and I’m afraid we haven’t heard from him since, so we are looking for someone to either fill his spot by taking over his character or make a new character to fill in the fourth slot (…such as Razza!). Same schedule as we currently have, DM for info!
–END NOTICE!–

4/9 Tuesday Eldrid Game 4:
Leaving the cave from last week’s portion of the adventure, we continue through the ravine following razza’s scent markers down a narrow crevasse. Scimitar is keeping an eye out from above when he hears chittering from a Scabbug ambush - sadly he gets surrounded while the team faces the rest of the group, Rankine setting fire to nearly all of them before the battle’s end. The team manages fairly well, all things considered, and hurredly moves on past the ravine to another section of open canyon. The Dr., having learned his lesson, still flies above, but pulls back to the team on sighting more Scabbugs ahead, past another cave. Rather than run into the unexplored cave and possibly be attacked from ahead and behind, the team holds position in a choke point and slightly ahead of the choke point to hopefully bait the bugs into desirable positioning.

Unfortunately for us, they moved around and pulled us apart from each other, destroying our setup. Rankine became harpooned but cut the wire before she got dragged up the cliff face. Scimitar was also harpooned, leaving Zulkas between some juveniles. Not seeing them, he ran past, both hitting him, his core shield protecting him from a crit, only to get to the one that harpooned the Dr, and getting critted by it, nearly taking him down. It was an epic manuever that failed miserably. I highly recommend a watch ( https://www.twitch.tv/videos/408868533 ). With the team pulled apart and all focusing on their own battles, Rankine gets cacooned and injected with a voracious larva eating her from the inside - suddenly making the battle much harder. Thankfully Takeshi finishes with the enemies crowding him and her so he stays nearby to keep her from dying while the other two struggle to survive their battles around the corner. Teamwork makes the dream work, as they say, and with multiple buffs from our bird friend they successfully finish off the last of the attacking party, only to crowd around Rankine’s writhing form to find out what’s wrong. With Scimitar helping him, Takeshi is able to extract the larva with only a bit of damage to Rankine. Without input from the hurt Pangol or our quiet Aelfrin friend the Aventail and golem argue over how to address the larva now that it’s been pulled out…Should it be left alive to be studies or destroyed for the damage it could cause? Neither was willing to waver on their stance, so, in the end, Zulkas overpowers Crackers and squashes the larva into the icey ground.

The matter settled, and the enemies dealt with, Crackers does a little more studying of corpses to determine properties (male and female differences!) of the scabbugs before we head into the cave, Rankine a little more gingerly than the others. Piles of dead Scabbug bodies lay inside, pushed out of the main path, each group rank with Mephitid scent. Razza is definitely nearby.

As we’re travelling deeper and deeper into the cavern, we come across a split path, both sides with traps discovered, and we argue over which path is safer to risk passing by the triggers…Dr. Scimitar decides to send some nanites to investigate the trap above the main path, where a liquid is suspended above, ready to dump down. Rankine, knowing Razza, is fearful of very harmful chemicals and asks everyone to step back. The nanites go crazy as they near the trap, triggering it to spill all over the floor, blocking our team’s path this way. The other path is now the only option if we all want to go through…But it turns out we decide to bypass the trap altogether - Dr. Scimitar flies above and beyond the trigger safely, Takeshi is nimble enough to avoid it, and Rankine burrows directly to the other side, leaving poor Zulkas alone with no method to cross. In this new section of cave we see a pile of blankets in the corner and equipment strewn about. Fearful of more traps Rankine leads the smaller party single file towards to corner slowly, and, on approach, notices a figure within the blankets. The team backs up. Rankine asks the others to stay a safe distance in case she startles what might be Razza into attacking. The Pangol approaches and calls Razz’a name, to very little response - but still, movement. Rankine comes closer and tries to gently shake the figure awake, to again, very little response. Finally Rankine pulls the blankets off to reveal an emaciated and freezing Razza, to which she immediately calls the others over for help.

. . . Can we save her?

3 Likes
(Natsume Ryu) #40

The Jennerit team continues to explore the abandoned mining facility on the lava planet tonight!

4/11 Jennerit Game 6:
Priscilla continues to lead the team through the facility as we search for coolant fluids for the machine to cool us down. Charonte and Vespillo eventually take the lead, sneaking ahead to avoid any ambushes, and calling Prisc and Kutcha as they clear rooms and hallways. One of the rooms our team discovers has lots of fluid storage devices inside which Vespillo and Charonte begin digging through. While the others propose methods of testing their viability as coolant, vespillo drops some debris in the jug, declares the fluid safe enough, and upon putting the top back on, decides to tilt the barrel and attempt to roll it back to the machine. The lid pops off and the fluid glugs out slowly, spreading across the floor. Vespillo, thinking he didn’t put the lid back on properly, goes and grabs another barrel to roll…which spills and mixes with the other fluid dangerously. Vespillo flutters over the spill safely to the mouth of the room with Kutcha and Priscilla and offers to go grab equipment from the machine room to scatter on the floor for Charonte to cross, but Char’s barrels that he’s climbed atop of to avoid the floor are being eaten away by the spill too quickly. Priscilla thinks quickly and uses her harpoon to bring Charonte back over - but the fumes mess with her aim, so she accidentally clips Char with it.
Freed and because of Vespillo, coolantless, and way too toasty, the group continues exploring, leaving the room of now harmful vapors and disintegrating liquid behind.
Charonte leads the group by sneaking slightly ahead, leading us through much of this floor of the complex (we did find stairs leading further down but decided not to take them yet). In one part of the facility we discover a couple of rooms and a lava breach…
explore more, find room of papers and more coolant, which angers vespillo. thankfully we get attacked so he can vent. vespillo redeems self by carrying the newly found cannister back safely. pump into system, it works, it angers the hot creatures. we explore more and find quarters. In the larger more important rooms we find safes. One’s got a power core in it, the others got dubious magazines. decide to go back to paper room and bring some back with us before exploring the rest of this floor and heading down, but are ambushed. prisc is feeling the pain.

3 Likes