Battleborn needs a ranked competitive mode

top players are leaving the game for good. there isn’t anything left to work for in this game when your entire match history and more are all wins. there is a serious lack of competition at all times of the day now. there isn’t any prestige mode, we already topped out to level 105 just 2 days after the level cap was raised. all of your characters are mastered. you have all the gear you need. if a ranked mode will never be implemented, or at least some sort of leaderboards to track and progress your standing within this game, this game will die along with when your dedicated competitive playerbase all quit the game. this playerbase should be your driving force to keep this game relevant within the pvp scene, to keep broadcasters streaming the game, to spark more interest in the tournament scene, and to keep your players who play this game every day actually in the game and working for that top spot on the boards. it isn’t too late for battleborn to revive itself within the pvp community. i don’t want to see this game die because this game is awesome, but if nothing is done i’m afraid it will.

Yes, they’re working on a draft so this should come with it.By the way, there are several topics similar you may wish to add too
Ranked MUST be your next endeavor
Battleborn needs a ranked mode and rankings

I want to comment before this post gets closed/merged into one of the others.

I would like a prestige system as well.

1 Like

I desire a challenge. That is all.

1 Like

Solo queue and carry the new low CR players. Ten matches solo queue wins in a row. Challenge delivered.

4 Likes

Give me prestige and ranked, and I don’t think I’ll ever leave.

4 Likes

Most of the time when I try that I end up on a stacked team for some reason with all the low CR players on the other side. I even try queueing at the same time as other people I know who are in match making but that rarely works. Well balanced privet games seem to be the way to go but those are work to organize.

I’m just offering a challenge. I haven’t been able to bring ten random teams in a row to victory. I’m not good enough to carry all the time but it’s a challenge I’m working on.

2 Likes

Hilarious, competitive? With the current player base? I think that the video game tournament of my neighborhood might be more populated

2 Likes

Pretty sure this was my first response in both those other threads @epicender584 linked.

I would also like this. They should bring back the competitive and casual playlists that they had before.

like i said, it isn’t too late to incorporate ranked leaderboards. put this in the game and you just might see players come back into the game and revitalize the pvp community.

2 Likes

I think its unlikely that creating a tightly matched ranked mode is going to do anything for population.

Ideally better matching would put players into games they are more likely to enjoy, but without the population to support it all you’re doing is creating longer wait times as the system attempts to match and then puts players into a session that isn’t dissimilar to what they would have gotten with the ranked mode.

Ranked modes and leaderboards factor more into retention than growth. And with the current low numbers growth seems more important.

A good free demo with some decent tutorials for the game and modes is a better bet at the moment. And once the population is high enough I would love a ranked mode.

2 Likes

Actually, this game sells not too poorly and has sold decently. Everyone left or is leaving. Retention is exactly what we need

1 Like

If we are talking about a competitive mode, I don’t think a permanent queue would work at this moment. I would like to see a leaderboard type thing. Like once a month, we get a weekend with a competitive queue where you can only go in solo and at the end of the weekend, GBX posts the scores and leaders and stats. Obviously scoring in this would have to be different than just K/D/A. It could even be creative like bonus points for choosing random characters or extra score for buildables. Then after 3-4 months or something, it resets. Like seasons. This is just a thought and would involve an active GBX.

4 Likes

Ranked? Yeah, lets rank the 10 or so guys that still play. Im sure that’ll make things so much different

1 Like

Ranked is like the 100th most important thing they could do right now. There is no need for ranked if there are only a few/several dozen really good players. If you play this game, you are already in the top 500 and if you are a veteran, you clearly should be in the top 50 ez. (I am talking from the PC perspective, but don’t think these quick numbers would be any different on consoles).

2 Likes

Retention is to stop players from leaving. Getting players to come back is different.

A ranked mode isnt going to bring back large numbers of players.

1 Like

My point is bringing people back will do nothing if not one sticks around. Patch the holes, then fill the bucket back up

3 Likes

The main hole that needs to be patched is a lack of a ranked mode or leaderboard, imo.

1 Like