Since we are allowed to post our opinions in this forum, yet our opinions of other people’s posts are discouraged, I thought I’d make a thread for all those who are getting tired of the repetitiveness of negative themed threads on this forum. Please, do not directly quote from negative posts, paraphrasing is fine.
- Number threads are completely unoriginal. Why not just make one thread to discuss/rant about how many people are actively playing at any given time? One per platform would even be less tedious than seeing a new one every other day. Yes, it does affect me to come here and see nearly identical thread titles with only the numbers changed. While I don’t have to post in them, I can’t know until I read the title.
- Battleborn is dead/dying threads are old hat, too. Can’t a person just find yesterday’s thread and rant there instead of making another one?
- Threads in which any dissenting positive opinion is dismissed as damage control, cheerleading, or rationalizing. Actually, some folks are capable of more patience than others and have the ability to enjoy Battleborn in SPITE of it’s issues. Just because some of us are still having fun, doesn’t make us ignorant, gullible, or giggling fanboys.
- Threads about STEAM UPDATE TUESDAY. Every Tuesday, someone comes on here b*tching at GBX because Steam has dropped them. Come on, let’s just revive last Tuesday’s thread each week, since there is always someone who will think GBX is the boss of Steam.
- Threads about SHiFT. Okay, it’s broken, we got it. GBX has been working on it. There are existing work-arounds. It is a method of distributing GIFTS. If I handed someone a present, but my arm was in a cast and they had the audacity to complain because the delivery system was flawed, I would NEVER give them another present . . . EVER. To quote ISIC: “OMG Geoff, whatever!”
- Threads which degenerate into re-hashed arguments about things which have nothing to do with the thread topic.
This thread is not a slam against the moderators. They do the best they can, splitting, merging, and closing within the rules.
This thread is NOT implying people shouldn’t be allowed to rant or express their opinions, negative or positive.
What I’m saying here is that the community of forum posters could probably put a little bit more effort into reading what has already been said and posting in existing threads that are relevant to their concerns.
It would also be nice if posters kept in mind their thread titles actually DO bring others down. Some of us are bored to tears with the redundant rants and the negativity is discouraging.