Battleborn has gone GOLD!

Battleborn is done and ready for retail! Congratz to everyone at Gearbox!!!
You have build a beautiful game and can’t wait to play it for many many hours.

7 Likes

Awesome! :smiley:

1 Like

/squeeeeeees.

1 Like

Looking forward to the beta. I keep reading the fluff blurbs on the blog and its getting me more interested in the storymode!

3 Likes

Take it away Hammond:
Think this describes best that I cant contain my excitement for this game anymore.

7 Likes

:open_mouth: Wow, this is a lot earlier than I would’ve ever imagined. I gotta wonder what they’re gonna do with these last 3 months other than the open beta.

edit: 2 months, I’m still stuck in February apparently.

1 Like

Due to the ability for studios to patch on day one, which will almost certainly happen with Battleborn, “going gold” mostly means the game is going into boxes for eventual shipment to retailers. Development has not stopped.

Essentially the game is “done” to the extent it can be packaged for sale but there is more work to be done.

2 Likes

Wasn’t the release date May the 3th?

1 Like

It is according to Amazon.

1 Like

yes, but the studio has to be done sooner because certification can take some time. Then the game has to be printed and shipped.

well maybe they can push the release forward and say F-YOU Overwatch extend your beta now :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

This would be very fun.

2 Likes

And then one dev remember he forgot to compile something

Nah, good luck guys.
And Beta soon, hehe.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Excellent.
more hyped and more reasons to preorder it

RAAAAAAAAAAAANDYYYYYYYY

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!

Gearbox, pour yourselves a drink and put your feet up for a bit. But don’t get too comfortable! The game may have gone gold, but the story of Battleborn has only just begun.

God it’s so weird seeing Christopher Lloyd with that short black hair…

I Wonder if you Need Xbox Live Gold/PS Plus to Play the Story Mode in the Beta. I Hope not.

My face last night when I had to Google our release date to be sure. 0.O

It’s been a long month!

2 Likes

Nope! We’ve been busy all day announcing Homeworld DLC! :smiley:

Tell me more about this homeworld dlc