Battleborn Day Experiences and Wishes!

So, how has Battleborn Day been? Help new players? Make new friends? Any interesting occurrences? Discuss!
EDIT:
Battleborn Day is gone. A year remains. What would you want to see in the next Battleborn day?

2 Likes

I was trying to catch up on the Toby DLC so I could play with others and not worry about missing the story. Got that done and then my friend messaged me about going to a movie. Took a break, had a shower, had some food and then jumped in for a match with Gearbox’s very own Ash Lyons (I don’t know their forum tag, sorry). We got stomped by the other team pretty bad. I knew two of the other people on the other team from the competitive team. They only went 2-stack but they didn’t pull any punches at all. Anyway, time for movie and then I’ll play some more when I get back.

1 Like

Wish it started on Saturday since I have been working all day :sob:

Will update after I get home and finally have a chance to get in on all the action!

1 Like

A bit meh, to be honest. I wore the Guide title for a while but it’s still just showing Community Gold, which makes no sense.

Had a few good matches with SuperBadJuJu, along with a few other friends who would not stop singing the Montana Song all damn morning.

Saw a bunch of new players but none of them communicated (despite my repeated attempts through both text and voice chat) and most of them quit early on in the match, even if we were winning.

Playerbase is definitely larger though, at last check there were 511 people playing, which is good.

1 Like

Well… just to say copy and I had the 2 worse scores in that match :frowning: I just threw fans the whole time and attacked people over extending (hopefully so they understood). However the other guys on the team were going all out. :X.

I bought 13 Lego packs. Still haven’t opened them yet though so that’s gonna be pretty exciting

1 Like

Finally got the violine-taunt for Rath, so I´m completely happy now^^

As for BB-day I´ve fanart-things planned for tomorrow and a whole workfree day to enjoy the ingame-party.

3 Likes

My favorite was the 5 man team I played against who voted for incursion, ran gali miko Reyna Ernest and caldarius, with the gali rocking his angel of death title, who made our 2 new players quit. gali then claimed after the game, they weren’t trying, when they picked that try hard comp -_- #battlebornday

6 Likes

I worked all day, and have to work all day tomorrow too! That’s okay though… REALLY!! See, i’m smiling!
-gives disturbingly over-enthusiastic grin, while a single tear rolls down right cheek-

1 Like

Solo’ing Toby’s Raid for 4 hours and then buying LLC and Rogue lootpacks in the hopes for new skins and taunts. Few more runs and I will have the 85 Ops point skins I want.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been almost solidly up against try-hard premades. It just really sucks for everybody, especially for the newbies.

6 Likes

I thought of playing characters i’ve never played before during Battleborn day weekend (except Galilea whom i’ll never play) so that I can fit in with new players, but then I saw the enemy team which was a familiar premade bunch in PC… so I picked Deande and my team of randoms completely wrecked them…! It’s nice every once in a while randoms get to stomp premades…

3 Likes

I’ve been using Alani (to finish the last 2-3 ticks on lifeguards lore) and Toby (nice change of pace from my usual characters) mostly today, as I’ve hardly ever really played with Toby.it can get pretty fun when you have your rail shot spread in to three beams that each pierce multiple targets lol. Also his ult doesn’t even need an enemy, just go off on a minion wave and take out the whole wave, the thrall, the shock turre and half the elite lmao

Just had a good match with an experienced team against a 4/5 newbie team. We focused objectives and avoided killing them outright, and had an almost full length meltdown game. Both teams leveled to max, we maintained a good push / pull ebb and flow to simulate an even match, and then won by thirty points. Great game, and I hope the newbies agree.

5 Likes

Really good to see people taking it easy on inexperienced teams. Nice job.

Only did 2 matches but both were against try hard premades won the first cause my team picked characters we we’re all good at the second match I dced from because it was a pubstomp and my team was doing nothing but feeding and it was my first time playing ernest hoping tommorrow will bring more equal matches

The Phoebe on your team was a predator and was just hunting me down like crazy. Anyway, it was still a fun match. :slight_smile:

Yeah, not gonna lie that I’m not too impressed so far with PvP. Took a low level friend who’s new to the game for a couple of rounds, had one or two decent matches but there’s a lot of meta comps who are pubstomping. Really takes the wind out of the sails when I see that. Thankfully no Galis but I saw a lot of Ernest + Ambra + Kleese territorial stomping.

Glad to hear there are some good matches going on like Autumn’s. I realize my luck in matchmaking rarely gives me balanced matches for whatever reason.

On the bright side though, PvE is still a blast. Got some nice legendaries from the couple missions I did, opened some faction packs and got lots of new taunts, very happy to finally get Levity and Spin to Win! Gonna start queuing for public PvE pretty soon.

2 Likes

Had a darn close Meltdown match and a less close but still intense Incursion match tonight and I finished up the plot of Friendship Raid. I also grabbed some taunts and foolishly thought that today would be the day where Rogue packs would give me some freaking Rogue rewards. Went ahead and grabbed S&A’s new taunt out of spite…

Had a pair of younger players below CR 20, I was discussing characters with them to help them decide what characters would work well with them

1 Like