Battleborn Marketplace Update

Ignorant people like me, huh? Sure, call me that if you want. Call me green-skinned too, as it simply isn’t true.
No, I’m not going to spend another sixty dollars on this game, not on premium currency. In case you didn’t read what I typed, I said, in one way or another, that there needs to be a way for players to gain Platinum without spending additional money. WITHOUT SPENDING ADDITIONAL MONEY.

Even then, I don’t need your approval as to whether or not I spend more money on this game. You’re not my Dad.
Just like how I buy Metallica t-shirts or KISS posters, I’ll support something I like in a way I see fit.

1 Like

I honestly feel like they would have been given away with shift codes or some event as well, wonder what other pre planned skins the will charge for? Oh! Christmas in july!

1 Like

To me it just seems like it devalues the idea of something being premium if you can earn it. The fact that it is a premium currency, means that it it a purchase item (like in other games). As defined, premium content is:

“A type of digital content that may be accessed for a
fee, and is usually of higher quality or more desirable than free
content. It is mainly a digital marketing strategy that is used to
differentiate between standard (free) marketing content and
exceptionally informative content. It is also used by digital media
companies (videos, music, TV shows) to deliver content under a paid
subscription.”

Granted, I don’t find that these skins are more desirable than the in-game free content but that is what it is used for. So therefore, I will not pay for it. It is a paid idea, and should be that way, not earned through grinding.

What a bunch of groundless conclusions.

The answer here would be too bad. How do you think the people that bought the game on launch feel only to see it Price drop 2 weeks later? Always best not to jump the gun on things.

If people want to continue to be part of this discussion, they need to do so without insulting Gearbox or their forum users.

1 Like

Oh, it’s going to be a matter of who owes who what, huh? Well here’s another true statement: I don’t owe Gearbox anything. I was planning on buying all the DLC’s. Remember how they sell DLCs to make money? But, since I am recently reminded about how I’m not actually obligated to do that, I think I’ll not. = profit, probably!

Withdrawing previously promised money is just one more reason why it’s great to have a self checkout lane grafted like a horrific extra limb onto what was previously just a videogame with regular videogame parts–you’ll need the extra cash to make up for the lost cash! What? Yeah!

1 Like

What are you going on about exactly? no one anywhere ever said or even implied that we owe Gearbox anything. You’re not obligated to buy the season pass, Platinum or even the game for that matter

Ugh, don’t remind me! If only they had said, when I bought the game, “Oh by the way, you know how there isn’t a pay currency in the game? Well let me tell you a funny story I like to call ‘Corporate’.”

Again, thanks for reminding me that I don’t have to pay any money to them. You’ve got it, champ!

What was the point of the pay currency again? Was it to make money? And it resulted in me spending less. What AM I going on about? Ha ha! You’re sort of amazing!

1 Like

Please talk about the game not about fellow members. Thanks.

As requested earlier: Here a cute red panda.

4 Likes

March 16th 2016:

“We know that some gamers really love to express themselves through
cosmetic customizations that make their heroes stand-out. That’s why
Battleborn has a huge variety of skins and taunts that come with the
game at launch, and we will continue to release even more cosmetic
customizations post-launch – some of which we will sell in-game. This
kind of optional cosmetic content has absolutely no effect on the
gameplay, and helps us keep all the additional heroes, modes, maps, and
other features that extend the core gameplay experience, free for
everyone. We’re committed to making sure that you have the means to make
your favorite heroes truly your own.”

Three months prior to the release date they said it.

Full article at:

1 Like

Oh my god! I’m having Deja Vu! I have posted this many times in the forum…

4 posts were split to a new topic: Marketplace update off-topic

I take your panda and raise you.

You are welcome.

6 Likes

Clever, More like Genius! Their time machine is working! They must have went back in time and make this post so that people wouldn’t be offended by having a marketplace! Maybe the angry feelings will disappear now that they went back in time and added this to prior launch specs and their vision.

And I don’t know if I can survive my Deja Vu experience. It’s feels like I already did.

That’s one theory, but all of the greatest minds of our time seem not to know that a working model exists!

HEY! I have an alternate theory! You know how sometimes, a company will intentionally leave something understated so that nobody notices, leaving the door open for someone, of a particular caliber and breed, to come along and point out where it was mentioned months prior to release like that makes it more visible at the time of purchase somehow?

You know?

You know how they do that thing, and then that other thing happens?

Life sure is great! So many different kinds of people! There’s this kind, and remember the vikings? Ha ha! So much english silver!

Well, darn. My theory has been shot down. Maybe I will just go and RESEARCH the next big game to make sure that it is up to my satisfaction. Not like I did for BB (only starting to read about it since it was announced that Gearbox would be working on it). Researching a game is just as important as playing it.

Knowing is half the battle…

2 Likes

Just do the math

Battleborn for now have 26 characters, these characters have
6 skins for level up
3 skins for packs
I’m going to exclude the gold and cyber skins that you get in promos and season pass.

It’s 234 skins

I’m excluding the cost to make the story mode, voice actors, gear in game… I’m going to talk only about the skins, if I try to calculate everything the game have, the number I get it’s going to be a lot lower than the one I’m giving you know.

For a $60 game each skin in game have a cost of $0,25
Okay, let’s say these skins it’s a recolor 2.0 with more details, so double the price $0,50
All skins should be $13 and nothing more

And now you know why people think they got scammed.
I’m still not playing the game until they fix this, I’m just checking the forum to see if they going to hear their costumers or they will continue to call us morons.

1 Like

I’ve played a lot of Warframe and yes though you dont have direct access to it the game developers full heartedly support an open ingame market including the trade of platinum. I do get what youre saying about Warframe though. Its not exactly what you meant but anything would be better then what it is now. Spark gave players access to paid curency through daily log-ins and weekly challenges, so maybe thats a better example but again it is a free game.

1 Like

Thank you, im with you.