Battleborn PS4 League Season 2

(PSN: SirWalrusCrow) #1

Heyo y’all!

Me & @supernovasnipe are trying to organise the new league, and this’ll be the official post for the 2nd League Season on PS4. Here we’ll try to centralise all the information you’ll need ahead of the league. The roster, rules, score, times etc.

So without further ado!

Roster

Here are the teams;

As it stands now they’re preliminary and are subject to change. Some invitations are still pending and we’ll add them to the teams we’ll believe will be the best fit for the player, the team and the league overall with regards to skill level and personality.

Rules

Here are the rules;

There are a couple of things here which everyone should be aware of which is different from other leagues as far as at least I know, if you don’t read through the document that is.

1. Oscar Mike is honour banned.

2. Any form of buildable cost reduction gear in Meltdown is banned.

Score

N/A

Schedule

Teams will get to choose between two times; 3 PM EST / 9 PM EST. These times will be chosen on or between Thursdays-Sundays.

Captains will arrange times with each other after they’ve checked their own team. We’ll then try to update this post with the times when we know.

Like last season, 1 team will always have an absent week because of an uneven amount of games.

The League will start the 11th of January,
the week after new years.

An overall schedule will be released soon.

Casters

Players are free to stream their own games, and other casters may step in. The current assigned casters however are;

@Ashbweh

Link TBA

Bohan716

Link TBA

@nemosis327

Link TBA

@supernovasnipe

Link TBA

@blainebrossart1 & VagrantSun are assigned casters as well but don’t stream themselves. They’ll compliment commentary to whoever’s interested at the time if they’re available and up for it.

That’s it for now. Feel free to comment thoughts, questions or suggestions as to how to improve this league and the experiences it’ll provide!

Cheers!

8 Likes

(Jennerit Supremacist) #2

I will also be willing to play as a sub if need be.

1 Like

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #3
0 Likes

(Penguin connoisseur.) #4

Sh*t, there goes my third best character, but it’s understandable.

0 Likes

(The MONTANA!!) #5

Shard generators are acceptable in any mode currently correct? Including 0 cost shards gens with negative effects?

1 Like

(PSN: SirWalrusCrow) #6

Yes, most are.

Buildable cost is banned in Meltdown specifically to reduce the elite bot spamming. Shard generators is the backbone for a lot of loadouts for players and don’t have nearly as much of an impact as buildable cost reduction does.

I emphasised Shard of Solus being banned as it has on occassion been argued that that’s an okay piece of gear to use because it’s worse than a max roll shard gen, a apecial piece of gear etc.

So again, yeah. Most are fine, the only ones banned are uncommon & epic LLC shard gens aince they have buildable cost reduction as a secondary stat.

2 Likes

(Sillysiilindur) #7

I’m basically an Oscar main but I’m not bothered by it what so ever because I can flex with others

0 Likes

(Penguin connoisseur.) #8

Same. He’s only my third main, after all.

0 Likes

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #9

Do explain.

Like legitimately, I can not begin to fathom why.

1 Like

(Penguin connoisseur.) #10

Because he is the backdoor king, especially since his buff, which easily allows you to replace all former attack damage gear with skill damage gear, and still be a powerhouse. At least that’s my assumption. Many of us on PS4 don’t like the idea of backdooring in a team-based tournament meant for fun, competitive matches.

You’d be better off asking @lemuren97 or @Supernovasnipe for confirmation though, as i believe they set the league up this time around.

1 Like

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #11

I know you’re just stating your assumption, but regardless of his ability to do something like that, his power in no way should warrant a perma ban. And if you’re correct, it’s an unseemly decision to also perma ban him in Meltdown.

But we’ll see before I further comment.

0 Likes

(Penguin connoisseur.) #12

I respect your opinion, but it IS up to the people participating, who all have a social connection to each other in one way or another. I know that many of them got together to balance out the teams, so if a majority vote for a single honor-banned character went to OM, then that’s their prerogative. This is a not an officially sponsored tournament, but one set up by the players; they can make their own rules.

1 Like

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #13

Ok, then how about @lemuren97 how and why was OM honor banned?

1 Like

(BM tutor) #14

He was honor banned because he is hands down the best character in the game right now. He provides numerous positives with almost no drawbacks. How we managed to do this is by the amazing power of typing it out in the rules section.

2 Likes

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #15

Since you replied that way, let me say what an atrocious reasoning that is. Especially when you compare what OM is capable of, to that of what characters in the past had to be capable of to warrant a honor ban. Regardless of whether or not your assertion is correct, is there a reason people can’t use “the best character” or even waste a ban on him? Because when the power gap between the characters is so small, is there a reason number one is auto banned?

And I was more asking did you and crow simply choose this rule dictator style, or was that a legitimate mass consensus between the participants?

0 Likes

(BM tutor) #16

General consensus, at least with the current captains and everyone that typically participate in our 10 mans. If you’re able to outdamage Toby, have the best area denial/sentry killing ultimate, easy escape in his cloak, a small hit box, and on top of all that he’s the easiest character to play in the game. Are you participating in the league?

1 Like

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #17

I’m on PC. But I know what he’s capable of, not to mention that usually whenever someone writes out a character’s kit, they seem over-tuned. It still seems like an extreme action all things considered, especially in the case of meltdown.

And I don’t need screenshots or scenario’s, but I know Toby pack’s more punch even after the scaling change. Even despite the 20% damage reduction his primary got, he preforms and feels relatively unchanged in Bots. Shoving a 400 damage body shot through 3-4 minions at a time is not a DPS OM can keep up with.

0 Likes

(BM tutor) #18

Then why do you care about our league rules? How did you get that it was only in meltdown?

3 Likes

(Penguin connoisseur.) #19

Pinging @vagrantsun, @Moostacho, @lemuren97 and whatever the hell FLUFFYNINJA0’s forum name is (if he has one)…

Guys? Would you say that Toby feels about the same outside of Bots Battle, where skilled counter-play and enemy gear are variables? Maybe i’m just crazy, but i disagree. Strongly.

EDIT:
Actually, you know what? Nevermind. I don’t want to turn this thread into a Toby debate. Sorry i brought it up. To each his own, agree to disagree, etc. Sorry.

0 Likes

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #20

That sentry killing power is not something that matters to meltdown. And I commented because it seems that despite how long I’ve been at this, I can not comprehend this community’s thought process. That someone like present day OM would make it to the honor banned list.

Cam, Toby’s fine right? You miss the Mine damage more right? And yeah I feel I can still pretty easily get 70+ kills in a private match against and with all bots. That is not a number OM can keep up with. (I know it’s a big nerf, but all that overkill tends to hide it’s significance. 3 shoting a 1100 heath Alani with 1200 damage isn’t going to have much of a perceived difference compared to 3 shoting her with 1500 damage.)

And fyi, both this league and the most recent patch are going to be representative of Battleborn’s sequel, if it’s ever made. So if how that patch was handled is something you support, the blind balance of characters and the stealth nerfs, then just keep singing that tune.

Look I don’t like knocking heads with nice guys like you on the forums, and I know this is a private event that won’t affect me at all. I’m just surprised that with everything that’s taken place, that people like you are fine with people continuing this thought process, as well as yourself seeming to continue with it as well.

So yeah, all I’m doing is being an ass and challenging the status quo, but I also think I’m doing it within all the forum rules this time at least.

0 Likes