Battleborn Hot Fixes: 6/29/17

(Braveheart to the Graveyard) #61

So I need to bring Alamo armor on Mellka now? Got it

1 Like
(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #62

'Twas both a lure and a semi-genuine suggestion.

Mostly a (successful) lure.

2 Likes
(The Red Bar Observer) #63

Well now that you have me snared, two totally serious reasons why no nerf plz:

1. When Gearbox had the bright idea of compensating for Mell’s venom loss by focusing on buffing Claw Lunge damage, they effectively forced her to risk it offensively or else be irrelevant; a Mell sitting on her Claw Lunge as an escape is a pretty sad creature in today’s game

2. Mell has such a low total health pool that she has only two living states: full health and almost dead. The reason Mell always gets away with almost no health is because she can’t get away in any other condition. Any other BB who takes the same amount of damage is at half health and you don’t even think twice when they disengage

4 Likes
(Jennerit Supremacist) #64

Yes. It gives him a 40/10 life steal on melee /skills

1 Like
(wisecarver) #65

…Good point. I honestly see her swift movements as key to har character and I’ll say it again:
I like the way she moves

1 Like
(Braveheart to the Graveyard) #66

When will the next Lootpocalypse arrive, if ever?

Or will that be seen as Pay-2-Win by F2P’ers?

1 Like
(unmaking the universe with math) #67

my thoughts exactly
i had a discussion with @NatsumeRyu about a week ago about the lack of any recent EXP and Loot events and I came to the same conclussion
wouldnt make good press

1 Like
(30% more flak) #68

Great thing that they also fixed it’s wonky ass hitbox that seems to miss more consistently than it hits /s

1 Like
(The Red Bar Observer) #69

No kidding. I go out of my way to get Claw Lunge kills now, and I curse the hitbox more than anything else. Feels good to Claw Lunge KO a mid-air enemy Mellka though.

Still not bothering with that awful alt fire melee.

I’ve played a little Thorn, and she’s so much better at doing Mell’s job that it’s ridiculous. Just as easy to go zero deaths, way more damage, way more wave clear, easy kills. I cannot understand why venom’s meager ~36DPS was considered “too much” given how far behind Mell is compared to the top dogs in this game. :disappointed: She could have her original venom back, keep her alt and primary damage buffs, and Thorn would still be stronger…

3 Likes
(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #70

Have you ever used your Claw Lunge to escape and a mid-air Benny on low health just happens to be in the trajectory path and just explodes?

(The Red Bar Observer) #71

Claw Lunge doesn’t seem to connect with flying Benedicts, at least not for me. I’ve tried to pop them as they escape and Mell just gently bumps his wings and falls to the ground. Could be a connection thing though.

I used to take great pleasure in tagging a fleeing Benny with a venom bullet and gloating as he enjoyed his last few seconds of flight before choking and dying. I ■■■■■■■ hate how every game I play as Mell now, I’ll be guaranteed to land some clutch canister or venom bullet on a runner and feel a moment of intense unhappy regret as they regen right through it.

3 Likes
(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #72

Mellka? More like Mellcan’t secure kills!!! ammarite?

Yeah, she’s a hot mess.

4 Likes
(The Red Bar Observer) #73

Stress on the hot, though!

1 Like
(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #74

Mellka is hot, Mellka is cool,
She’s got the stuff to make Eden drool.

1 Like
(The Red Bar Observer) #75

Her venom might be mild / but in bed, she goes wild

edit: that moment when you realize you’re derailing yet another hotfix thread by lusting over a polygonal elf

(Penguin connoisseur.) #76

@lequizachris (DROOLZILLA)? I like that guy…

You should use a comma between him and Eden’s names though, or people might get confused…

3 Likes
(PSN: CB_DROOLZILLA Angry Eldrid) #77

I have been summon

1 Like
(Penguin connoisseur.) #78

Just wanted to remind you that Mellka is bae <3

(The Red Bar Observer) #79

Might as well remind him that sun is hot and water is wet.

Mellka

3 Likes
(PSN: CB_DROOLZILLA Angry Eldrid) #80

Hi Mellka

3 Likes