Battleborn Marketplace Update

You are seriously ruining the game so thank you for making this just another game with paid curency. I made the mistake of thinging you were better then that so thank you for showing me other wise. Gob job on making a great game just another disapointment. To all of you at gearbox and 2k that had a part in adding this thank you for ruining one of my favorite companys for me and thank you for showing me you are like the rest of the game companys out there who care more about making money then making their community happy and their games quality.

1 Like

Gearbox doesn’t owe anyone anything. You paid for a product and got what you paid for. If the premium currency is really that much of an issue then I don’t know what to tell you. It’s minor/cosmetic additional content that does not change the core gameplay in any way.

4 Likes

“Core gameplay” is not the only thing people buy games for.

4 Likes

It isn’t, which is why I’ve paid for two of the Marketplace skins and taunts

However it’s easy to see why there are people up in arms about the situation, as even though I’d like to have all the Marketplace skins and taunts even I don’t see myself paying for THAT much Platinum, as much as I will support BattleBorn.
There definitely needs to be a way to earn Platinum without spending anything out of pocket

1 Like

It should not be accepted so easily you have to spend $60 to get all skins and taunts, you cant honestly think that a handful of skins and taunts THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED IN THE $60 FOR THE GAME OR AT LEAST BE PART OF DLC are worth as much as the full game? REALLY? Like really now? But even buying one skin or taunt at that price is saying it is okay for them to do it and that skins and other cosmetics that should have been in for the start (as I’ve said repetedly) are worth more then the whole game. Do you honestly think they put even a fraction of the time they put into the cosmetics that they put into the game? AND 2x credits and Xp or additional gear pages and loadout do affect game play.

2 Likes

I think i’ll wait for borderlands 3…or what it will be called. i like this game and its great but the decisions are making me go yup bl 3 and let it be not like this. in decision process.

Reading your reply made me reconsider whether games like The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy VII, and Pokemon are even playable.

1 Like

You logic makes no sense.

No, it’s a good, logical idea that I’ve seen pretty successful in some games where players take both approaches. The point is in making the real money conversion obviously much more efficient so that the appeal of gaming until you eventually get it for free is put up for debate. The kind of rate I’m talking about here is somthing like $1 worth for 20-30 hours of straight playing. So it would basically take 2 weeks or so to obtain a skin if you play 5 hours a day. You’ll find people saying “Why spend real money when you can just normally play until you get it for free?” and “Why waste so many hours just to get something that I can pay pocket change for now?”

Yay! Just what I wanted for this game. Getting shafted after forking out my hard earned money. I mean who would have thought that you would get this content included with the season pass? That’s crazy. Hopefully my sarcasm isn’t lost on you gearbox because the voice of the community sure is.

2 Likes

Warframe is a great example of a game like that but you dont have to put in 20 hours for $1 you also don’t pay $60 for it on the account its free! I honestly don’t think paid curency has any place in a game I already paid for though. I’ve been boiling about this since i got on. It bothers me so much because this is a great game and I love it but I don’t want to play anymore after this.

Thank you for saying that :slight_smile:

I’ve played Warframe, so I know that it’s not a good example, because although the majority of things that have a platinum price tag can either be bought with credits, found, or made, but you cannot actually earn the platinum itself for the things that you can only get from paying platinum, which is usually event/seasonal stuff and skins/coloring. There’re even some nice walls for characters (warframes) that make the real money spending very tempting. Well, there’s actually a way to get this platinum without paying real money, and that’s from trading with players, which easily feels like black market business for end-game players to exploit newbies.

The idea I’m advocating is playing to earn the paid currency, not a substitute that has relatively limited uses.

1 Like

Seeing people complain about micro-transactions because “it should have been in the full game” feels like seeing a plump guy at a diner order 3 meals and complain that he didn’t get his side of bread. If you are that selfish of a person to feel such entitlement from owning a $60 dollar product to complain about $2-5 little cosmetic expansions, then just don’t play because chances are that you are the same player who calls a forfeit 5 minutes into Incursion (not team Death Match) because you are constantly dying with a melee BB.

Oh and please read up the forums or look up quotes before saying false things. I’ve seen dozens of posts saying something along the lines of “OMG GBX said they would never ever make us pay for anything when we got the season pass! I hate this game! Oh and buff drop rates on those pieces of gear that are 2 levels above ‘Rare’ drops plz and I will love this game forever!”

2 Likes

My main complaint about the micro-transactions is that they clearly just dumped the skins from a future planned halloween event into the store and called it a day.

4 Likes

Ignorant people like me, huh? Sure, call me that if you want. Call me green-skinned too, as it simply isn’t true.
No, I’m not going to spend another sixty dollars on this game, not on premium currency. In case you didn’t read what I typed, I said, in one way or another, that there needs to be a way for players to gain Platinum without spending additional money. WITHOUT SPENDING ADDITIONAL MONEY.

Even then, I don’t need your approval as to whether or not I spend more money on this game. You’re not my Dad.
Just like how I buy Metallica t-shirts or KISS posters, I’ll support something I like in a way I see fit.

1 Like

I honestly feel like they would have been given away with shift codes or some event as well, wonder what other pre planned skins the will charge for? Oh! Christmas in july!

1 Like

To me it just seems like it devalues the idea of something being premium if you can earn it. The fact that it is a premium currency, means that it it a purchase item (like in other games). As defined, premium content is:

“A type of digital content that may be accessed for a
fee, and is usually of higher quality or more desirable than free
content. It is mainly a digital marketing strategy that is used to
differentiate between standard (free) marketing content and
exceptionally informative content. It is also used by digital media
companies (videos, music, TV shows) to deliver content under a paid
subscription.”

Granted, I don’t find that these skins are more desirable than the in-game free content but that is what it is used for. So therefore, I will not pay for it. It is a paid idea, and should be that way, not earned through grinding.

What a bunch of groundless conclusions.

The answer here would be too bad. How do you think the people that bought the game on launch feel only to see it Price drop 2 weeks later? Always best not to jump the gun on things.